Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manta

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Manta
March 12, 2019 07:40PM
Does any one know if it is waterproof say to 10 feet deep?
March 12, 2019 07:49PM
The Russian site said 1 meter

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 12, 2019 08:37PM
Please, Please NO HEADPHONES.

I have too many as it is and it just adds to the cost of the machine.

It would be nice if it had Bluetooth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 08:40PM by Badger in NH.
March 12, 2019 09:13PM
Blue tooth is ok....... but i NEVER use it on my Nox. Im in the water to much with the box under water. Badger...... i was just talking about headphone to someone today...... i must have 10 pair lol.
March 12, 2019 09:17PM
The headphone connector is waterproof - It is an off the shelf item and not a unique design, so roll your own would be easy enough unless Fisher offered a non W/P pigtail.

Rick Kempf
March 13, 2019 04:04AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Blue tooth is ok....... but i NEVER use it on my N
> ox. Im in the water to much with the box under wa
> ter. Badger...... i was just talking about headp
> hone to someone today...... i must have 10 pair lo
> l.

Dew, I didn’t even realize that as I haven’t been in the water yet w the equinox.

So the Bluetooth phones lose signal when the box is submerged like the DEUS?

Sooo...what are you guys using for phones or rather a water proof connector?

Aaron

Aaron
March 13, 2019 09:49AM
Ive got a pair of Tony Eisenhowers, and have also MADE the connector an put them on a couple of pairs with audiosear speaks much like land headphones use. You can use a MONO jack plug and an CXT connector to may the connector for the Nox. Pretty simple project. The Patriots seems to be a good pair to purchase as well. Once that box goes under water........you have no connection between the box and phones ... it comes back when the box come out of the water.... but thats not how i hunt. Yes like the Deus. There are a lot of smart guys (im not one of um lol) that can figure out mods quickly. I had a pair of water phones.....WAYYYYYYYYYYYY before ML came out with theirs.
March 13, 2019 01:34PM
Ok thanks Dew.

I’ll start w the Minelab Bluetooths first, I’m gonna start next week, not going getting the control box under anyway as I’ll be in waders and the water will be COLD.

Aaron
March 21, 2019 07:03AM
Gentlemen, I've read through this entire thread. Forgive me if these questions were addressed on any other thread, but .... here's my questions:

a) Since this is touted to be a pulse that can disc. out iron: If the user opts to knock out iron, will he simply loose the fabled depth that pulse affords ? This is the bugaboo, for instance, on the TDI. Is that it too can be set up to ID and pass iron. HOWEVER, it does so at the cost of loosing so much of your depth, that you end up basically with no more depth than a standard machine affords. I realize this is NOT A TDI. So don't get "lost in the example". But just wondering if the same principle , that is utilized to allow iron to be knocked out, isn't inherent in this one too.

b) The supposed ability to tell highs vs lows: Is there an ascending/descending scale of TDI's ? Or is it just a 2 quadrant category of "high" vs "low" (as is the case with the TDI) Because if it's just a "high" vs "low" in singular lumped categories, then: Where is the cut-off point ? Because on the TDI, for instance, that cutoff point would lump beefy square tabs (or corroded zinc type range) into the "high" category. And as we all know: That range could be beefy bigger men's gold rings.

Hence it's sort of deceptive to say "better on gold", unless we have a bearing on what they mean by "gold". Not all gold is lower conductors . Fat heavy men's bands can read up near the screwcap range, for example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2019 07:04AM by Tom_in_CA.
March 21, 2019 07:08AM
Post-script: I realize that 2nd question might seem sort of odd. Because ..... since when do beach hunters pass high conductors on the beach ANYHOW ? Eh ? But here's why I ask: I *have* been in post beach storm conditions, where targets are SO fast and furious, that ...... yes ........ we try to pass penny, dime, and quarter signals (who needs pesky coins ?) . And if erosion conditions are such that zinc and other such light-weight targets are washed out, then ....... I've seen conditions where there's simply no zinc ! We can allow the zinc readings in (so-as not to miss a very big men's fat band), yet never dig a zinc penny !

As you can see, with conditions such as this, a full-range/scale TID machine is a BLESSING. Granted, conditions like that are rare, but .... just sayin' smiling smiley
March 21, 2019 07:34AM
Tom before you try to kill-joy the Manta, might I suggest that you read the original thread:

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

No idea why we need to have 3-4 different Manta threads, but the above noted thread has been the main thread since the beginning....
March 21, 2019 08:10AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Tom before you try to kill-joy the Manta, might I
> suggest that you read the original thread:
>
> [www.dankowskidetectors.com]
> .php?2,145750
>

Ah yes, I was being a numb-nuts this morning. Thanx for slapping me awake. Yes I recall that thread now. Hadn't read it for a long time, nor caught up on it.

