Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab will be Title Sponsor at Detectival 2019

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Minelab will be Title Sponsor at Detectival 2019
March 15, 2019 05:15PM
I believe that Minelab will capitalize on the Multi IQ and will be releasing more new machines with this in mind. Perhaps a Multi IQ dedicated nugget machine, dedicated Multi IQ coin/jewelry machine, etc. There is a huge market for dedicated gold machines worldwide right now they won't ignore that.
March 15, 2019 06:28PM
Maybe they will just stick a CTX in a Equinox set up make screen a Little wider for the 2d.

No need for the underarm battery setup at this point.

Of course a updated BBS would be nice and most welcome.Stick it in a Equinox setup and take care of the land hunter and the beach hunter.

They havent dropped the Excalibur for a reason..IT WORKS.maybe a update is due.one of the most simple to use high tech performers ever built.(SOV/EXCALIBUR)

As far as a Detectival here in the states..well there's a few GPAA trade shows every year and some bigger 7 day rallies in the middle of the country like Southern Indiana Treasure festival..

The U.S. is quite expansive Compared to say England.And is unique in that it has alot of Ancient open farmland to detect on as well at the rallies.Most of the rallies here will be seeded.

years ago there were tons of hunts going on throughout the states even some competition hunts ((see who can find the most in a squared off area in shortest tim))But still were planted sites.

The U.K. has the perfect amalgamation and that is small county, 2k year metal history and most everyone is in a club over there just to have access to sites.No research needed just join the club and they have the sites for you.a True hobby experience.Like it was here 30+ year's ago.

Back in the 70s and 80s here we had a ton of clubs and alot of relic clubs.They secured the property and you showed up and dug relics all day all for your ten dollar a year membership fee.Man you ought to of seen how many HOBBYIST there was at the digs and the stuff found ..Now the clubs around here do planted hunts at the park..and spend all year trying to get ready for a Relic show getting dealers to come and sell artifacts.and the clubs have very few people.

Most people who relic hunt nowadays are just not hobbyist but more of amateur historians and preservers of the past here in the States..its not a hobby because from the hobbyist day's till now it cant be supported in terms of relics or even coins..Relic hunting here in the states started quietly in the 50s with mine machines and started moving forward with companies springing up everywhere overnight to build units and by the late seventies relic hunting was like fishing and deer hunting etc.. I mean everyone detected who enjoyed the outdoors.We were in a major battle zone in my locale and the relics present supported the HOBBYIST.the heyday of club hunts was the late 70s though the 80s..then by the 90s there was a shift and now its more of a niche to a individual hunter with alot of patience and burning desire to prove history one artifact scattered at a time.Theres still pockets of relics here and there in quantity but not enough to support a hobbyist crowd for long.

The clad hunter and the jewelry hunter is the aim of the U.S manufacturers as its a replenish-able commodity.The machines prove that.The machines for a relic hunter to get whats left have become specialized for there properties..and one being ability to sift through iron to get what a coin machine has left in there.

We saw a surge in detecting as a hobby with the advent of T.V shows and detector sales jumped from seeing the finds and history/coins found.Now we are seeing a downshift as those that came in for the hobby aspect are selling off machines and driving prices of units down on the used market.Hobbyist wont do a hobby for long if they are not finding goodies

Lot's of youtube channels on detecting has also called a stir.

Forums have created alot of good info for the new comers to get up to speed quickly in a world were finds are depleted. where as if they bought a unit and tried it for awhile they would give up discouraged but the forums has allowed decades and decades of what works and what dont work and where to go to make finds etc to give a new guy a chance.Forums replaced the clubs in alot of way in that aspect..what will replace the forums??I've seen a shift in forums in last couple of years.

New advanced tech will cause a surge again, the type tech that revitalizes sites to like new.Till then I'm enjoying my field time with what I have.I have seen tech accommodate the relic hunter of modern day as well as it can with vlf tech..I feel we are here till new tech arrives. ((discriminating pulse can be a game changer in mineral)) newer vlf have taken VLF coin machines and made them be able to relic hunt in depleated sites though partial unmasking(( by less filters adjustable tone breaks higher freq's tighter coils etc)) over a regular VLF coin machine setup.We have the tools available right now enjoy them!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 15, 2019 09:38PM
Well I think the Xcal is around because...yes it works...but it’s the only dive machine they have. It ain’t cheap and it’s warrant isn’t good and it’s in continuous need of repair. BUT ...In the water she hates iron and is just easy to use. I believe the Nox was MLS answer to what most water hunters asked for....a good wader that might get son targets other machines missed. But... that salt kills the depth it get out of the water.....and the sensitivity expected. They need to jump on board with salt balance adjustments.
March 16, 2019 02:09PM
Perhaps, ML will introduce a waterproof discriminating PI to compete with the "Impulse/Manta"?
It sounds as if Fisher is going to release separate "purpose" driven machines...beach, land, etc. It would be nice to have one machine that is capable of doing it all. Something like a discriminating, waterproof GPX 5000 with specific timings for your desired purpose.

