Manta
March 11, 2019 07:00AM
I think this was the month many of us was hoping to read more on the Mantas progress or that it might be introduced for sale. Not a peep for months now from JAG or Fisher. Hopefully it didn’t get shelved....or maybe they wanted to see what the TDI could do? Some I know had tax checks burning a hole in their pockets and went with the TDI. How about an update on its progress......
Re: Manta
March 11, 2019 11:35AM
Hopefully it won't be too cost prohibitive for a lot of us to buy. That would be disappointing.

I'm pretty happy with the Tarsacci for the moment. I just wish some sand would move. It has been a poor winter for storms. Hopefully we'll get a few offshore hurricanes this year to make up for it.
March 11, 2019 11:46AM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully it won't be too cost prohibitive for a l
> ot of us to buy. That would be disappointing.
>
> I'm pretty happy with the Tarsacci for the moment.
> I just wish some sand would move. It has been a po
> or winter for storms. Hopefully we'll get a few of
> fshore hurricanes this year to make up for it.

I second that. Man, it’s been bad. Headed north at the end of the week get some relic hunting in, I don’t think I’ll miss a thing on the beach.
March 11, 2019 12:53PM
Hi,

I tested one of the last AQ last week
before it's shown (only to sales professionals)
on a show in Germany

we have to shoot some videos of the final product
next week

I would try to get permission to show something ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
March 11, 2019 02:02PM
LE.JAG Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tested one of the last AQ last week
> before it's shown (only to sales professionals)
> on a show in Germany
>
> we have to shoot some videos of the final product
> next week
>
> I would try to get permission to show something .

That is good news Denis.. Hopefully they will give you permission.

Thanks for and update.

El
> ..
March 11, 2019 03:37PM
LE.JAG Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tested one of the last AQ last week
> before it's shown (only to sales professionals)
> on a show in Germany
>
> we have to shoot some videos of the final product
> next week
>
> I would try to get permission to show something ..
> ..

That’s great news, glad to hear it!

Aaron
cdv
March 11, 2019 06:01PM
Although I'll probably get one when they come out, I'm not sure I want to dig much deeper than I am with the Tarsacci in the water....
Glad it is getting close to coming out.

Cliff
March 11, 2019 06:31PM
cdv Wrote:
> Although I'll probably get one when they come out,
> I'm not sure I want to dig much deeper than I am w
> ith the Tarsacci in the water....
> Glad it is getting close to coming out.
>
> Cliff

If it’s au, don’t care, I’ll get the 920 iX Stealth Scoop, and dig to China!

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 06:33PM by Aaron.
March 11, 2019 07:17PM
It’s not just the max depth on big targets, it’s increased depth on tough smaller targets. Add to that the ability to pretty much see through black sand and it’s a killer combination for wherever the sand is not pure silica.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 11, 2019 08:29PM
And why not on pure silcia Rick. What did that mean.... nothing to gain? Thanks jAG for a little info. Thou it’s sounding like still months off. Look forward to a video. Were there noticeably improvements in design or performance Ive the first one you had?? So is the machine going to be introduced FIRST in EU?

Aaron ...hunted with Cliff today .....seems like everything but iron was out of reach. Now the AQ might be a solution for these kind of dayssssss.....depth on small gold just out of reach...but shallower thanmost know.
March 11, 2019 09:52PM
Increased sensitivity is good everywhere - when you combine it with the PI’s ability to ignore black sand, you have a killer combination. Add som iron ID and you have a unique package.

Rick Kempf
March 11, 2019 10:00PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> And why not on pure silcia Rick. What did that m
> ean.... nothing to gain? Thanks jAG for a little
> info. Thou it’s sounding like still months off.
> Look forward to a video. Were there noticeably im
> provements in design or performance Ive the first
> one you had?? So is the machine going to be intro
> duced FIRST in EU?
>
> Aaron ...hunted with Cliff today .....seems like e
> verything but iron was out of reach. Now the AQ
> might be a solution for these kind of dayssssss...
> ..depth on small gold just out of reach...but shal
> lower thanmost know.

Dew, my thoughts regarding the MANTA coming from a inland lake hunter, that I haven’t heard anyone else discuss, is when gold sinks up here in the lakes, it’s gone forever unless they dredge the lake or drain it ect. There’s no low tides or big storms to take the sand off the shore, especially in the small inland lakes. And some of these lakes have had activity in them for around over 100yrs. So a lot of that au that was lost years ago is still there, just..out...of...reach. And there’s also a lot of iron in these lakes too. I GUARANTEE if the MANTA works as good as they say I’m going to be posting some picks of some really OLD class rings!

IDK care what it costs, I’ll be the first one in Michigan to have one ; )

Aaron

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 10:07PM by Aaron.
March 11, 2019 10:12PM
I am pretty sure that no dunkable detector will find targets deeper than the Manta. Whether I am right or not will have to wait till production machines are in the hands of early buyers.

Will it spark a “gold rush” or only prove to be another useful tool? We will have to wait and see.

Go back to some of LeJag’s posts and the piles of loot he has found with the prototypes - maybe a clue there.

Rick Kempf
March 11, 2019 10:25PM
Again, I strongly feel that the inland water hunters will benefit more,,,IF it works as good as we’ve been led to believe.

We should be seeing some really OLD au (1890s) coming to light....

Aaron
March 11, 2019 10:27PM
Ease of use and ability to ID a target is important. If it’s the deepest....won’t impress me if I have to dig every target. At that point it’s benefits to me would be more toward the smaller shallower targets that are just beyond the current detectors. Finds are not necessarily the product of a machine.....location location location. It may not matter how deep it is if the targets aren’t there either.