It sounds like this will not replace a need for a full 100 point type TID system. I'll catch up on that thread in the coming days. LOTS OF PAGES !
March 21, 2019 08:30AM
I don’t know yet what the pin out for the phones are....but for those of us using the MDT....you do know it uses the same M8 connector? Hopefully we can just plug in. Tony Eisenhower will make the as well...I’m sure the others making phones for the Nox will gear up too. Simple connector change that we can buy...and some are solderless.
cdv
March 21, 2019 10:43AM
Dew, it uses an M8 BUT it appears to be a 3 pin compared to the MDT using a 4 pin.....they won't interchange IF I'm correct.....

and

why would any company use the same connector/pinout...….? :-)

Hope I'm wrong.....but I thought I saw 3 pins in Alexandre's picture.

Cliff
March 21, 2019 01:24PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Post-script: I realize that 2nd question might s
> eem sort of odd. Because ..... since when do bea
> ch hunters pass high conductors on the beach ANYHO
> W ? Eh ?
But here's why I ask: I *have* been i
> n post beach storm conditions, where targets are S
> O fast and furious, that ...... yes ........ we tr
> y to pass penny, dime, and quarter signals (who ne
> eds pesky coins ?) . And if erosion conditions
> are such that zinc and other such light-weight tar
> gets are washed out, then ....... I've seen condit
> ions where there's simply no zinc ! We can allow
> the zinc readings in (so-as not to miss a very big
> men's fat band), yet never dig a zinc penny !
>
> As you can see, with conditions such as this, a fu
> ll-range/scale TID machine is a BLESSING. Grante
> d, conditions like that are rare, but .... just sa
> yin' smiling smiley

I know of many beach hunters who completely ignore anything in the upper end of the response scale. They are dedicated gold hunters and wont waste precious prime low-tide time to dig pennies and cheap silver rings.
March 21, 2019 01:26PM
I don't need any iron discrimination. I'd probably never use it. I'll be happy with just two tone ID.
March 21, 2019 05:29PM
Look on page 17 of the thread Cliff....yes the connector on the right appears to be a 3 pin....but i believe thats the battery. The one on the left appears to be a 4 pin..... correct me if im wrong. However....we will wait and see how they do the pin outs. I hope you are wrong too lol. Hey...... but we know how to change um out dont we. I really like the M8s.

two tone id is iron disc so to speak..... its a processed signal as well may loose a little depth.

With the MDT i find it fairly easy to do just that ...... Ignore anything above a certain digit. I believe a penny comes in at around 13.... BUT, ive got gold rings that come in at 18.... thats my magic number. For the most part MANY of the gold rings i have come in much lower around 4 and 5.
March 21, 2019 05:57PM
silverfiend Wrote:

> I know of many beach hunters who completely ignore
> anything in the upper end of the response scale.
> They are dedicated gold hunters and wont waste pre
> cious prime low-tide time to dig pennies and cheap
> silver rings.

Yes. And I too have seen conditions so thick (so many targets to choose from), that it's like ......... "why dig coins ?" Why not up your odds at gold rings in the target count ?

One day I recall, for example , we were in a zone where you could dig targets as fast as you wanted. Every single step. A guy could easily dig 500 coins if he wanted, before the tide would chase him out. Of which 450 would be modern toasted clad. And any silver coins would be beach toast. So why bother ?

But regarding your post : It's making an assumption that there is a "gold range" . Ie.: high conductor versus low conductors. This gets very murky when we're talking fat men's bands . Like a college class ring, etc.... They can get lumped into the "high" range, of a detector like the Manta. Versus a full-TID machine (like a CTX, or explorer, etc....) where subtle difference exist between targets like a screw cap vs a zinc vs a corroded zinc, vs a fatty gold band, etc.... And while it is extremely rare, I *have* seen conditions where this distinction ability came into good function.
March 21, 2019 08:55PM
Tom, perhaps it won’t be long before more actual data is available to address the issues you raise. Right now, as far as I know, there is only one person who is in a position to address the practical aspects of hunting where large lead weights, possible large men’s rings and lord knows what makes the adjustment of the iron mask control critical as well as the ongoing choice of all metal or one of the two iron mask/iron tone modes. That person, of course, is LE.JAG - whose real name is Denis (pronounced “de-née” in French). Hopefully now that Fisher has made the decision to expose real information about the AQ to the public, he will be able to share more details of his years of use of the ever-evolving prototypes of the Manta - now Impulse AQ.

Rick Kempf
March 21, 2019 10:17PM
Ok.... if thats true .......who is TheHunterGT? Doesnt he have a machine....... sounded like he was a tester. Im just wondering ......... where are we on this machine....... it seems its just a matter of it hitting that German show? Does anyone have a date on that?
March 21, 2019 11:16PM
Dew, so many questions. The HunterGT had one of the protos for headphone testing - hence the pic with all the headphones. I had one for the same reason. He has not commented, nor will I about the headphone part of things - mostly because it’s just routine.

“We” are nowhere on this machine. Fisher has allowed a Russian distributor to see it and write about it. Alexandre is clearly now allowed to present official bit s of information. The Hunter GT and I are, as far as I know, the only ones who were part of this headphone test effort who have spoken about it. LE.JAG (Denis) is the long time tester of the prototypes.

