Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's up with the Anfibio

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's up with the Anfibio
March 03, 2019 08:51PM
It was headline news for a while. What's up
Re: What's up with the Anfibio
March 03, 2019 09:57PM
MTD-8000 and the Orx are the current headliners. Many Anfibio users are in winter mode.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
cjc
March 03, 2019 10:25PM
Love this detector very powerful great audio-- can't wait to get out in the water with it.
cjc
March 03, 2019 10:28PM
Seems like a fine detector. But I'll wait for the next one from that great company.
March 04, 2019 01:20AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seems like a fine detector. But I'll wait for the
> next one from that great company.

+1

Dean
March 04, 2019 01:24AM
It's really good in my opinion. Has some quirks for sure...but I mesh with it better than the Equinox and Deus both.

Hit double silver today with it...was a Super day. thumbs down

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
March 04, 2019 02:05AM
Similar quirks as the impact or different animal all together?
March 04, 2019 02:13AM
What kind of quirks, G T? HH jim tn
March 04, 2019 04:36AM
I call them "quirks" because some people may like them...yet some may dislike them.

The people who cannot get past the mental block of "it must be 99" will be in for a rough time. It will give some internal circuit feedback like a hot T2 or F75.

You hear every snap/crackle/pop your soil has to offer on this one...even at low gain. Including any birdshot sized trash mixed in. It can be mental if you cannot handle that sort of information for long. Targets stand out REALLY well and there is no mistaking them. However, the amount of information it spits back at you is phenomenal....and I pity the fool who buys this as their first detector.

To make matters more interesting...it picks up everything the local EMI field has to offer. It is not a DST type machine and that cannot be stressed enough. If you want a smooth running DST F75...buy one...or keep the one you have.

It is not a "silent EMI" depth killer type machine either (a good thing)......meaning it won't reduce your depth in exchange for silence. What it "appears" to do is filter the EMI into a different channel of sorts...that seems to be of a lesser audio response. You can hear it buzzing and crackling away....but bury a coin at 10+ inches and it suppresses the EMI noise and produces the target clearly even at fringe depths. Almost as if the EMI channel cuts off/out for a split second to allow the target filtering and identification to take place.

It's almost like a "tell" of sorts. You hear it buzzing/popping/chattering...but it does not disrupt the target response at all. Most other detectors will just mask the target inside the EMI noise which decreases depth....or they will silence the EMI totally...which also decreases depth. The target just gets lost in the chatter or filtering basically.

It does not appear to get lost on the Anfibio "as much". It appears to be able to cut the target into the noise chatter better than most. Like I said...almost as if the EMI is on a different audio channel or something.

So do you want to drive a dead silent Bentley with 750hp....or do you want to drive a 750hp muscle car with a cam/lifter setup you can hear clicking away and a rumbling Flowmaster exhaust under your ass? That is it in a nutshell.

When I chatted with Dilek on the phone for 30-45 minutes....she told me straight up....."This is not for a beginner or intermediate...we have the Simplex coming for that. I agree 100% with her. It was almost as if she was challenging in her demeanor. "We built what the people wanted...if you cannot handle the power TheHunterGT...your problem...not mine". She straight up told me to be 100% honest if I did not like it...who cares....we know it is good...you will be the fool.

I have to admit I laughed a bit and thought she was cocky when I hung up. It was a rather intense conversation I quite enjoyed. After using it for a bit...she is right. This ain't for chumps. It's fast...deep...and feels like lightning in your hands. Good stuff...if you like that.

I personally love it and plan on giving a very positive review when I do the video.

March 04, 2019 05:21AM
If it's like my Multi Kruzer that I have the Anfibio coil on, You can notch out 97 to 99 and run disk up around 10 and kill most of the chatter and loose very little if any depth from testing I have done. Doing this lets me run gain higher.
March 04, 2019 07:10AM
Yeah, it will disc and notch clear to 99...I will give that a try to see how that works. Thanks.

Disc 5-6 seems to quiet it down pretty well...and 9-10 seems to be the point where the inverse disc to depth thing takes over. I know at disc 15 it is dead silent but the depth is killed. As soon as you hit 16 it opens right back up again. So the 1-15 thing is key for sure.

Only one hunt gave me fits....but even my F75 with DST was having issues so I know it was something bonkers.

Ran 2 tone with disc under nickels....then a notch from above nickels to under zinc. Seemed to work well and did not appear to lose much depth at all. Was a nice cherry pick setup.