Aaron.... targets sink to their equal weight and maybe restricted by various objects or conditions. So there maybe more their than you think.
March 11, 2019 10:44PM
Dew,
Agreed.

In the meantime, we’ll see what the EQUINOX can do, I’ll be putting on the waders hopefully next week, ((hopefully)).....

Aaron
March 11, 2019 10:47PM
Good luck Aaron....we all like to see gold. Drop us some pics.
March 11, 2019 11:04PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> And why not on pure silcia Rick. What did that m
> ean.... nothing to gain? Thanks jAG for a little
> info. Thou it’s sounding like still months off.
> Look forward to a video. Were there noticeably im
> provements in design or performance Ive the first
> one you had?? So is the machine going to be intro
> duced FIRST in EU?
>

even in white sand (pure silica)
he will make a difference = on the gold

we still do not have the green light for the videos
it's El Paso who decides
and their marketing strategy is sometimes strange ...

the production being in El Paso you will be first served
the presentation in Germany (to professionals)
was probably to see the reactions and decide the EU price
(I suppose...)

the latest changes, are a little less noise in reject mode
and especially a new resin for the coil
very light
the weight of the 12.5 inches which is full
will surprise many people

it's moving forward, not fast enough when we wait for it
but I can not do anything about it ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
March 11, 2019 11:05PM
For sure Dew, thanks!

LEJAG...12.5 stock coil? NIIIIICE! Let’s go, BRING IT, while we’re young...(well somewhat).

Speaking of pictures, I’ve never posted any here. I know there was a thread showing how.

Appreciate it somebody could help me locate it...

Thanks

Aaron

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 11:16PM by Aaron.
March 11, 2019 11:31PM
Some good honest comments ther JAG. My first thoughts was the dirt machine was being showed. Curious what the lower shaft size is? That a lot of coil to push in the water with to think of a shaft. Hopefully it won’t be like the CTX with the fins on the coil and the huge shaft.....like dragging a dead horse in the water. I heard it was heavy.... is it balanced? Think it will drag on till Summer?
March 11, 2019 11:59PM
What's all this gold talk? Palladium is the hot ticket right now. Selling a band tomorrow that I found six years ago. Never gave it much thought until I recently saw the prices.
March 12, 2019 04:33AM
LE.JAG Wrote:

> it's El Paso who decides and their marketing strategy is sometimes strange ...

Does FTP actually have a marketing strategy?

> the production being in El Paso you will be first served the presentation in Germany (to professionals) was probably to see the reactions and decide the EU price (I suppose...)

Any insight into the price in EU?
March 12, 2019 09:42AM
I say let them..... eat cake lol.....put it in our hands first......they could get more from EU. It also sounds like they arent concerned about the American market because they know we will buy. But if they can set the price high in EU and get it then they can charge more here....... if it flops there, they still have us at a more reasonable price. Im waiting to see the price....... but more interested to see how i can use it..... or if i can use it.
March 12, 2019 04:11PM
Dew - your supposes about FT’s lack of appreciation of the US market are not correct.

There are 2 huge outdoor expos in the world - SHOT in Las Vegas and IWA in Munich. Unfortunately, the AQ wasn’t ready to be shown at SHOT this year. IWA was the first time to “out” it and I believe it was only shown to their dealers and distributors - not to the general public - one of those who it was showed to - Ivan - posted the stuff on his webpage.

About the coil drag, here’s a better pic of the coil connection. Nothing there looks to have more total hydrodynamic drag that the usual big coil ears and rod end boss. The carboard is just a packing piece.

As to how to post a picture. - I’ll put up how I do it in another post.

Rick Kempf
March 12, 2019 04:45PM
Thanks for that photo Rick. Man they really say a lot about the looks and capibilty. I was afraid we were going to see the OLD style BOX..... nothing as sweet as this. Thanks also for the info as to WHY it ended up in Germany. Sometimes we ASS-U-ME before we have the facts lol. NOW........ give us a manual and that should hold off our complaining for another couple of months lol.
March 12, 2019 04:52PM
Two threads - so I’ll post this pic of the control box here as well...This is my pic - as is the coil pic. The other control box pic is from the Russian website - their copyright.

Rick Kempf
March 12, 2019 05:09PM
Looks really cool, I like it

Aaron
March 12, 2019 06:36PM
That picture caused my pulse to race! Then I wondered how long after it is released will it take for headphones to be available and will they make an entry level model. Oh wait, its Fisher- we're good. Seriously, that looks awesome! Now I need to figure how many old detectors I need to sell to pay for it...

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 06:37PM by Pasttom.
March 12, 2019 06:55PM
I am certain that it will have both waterproof or non waterproof headsets available upon release.

Rick Kempf
March 12, 2019 07:16PM
Didnt one of the pictures show headphones? Why make two kinds..... make um waterproof and call it a day. Just make um GOOD headphones.... PLEASE. Seems every machine i buy .... i do a couple of things...... put up the shaft that comes with it.... and make or buy new headphones lol. So ..... does this open the door for after market coils? If so .... would they do a coil WITH their own standard shaft as one piece?

As far as those detector sales........ best get started on that because between it and the Nox.... used water machines maybe a give away sale. Nox, MDT and this Fisher ...... maybe a good combo. But i have to say ...... i havnt put the MDT down yet..... and with the fisher i may not need the Nox either. Man...... yard sale...... 2 Xcals, CTX w 2 coils, and Nox....