ML has been the king of PI for many years. So, it would stand to reason, that if any company is going to introduce a discriminating PI unit it would be them. Or, since PI tech has disc challenges, they do it with their GPZ tech?

Hopefully, more than just a fancy pin pointer! You wouldn't think that they would pony up to be the headliner at Detectival and just introduce a pin pointer!?

Dean
March 17, 2019 03:07PM
Here is my new OMG Promotion. Celtic Beat Down. Wrestling Event featuring all those Youtube attention seekers. In this corner the Detect Guy, Nugget whats his name, the girl with the multi color hair and of course The Chig. He sounds like Mr. Rodgers now. Do you see that . Look closely. Jesus Christ . Now that man Jesus has enough problems George. Please forgive me. In the other corner how about Detect Danny, Chilly Billy, Detector Dawn and of course no event would be complete without Bucktooth Billy B.S. Special guest referee Dr. Tones. Be there or be square.drinking smiley
March 17, 2019 04:46PM
texkinzee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is my new OMG Promotion. Celtic Beat Down. Wr
> estling Event featuring all those Youtube attentio
> n seekers. In this corner the Detect Guy, Nugget w
> hats his name, the girl with the multi color hair
> and of course The Chig. He sounds like Mr. Rodgers
> now. Do you see that . Look closely. Jesus Christ
> . Now that man Jesus has enough problems George. P
> lease forgive me. In the other corner how about De
> tect Danny, Chilly Billy, Detector Dawn and of cou
> rse no event would be complete without Bucktooth B
> illy B.S. Special guest referee Dr. Tones. Be ther
> e or be square.drinking smiley

LMAO!!! hot smiley
March 18, 2019 12:20AM
love the jumpin' turd! ..wild!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 18, 2019 12:32AM
texkinzee Wrote:
> Here is my new OMG Promotion. Celtic Beat Down. Wr
> estling Event featuring all those Youtube attentio
> n seekers. In this corner the Detect Guy, Nugget w
> hats his name, the girl with the multi color hair
> and of course The Chig. He sounds like Mr. Rodgers
> now. Do you see that . Look closely. Jesus Christ
> . Now that man Jesus has enough problems George. P
> lease forgive me. In the other corner how about De
> tect Danny, Chilly Billy, Detector Dawn and of cou
> rse no event would be complete without Bucktooth B
> illy B.S. Special guest referee Dr. Tones. Be ther
> e or be square.drinking smiley

knew a guy like that eons ago! we called him "barber bob"
never failed to find barbers every time out! he enjoyed 'blowin' people with '@#$%& storms!" maybe barber bob,and bucktooth billy (b.s.) knew each other!..who knows!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 07, 2019 05:20PM
At the spring Detectival 2019 that was this weekend a massive hoard has been found,current finds are 12 gold nobles and around a 1000 silver hammered coins and they are still coming up,and found initially by a Deus and not a Minelab.

Will be interesting too see what the final count is,they will probably be still digging it over the coming days or possible all week,although the rally is just finishing they of course cannot leave that specific area unguarded for obvious reason,but its been exciting watching them dig on live video links on FB.
April 07, 2019 09:19PM
I am hoping for a new light CTX.
April 07, 2019 09:21PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
> At the spring Detectival 2019 that was this weeken
> d a massive hoard has been found,current finds are
> 12 gold nobles and around a 1000 silver hammered c
> oins and they are still coming up,and found initia
> lly by a Deus and not a Minelab.
>
> Will be interesting too see what the final count i
> s,they will probably be still digging it over the
> coming days or possible all week,although the rall
> y is just finishing they of course cannot leave th
> at specific area unguarded for obvious reason,but
> its been exciting watching them dig on live video
> links on FB.

Hello there.. with all due respect, let's get the story across correctly to the members. There were 4 main finders - 2 of them were swinging Nokta Makro Kruzers, 1 Deus and and 1 Equinox. My team was there on site as well. The Searcher Magazine reported live from site and I just had a talk with the editor of the magazine and confirmed this info. What really matters is that a great discovery has been made regardless of which machines were involved. Thank you!
April 07, 2019 10:38PM
THANKS Ms DILEK---would have been a miserable week had the initial misreport stood.
April 08, 2019 04:59AM
Nice to see Dilek put this incredible find in context thumbs down

Anywhere online we can read about this amazing discovery?