Ran 3 tone with disc 3-5 all day today and was good to go. It can behave when it wants to.

March 04, 2019 01:04PM
Looking forward to the video, GT. I'm glad that Bill posted this question as I was thinking the same thing. Even on FM under the dedicated sub forum there is very little regarding this machine.

Dean
March 04, 2019 01:23PM
I may try to do some videos and post. Rain all day again yesterday here. And is freezing cold with howling wind today. I still may try to do video today, we’ll see.

A few comments after reading GT’s comments.

You don’t need max gain using 2 tone or 4 tone to get some nice depth.
Actually you likely won’t ever use max gain in 2 tone or 4 tone.

Disc setting. This will depending on level used make detector more noisy. But running too high will have negative effects on the detectors ability to separate and unmask. Default settings work pretty darn good here.

Folks starting out with detector gain level 70 using 2 tone or 4 tone recommended or use 3 tone with gain around 90 — good places to start.

Look forward to hearing more feedback from you GT.

Btw, all metal detectors have quirks. At least all the ones I have used.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 01:32PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 04, 2019 03:41PM
Lately I've been running considerably lower gain in 2-tome and 4-tone. Even into the 40's. Tho audio becomes modulated but the depth is still there. The deeper targets can still be heard but are quieter. At higher gains the deep stuff is loud.. Of course in 3-tone that'll kill depth below 89. And yes, notching out 96-99 helps with the wraparound. Not many machines have the ability to notch out the upper numbers.
March 04, 2019 09:36PM
TheHunterGT Wrote:
> I call them "quirks" because some people may like
> them...yet some may dislike them.
>
> The people who cannot get past the mental block of
> "it must be 99" will be in for a rough time. It w
> ill give some internal circuit feedback like a hot
> T2 or F75.
>
> You hear every snap/crackle/pop your soil has to o
> ffer on this one...even at low gain. Including an
> y birdshot sized trash mixed in. It can be mental
> if you cannot handle that sort of information for
> long. Targets stand out REALLY well and there is
> no mistaking them. However, the amount of informa
> tion it spits back at you is phenomenal....and I p
> ity the fool who buys this as their first detector
> .
>
> To make matters more interesting...it picks up eve
> rything the local EMI field has to offer. It is n
> ot a DST type machine and that cannot be stressed
> enough. If you want a smooth running DST F75...bu
> y one...or keep the one you have.
>
> It is not a "silent EMI" depth killer type machine
> either (a good thing)......meaning it won't reduce
> your depth in exchange for silence. What it "appe
> ars" to do is filter the EMI into a different chan
> nel of sorts...that seems to be of a lesser audio
> response. You can hear it buzzing and crackling a
> way....but bury a coin at 10+ inches and it suppre
> sses the EMI noise and produces the target clearly
> even at fringe depths. Almost as if the EMI chann
> el cuts off/out for a split second to allow the ta
> rget filtering and identification to take place.
>
> It's almost like a "tell" of sorts. You hear it
> buzzing/popping/chattering...but it does not disru
> pt the target response at all. Most other detect
> ors will just mask the target inside the EMI noise
> which decreases depth....or they will silence the
> EMI totally...which also decreases depth. The tar
> get just gets lost in the chatter or filtering bas
> ically.
>
> It does not appear to get lost on the Anfibio "as
> much". It appears to be able to cut the target in
> to the noise chatter better than most. Like I sai
> d...almost as if the EMI is on a different audio c
> hannel or something.

Thanks for your feedback.

The one thing that I couldn't stand about the Racer 2 was the brutal, constant audio feedback. I came to terms with my mental weakness and and went running back to my Tesoros.. Since then the EQ800 has solved most of my problems in EMI and in terms of said inability to handle the noise. But I cant help but think on the moments the R2 did produce in high EMI areas where none of my Tesoros or the Deus would function with any amount of audible clarity.. not to mention the VDI on the R2 would jump and somewhat lock on to targets in the iron. I'm really wanting a Red Racer at this point.. Got a feeling it might be even better than the R2..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2019 09:37PM by Mike C.
March 04, 2019 10:26PM
The anfibio wasn't long enough for me one, two it was heavy, three just didn't feel it did anything better than anything else.. unimpressed . Screen words were small. Got rid of it quickly.
March 04, 2019 10:29PM
Mike C Wrote:

> I'm really wanting a Red Racer at this point.. Got a feeling it might be even better than the R2..