That, and everything else which has been posted since I surfaced the whole thing here nearly 2 years ago, is everything we know.

None of us are in a position to DEMAND more. No product has been announced as for sale, nor has any date been suggested as to when that might happen.

Enjoy the ride or wait for another Uber! Lol.

Rick Kempf
March 21, 2019 11:43PM
I was commenting on the PICTURE...... vs the the M8 ..... and i was addressing the poster hoping he could clarify. So Rick are you the spokesman? Until im told otherwise ill continue asking the questions i feel are important to me...... based on the information that informed posters make. Hopefully this isnt a one sided thing or to me then its just advertising or hype. I like this machine....... but you know ill ask these same question on any NEW water machine..... i like to be and informed buyer.
March 22, 2019 12:18AM
dewcon4414
Ok.... if thats true .......who is TheHunterGT? Doesnt he have a machine....... sounded like he was a tester. Im just wondering ......... where are we on this machine....... it seems its just a matter of it hitting that German show? Does anyone have a date on that?

Rick hit the nail on the head....I tested the headphones. (I can hold my breath for nearly 2 minutes and I'm an audio guy).

Obviously, I got to play with the machine for the week I had it, and FTP did want my feedback on it, but I make zero fantasy I am in the same league as the French team as far as PI knowledge goes.

They can answer questions and release info as they see fit. The NDA for Americans is much stricter. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I can say I came away impressed...found gold with it on the first day. Obviously, that raised my eyebrows...luck or not.

It grunts on 12-inch deep nails....and sings on 12-inch deep gold rings. Like I said in the other thread...that was 6-bar gold claim dirt. I am a gold prospector before I am a beach hunter...so my desire is a prospecting version of this. (Yes I know more gold can be found at beaches...I prefer natural gold. It is what it is). So yeah...it made the gold go boing...and the iron go burp...at depth. That was a thin 10k ladies band. I will assume a nickel...large gold ring...large gold nugget...would be very clear at 15-16-17+...easily. There was room to spare for sure.

As far as the myriad of questions. I either cannot say due to the NDA...or I cannot say because I just don't know. I would be thankful FTP is even allowing a green light on any of this chatter. smileys with beer

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 12:24AM by TheHunterGT.
March 22, 2019 12:22AM
As far as headphones...power is 4 pin...phones are 3 pin.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
March 22, 2019 02:16AM
Hey Dew - I’m not criticizing you, and I do not speak for Fisher or FT. I am a fan of that company and enjoy when they do something interesting,

Up until last week or so there was pretty much just little old me blowing my Manta horn for more than 18 months, posting videos I found on the web, sharing my speculations and tentative conclusions. THGT said a tiny bit about his having seen one - I did the same.

Then the show in Munich and Fisher let the pre-production unit be examined by at least this Russian distributor. Based on what was revealed on his website and posted here by others, I added a few bits based on my VERY limited experience of it. Now Alexandre has clearly been given the OK to share more.

Your questions are valid and relevant. They do tend to come across as a challenge however - as if we have any right to demand more information than Fisher is ready to reveal.

We aren’t stakeholders in this enterprise, we are however important a prospective customers. As long as we are treated with respect, then I think we should just enjoy the progress of Fisher’s sharing information with us about what is - after all - still a development program.

Rick Kempf
March 22, 2019 09:45AM
Sorry Rick...... i had a moment.......but this machine seems like its going to get deep in my pocket. I realize even if its just a deep PI i could use it. I mean who wouldnt want a PI as deep as one of Eric Fosters machines? However i see potential for this one to replace most of my machines..... hopefully. Ha but then i said the same thing about the Nox..... good machine but missed the mark a little for me.
March 22, 2019 12:50PM
It's like you can't even ask questions around here without getting a harsh response.

"None of us are in a position to DEMAND more"

Why not? We are the consumers. It is our right to question a product before making a decision on whether to purchase or not. I understand that some on here may feel obligated to defend their brand of choice, but don't take normal, routine questions as an attack.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
March 22, 2019 01:24PM
Thanks HunterGT!
You answered questions I had wondered about.

Dean
March 22, 2019 01:46PM
Yes thanks huntergt. Appreciate the headphone info....went back and looked what I was looking at was the machine was upside down ....duh. Man I cut off more connectors now days. But 3 pins makes more sense for headphones. I’m waiting on the Russian u-tube with photos of the inside....they seem to be very good at obtaining info and photography lol.
March 22, 2019 01:48PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Yes thanks huntergt. Appreciate the headphone in
> fo....went back and looked what I was looking at w
> as the machine was upside down ....duh. Man I cu
> t off more connectors now days. But 3 pins makes
> more sense for headphones. I’m waiting on the Rus
> sian u-tube with photos of the inside....they seem
> to be very good at obtaining info and photography
> lol.

Whats the deal with the ruskies? When all the western equinox testers still had their hands tied by non disclosure agreements, they were posting pics and videos and info.