I really need to think about getting to Detectival one of these years eye popping smiley
April 08, 2019 09:22AM
Free Bangers and Mash if you visit their Tent.
April 08, 2019 10:09AM
lets hope they make a few finds this year as finds have been sparse lately
April 08, 2019 10:11AM
XP are planing to upstage them with a new secret machine and delivered by sky divers smileys with beer and steal their thunder
April 08, 2019 04:18PM
...should know a bit more soon about "What's New?" as the spring/summer dealer seminar gets underway shortly?
April 08, 2019 05:47PM
Des.....ugh I’m getting machines faster than I can get rid of others ....is that a good thing?
April 09, 2019 01:46AM
Minelab has their world wide conference in a couple weeks. Just sayin'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 01:47AM by detectingMO.
April 09, 2019 01:46PM
I am pretty happy with the nox. I don't think a new upgraded version would sell me unless it got smaller gold, was deeper, and/or got rid of the tones in favor for the sounds of the excal (I hate tones of the nox/ctx). I could care less about more features. In fact, if the excal was lighter and didn't break it would be my go to machine right now. I think the Excal has been my favorite machine followed by the CZ21. Never cared much for my CTX.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
April 09, 2019 02:27PM
The VDI numbers bouncing deserve an update tweak.
April 10, 2019 11:33AM
IF....ML gets into the waterproof PI game..... i foresee the Xcal going away. With the Nox and a good PI with disc..... they would have it pretty well wrapped up beach wise. The Nox could use some tweaks for the small gold in the wet sand..... and definitely in the water. Seems thou everyone is after DEPTH and the BIG gold thou when beach hunting.... which is fine with me .... just leave me that small gold. I need a bit more sensitivity in the wet sand to get small gold..... but the down side is ... chatter in the salt water. One of the reasons we have two beach modes. Goody....... any single digit machine is pretty bouncy as targets get deeper......as depth improves.... we are still going to have bouncy digits i believe. Just a LOT more material under the coil to process and ID. I have noticed one thing thou with the Nox...... MORE gold is being found by DIRT hunters.
April 10, 2019 12:43PM
goodmore Wrote:
> The VDI numbers bouncing deserve an update tweak.

That's the update i believe. I refuse to update until they fix it. The solid TID is the Nox's strongest feature.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
April 10, 2019 12:44PM
goodmore Wrote:
> The VDI numbers bouncing deserve an update tweak.

NO! Thats not a design failure. "curing" it would ruin the functionality of the machine. You want a perfectly stable VDI reading, go get one of those crappy old digital Garretts. "stable" VDI means the detector is averaging out targets and and giving super slow TID updates. The Nox is a super fast recovering detector, that means your going to get TID changes from the bits of trash that are around the target.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
April 10, 2019 01:18PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Minelab has their world wide conference in a coupl
> e weeks. Just sayin'.

I would think that ML would launch some sort of add campaign to coincide with the conference. Perhaps, we'll get a glimpse of what they are planning soon.

Dean
April 10, 2019 03:03PM
At this point.....just looking at some of the tweaks that could improve the Sensitivity, stability,and depth word be worth ML SELLING us an update as opposed to a whole new machine. It’s something perhaps ML hasn’t considered. If the hardwares good why change it?
April 10, 2019 04:05PM
silverfiend Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The VDI numbers bouncing deserve an update tweak
> .
>
>
> NO! Thats not a design failure. "curing" it woul
> d ruin the functionality of the machine. You want
> a perfectly stable VDI reading, go get one of thos
> e crappy old digital Garretts. "stable" VDI means
> the detector is averaging out targets and and givi
> ng super slow TID updates. The Nox is a super fas
> t recovering detector, that means your going to ge
> t TID changes from the bits of trash that are arou
> nd the target.

That may be the case on some machines, but not the case on ML products. Both the CTX and Etrac had very stable TIDs

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
April 10, 2019 05:22PM
Just release a simple BBS unit in the waterproof NOX housing. Incorporate the old 180 meter where the screen is.
April 10, 2019 06:24PM
silverfiend Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The VDI numbers bouncing deserve an update tweak
>
> NO! Thats not a design failure. "curing" it would ruin the functionality of the machine. You want a perfectly stable VDI reading, go get one of those crappy old digital Garretts. "stable" VDI means the detector is averaging out targets and and giving super slow TID updates. The Nox is a super fast recovering detector, that means your going to get TID changes from the bits of trash that are around the target.

Well said and I completely agree. Learn how to use your machine, what it's telling you, and you'll find plenty.
April 10, 2019 06:36PM
Goody.....grab a Sov....hip mount it...and add that meter...there ya are. What made BBS so good? No meter/digits.....adds meter like the Nox who knows...bouncy screen?