I think you'll find the opposite true. The Red Racer will be nosier then the R2. After using the F75 LTD (pre-DST) for so many years, I guess I got used to "working in the noise". I found the Racers to be far better behaved (and far better producing) then the non-DST F75. A nice feature on the Multi Kruzer is it provides a 3-TONE and 4-TONE search mode. The 4-TONE is extra sparky (I.E. noisy), I've been to a few sites and got blown out with EMI in 4-TONE mode. The 3-TONE mode if set to a gain of 89 or less, is far more stable/quite with a hyper reactivity speed, but at the cost of depth (great for working heavy iron, not great for deep turf coin hunting). I prefer to hunt in 4-TONE mode, but If I encounter EMI issues, I switch to 3-TONE mode and problem solved.
March 04, 2019 11:28PM
The more I hear about Dilek the more I like her. No nonsense, rare trait in a lady!
March 04, 2019 11:54PM
Not for Chumps. That's funny.drinking smiley
March 05, 2019 12:45AM
tnsharpshooter
You don’t need max gain using 2 tone or 4 tone to get some nice depth.
Actually you likely won’t ever use max gain in 2 tone or 4 tone.

Disc setting. This will depending on level used make detector more noisy. But running too high will have negative effects on the detectors ability to separate and unmask. Default settings work pretty darn good here.

Folks starting out with detector gain level 70 using 2 tone or 4 tone recommended or use 3 tone with gain around 90 — good places to start.

Look forward to hearing more feedback from you GT.

Btw, all metal detectors have quirks. At least all the ones I have used.

The 99 gain guys will be have their issues for sure. I can hit an 8-inch dime at 40 gain...disc 1....2 tone mode. So less can be more. I agree 70 default seems plenty for anything outside of 3 tone mode. Definitely prefer 90 there for the depth boost.

I have been playing with higher disc and notch settings. Well above the 0-15 range. Higher 50+ disc settings will for sure clip targets "above" the disc range. Especially at depth. So 0-15 is where it is at...using the tone break/pitch/volume as the disc source.

Mike C
Thanks for your feedback.

The one thing that I couldn't stand about the Racer 2 was the brutal, constant audio feedback. I came to terms with my mental weakness and and went running back to my Tesoros.. Since then the EQ800 has solved most of my problems in EMI and in terms of said inability to handle the noise. But I cant help but think on the moments the R2 did produce in high EMI areas where none of my Tesoros or the Deus would function with any amount of audible clarity.. not to mention the VDI on the R2 would jump and somewhat lock on to targets in the iron. I'm really wanting a Red Racer at this point.. Got a feeling it might be even better than the R2..

My pleasure. I have not heard of many people saying the Racer 1 is preferred over the 2. It is almost always the 2 is better due to the ID lumping fix. Having never used either, idk.

You can quiet the Anfibio down. Like Cal Cobra stated....just switch to 3-tone and it helps with EMI greatly. Just have to make sure 90 gain in 3-tone mode or it becomes fast audio. 4 tone...5-tone...Deep...those really allow the EMI in. If in an EMI free area...bring a shovel. It's crazy deep.

Cal_cobra
A nice feature on the Multi Kruzer is it provides a 3-TONE and 4-TONE search mode. The 4-TONE is extra sparky (I.E. noisy), I've been to a few sites and got blown out with EMI in 4-TONE mode. The 3-TONE mode if set to a gain of 89 or less, is far more stable/quite with a hyper reactivity speed, but at the cost of depth (great for working heavy iron, not great for deep turf coin hunting). I prefer to hunt in 4-TONE mode, but If I encounter EMI issues, I switch to 3-TONE mode and problem solved.

Yessir I concur. 4 tone...5 tone...and Deep. Those are all sparky as can be. 2-tone seems to filter it a step more and seems to have great depth. 3 tone filters a step further...but providing the least depth 89 gain and under. I will assume that in 3-tone mode the Kruzer will add depth at 90 gain like this Anifibio?

Kraemer
The more I hear about Dilek the more I like her. No nonsense, rare trait in a lady!

She is straight to the point for sure. A good conversationalist as well.

March 05, 2019 02:50AM
Yes the Kruzer in 3 tone gains a lot of depth at 90 gain and above. You can hear it boost up.
March 05, 2019 04:36AM
TheHunterGT Wrote:

>
Cal_cobra
> A nice feature on the Multi Kruzer is it provides a 3-TONE and 4-TONE search mode. The 4-TONE is extra sparky (I.E. noisy), I've been to a few sites and got blown out with EMI in 4-TONE mode. The 3-TO
> NE mode if set to a gain of 89 or less, is far more stable/quite with a hyper reactivity speed, but at the cost of depth (great for working heavy iron, not great for deep turf coin hunting). I prefer to hunt in 4-TONE mode, but If I encounter EMI issues, I switch to 3-TONE mode and problem solved.
>
>
> Yessir I concur. 4 tone...5 tone...and Deep. Those are all sparky as can be. 2-tone seems to filter it a step more and seems to have great depth.
> 3 tone filters a step further...but providing the least depth 89 gain and under. I will assume that in 3-tone mode the Kruzer will add depth at 90 gain like this Anifibio?

I've never bonded with 2-TONE mode on any detector, but I suppose if I felt the 4-TONE was lacking the punch it provides, I'd force myself to use it, but I like having the additional audio intelligence of 4-TONE mode. You're correct the Kruzer 3-TONE mode at 90+ gain reduces the reactivity speed and depth increases. Pretty cool feature IMO. It reminds me a bit of how the F75 had certain discrimination patterns that would add depth or loose depth at the cost of other parameters.

I suspect the DNA on the Anfibio and Kruzer lines are the same, with some small tweaks and you get some of the modes back that were dropped from the Impact to the Kruzer (which I personally never used). I would be curious how the 99 tone audio sounds on the Anfibio. I hated 99 tones on the F75, it was so artificial sounding it made my ears bleed eye popping smiley
March 05, 2019 06:59AM
I agree with the 99 tones on the F75. I have the LTD and have no use for the 99 tones at all.
March 05, 2019 07:24AM
I had no use for the 99 tone and seldom use the two tone modes on the Kruzer or the Anfibio. After having both the Anfibio and the Multi Kruzer (Racer & Racer 2 also), I wasn't able to discern any difference between the Three and Four Tones modes on the Anfib and MMK. Both are Sparky in 4 tone and much more quiet in three tone. Both have the ultra fast recovery in three tone when gain is set at 89 or lower. Both have greatly increased depth when the gain is set at 90 or above, and they are both deeper in four tone than three tone. The five tone on the Anfibio runs just like the four tone. The Anfibio added some modes back from the Impact that were left off the MMK. For me, those added modes weren't ever used so I sold the Anfibio and kept the MMK. It does everything I need it to do. It's lighter than the Impact and the Anfibio and I usually prefer an S rod design over a straight rod. I've really been impressed with the five different Nokta/Makro detector models I've had but The MMK is my favorite.
PS. For Park/School type coin hunting, I feel the Racer 2 was a huge improvement over the Red Racer, but for hunting in iron infested sites, the Red Racer can hold it's own with just about any detector out there.
March 05, 2019 06:19PM
Tom thanks for validating my belief that the Anfibio is basically a Kruzer with the Impact modes back in play. As with the Racers, I've been super impressed with the MMK and it shows in my finds. Since I switched from the F75 LTD2 as my main machine to the Makros (ok, now Noktas) my finds have gone up astronomically. I hunt most of my old sites with TomCA and he noticed immediately that my finds went way up... he used to annoy the hell out of me after each hunt, he's very competitive (I respect that) and would immediately want a conductor count after our hunts so he could compare notes. When I had my F75, it was no contest, 9 out of 10 times he would out hunt me with his Explorer2. That table turned when I started using the Red Racer, Racer 2, Impact, and Multi Kruzer eye popping smiley Now 9 out of 10 times we're either even or I exceed his conductor counts thumbs down

Tom I agree the Red Racer can hunt iron with the best of them, but the Racer2 is just more refined, not as noisy, they definitely did made some nice improvements between the two machines. I still have a Racer 2 in my arsenal, it's a fun detector to use and it works. Disclaimer - I'm not a turf hunter for the most part, 90% of my hunting is either demo sites or relic sites. For deep silver turf detecting, especially in a trashy park, I'd use my Equinox. Some people do great with the F75's and I've made my share of good finds with mine (hunted for about 9 years with it) but sometimes you just don't know what you don't know until you try something else. Use what works for you, a lot of it depends on the type of hunting you do and the dirt you have to deal with. We have pretty wild dirt in California, lots of different ground minerals that can dumb down the best of the best, and that's probably why we see so many Minelabs at work out here, they can handle the dirt that most others are handicapped by.
March 05, 2019 07:29PM
So This Detector is not for Newbs? Too much Hp?
I wonder if Ole' Daniel has used one?
Maybe it can bust through that Hot ground He has.
March 05, 2019 08:43PM
kevinnc Wrote:
> I agree with the 99 tones on the F75. I have the L
> TD and have no use for the 99 tones at all.

I have never liked it on any detector. F75...Deus...Anfibio. To each their own of course - some guys swear by it.

Cal_cobra
Tom thanks for validating my belief that the Anfibio is basically a Kruzer with the Impact modes back in play. As with the Racers, I've been super impressed with the MMK and it shows in my finds. Since I switched from the F75 LTD2 as my main machine to the Makros (ok, now Noktas) my finds have gone up astronomically. I hunt most of my old sites with TomCA and he noticed immediately that my finds went way up... he used to annoy the hell out of me after each hunt, he's very competitive (I respect that) and would immediately want a conductor count after our hunts so he could compare notes. When I had my F75, it was no contest, 9 out of 10 times he would out hunt me with his Explorer2. That table turned when I started using the Red Racer, Racer 2, Impact, and Multi Kruzer eye popping smiley Now 9 out of 10 times we're either even or I exceed his conductor counts thumbs down

Tom I agree the Red Racer can hunt iron with the best of them, but the Racer2 is just more refined, not as noisy, they definitely did made some nice improvements between the two machines. I still have a Racer 2 in my arsenal, it's a fun detector to use and it works. Disclaimer - I'm not a turf hunter for the most part, 90% of my hunting is either demo sites or relic sites. For deep silver turf detecting, especially in a trashy park, I'd use my Equinox. Some people do great with the F75's and I've made my share of good finds with mine (hunted for about 9 years with it) but sometimes you just don't know what you don't know until you try something else. Use what works for you, a lot of it depends on the type of hunting you do and the dirt you have to deal with. We have pretty wild dirt in California, lots of different ground minerals that can dumb down the best of the best, and that's probably why we see so many Minelabs at work out here, they can handle the dirt that most others are handicapped by.

Going by what you, Tom S, and others are saying, I think the Anfibio was the "merge game" product for their 2 flagships. Dilek had mentioned that it was a treacherous balancing act with the releases. On one hand, you don't want to alienate customers who just bought a product by releasing a trump card so soon. But on the other hand, they do not want to hold back tech and let it become stale. Now that they fully merged one can "assume" the releases will spread out a little more. However, I would not expect to hold something back if they stumble across its qualities.

I'm a turf hunting old park and school guy 1st...and a prospector 2nd. Relic hunting and beach hunting come 3rd and 4th for me. I certainly enjoy them and beach hunt when I visit my mom in SLO. I've also relic hunted Texas-Mexican wars sites finding bullets and buttons and arty pins. For some reason...I just prefer an old park or school. Finding some kids dropped milk money from 100 years ago just does it for me.

So that being said...I like the "all-rounders" like this Anfibio...the T2...F75. Detectors that are sensitive enough to hit a BB (or even birshot) so I can prospect. Hit a 8-9 inch dime so I can coin shoot. Separate well in iron so I can relic hunt. Balance to 0 so I can salt beach hunt.

Never meshed with the Minelabs personally...but loved the sparky First Texas machines...so this Anfibio so far has been a hoot.

Harold,ILL.
So This Detector is not for Newbs? Too much Hp?
I wonder if Ole' Daniel has used one?
Maybe it can bust through that Hot ground He has.

I was pretty surprised at the depth it gets me in 4-5-6 bar dirt on my T2/F75 scales. ID barely waivers on an 8-9 inch dime. I've heard some say the ID can be wonky but I'm not seeing that at all.

March 06, 2019 02:10AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> So This Detector is not for Newbs? Too much Hp?
> I wonder if Ole' Daniel has used one?
> Maybe it can bust through that Hot ground He has.

Yes I have used one. No, it did not do well here. None of their machines have thus far been able to.
March 06, 2019 03:24AM
Daniel has soil that Satan must have pissed on. Mine maxes out the T2/F75/Anfibio scales in some areas...but not near as bad as his seems to be.

Calabash has mana from Heaven as his soil.

I guess most folks lie somewhere in between...

March 06, 2019 12:58PM
"We built what the people wanted..

I want a powerful but also very light detector. Is it that difficult to build?