Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher's soon to be released machine... Interesting!!!

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Fisher's soon to be released machine... Interesting!!!
March 20, 2019 12:48PM
The attraction of this detector is the ability to discriminate iron. Yeah a no brainer. For an extra grand over other PI detectors like the beach TDI it has to discriminate iron as advertised. Ok we have discrimination. At what depth does that become an issue? I know logically there is a cut off for accuracy. If I am digging some moderately deep holes and still coming up with bolts then the purpose of this detector in my arsenal is negated. The question and it is probably location oriented is ......where is the cut off? Not slamming First Texas at all or anyone posting about the detector. I want a PI for depth like everyone else. They will soon have one for sale a grand more than others available. Will this detector keep me from digging deep unessesary holes?
March 20, 2019 01:04PM
That is an excellent question. We are buying the Impulse for extreme depth and the ability to ID iron, but if it can't identify DEEP iron, what's the point of buying it?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 01:08PM by Badger in NH.
March 20, 2019 01:16PM
This was posted here on this forum a while back. June 2017
Here’s thread where posted.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
For those of you with bad eyesight. The word seriously below was put in italics by poster.

Geotech Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, we've hired Alexandre. Yes, we are working on
> PI. I was personally working on PI before hiring A
> lexandre, but now we are seriously working
> on PI. smiling smiley Sorry, cain't say much more about that,
> and cain't offer up any ETA's, mostly cause I don'
> t know myself.

We will know what this detector can do in due time. May have to wait for actual purchasers to tell and or show us via video.
Just because no one from First Texas tells us about iron ID ability of detector model doesn’t mean anything really. Maybe they want the detector to sell itself via by users reporting performance. I don’t think they First Texas wants to be seen or perceived as bragging.
No one here has to buy one.
It is up to the individual.
So be patient. More and more info with time will surface and we can see and make our own decisions.
Who knows depending on what this detector can do in the salt water/ sand environment it maybe a bargain as priced compared to other waterproof PI detectors.

Let’s face it.
Any manufacturer should know by now, the wool can’t be pulled on our eyes these days. Video and metal detecting forums WILL expose and expose FAST a subpar unit performance for cost incurred.
And quite the reverse can happen too. A great performing unit will be exposed in short order.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 01:37PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 20, 2019 01:33PM
It's a Relic hunters machine as for coin hunters in parks it's not of use. Good for People like Keith Southern and maybe Ole' Daniel as they can dig to China at their type sites.
March 20, 2019 01:53PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> It's a Relic hunters machine as for coin hunters i
> n parks it's not of use. Good for People like Keit
> h Southern and maybe Ole' Daniel as they can dig t
> o China at their type sites.

Be hard for anyone digging in USA to dig to China.
[www.mnn.com]
March 20, 2019 01:57PM
Ole' TNSS!
March 20, 2019 02:01PM
You know some folks here seems are really interested in how Impulse AQ recognizes iron at depth.
I am also interested is this detector’s ability to separate iron from nonferrous.
We usually don’t see separation talked about much as far as pulse induction detectors go. We have seen the TDI pi unit talked about some here in this regard. But seems come with quite the depth loss. Could Impulse AQ do better here ???
We’ll see hopefully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 02:05PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 20, 2019 02:15PM
What sweep speed works the best with this detector. Slow, Medium, Fast?
March 20, 2019 02:28PM
possum mo Wrote:
> What sweep speed works the best with this detector
> . Slow, Medium, Fast?

This is getting bonkers. eye rolling smiley

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]
March 20, 2019 04:50PM
This is the point of a new machine release when everyone becomes MIT PHDs in electronic engineering!!!!
March 20, 2019 11:56PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's a Relic hunters machine as for coin hunters
> i
> > n parks it's not of use. Good for People like Ke
> it
> > h Southern and maybe Ole' Daniel as they can dig
> t
> > o China at their type sites.
>
>
> Be hard for anyone digging in USA to dig to China.
> [www.mnn.com]
> map-shows-where-you-would-end-if-you-dug-hole-othe
> r-side-world

Sorry,but the article ASSUMES one from the USA would be digging a hole that would pass through the CENTER of the earth,However, if one in the USA were to dig between the 30th and 45th parallel and follow the plane of said parallel then one could have Peking Duck for dinner.
March 21, 2019 03:37PM
TabZilla Wrote:
> This is the point of a new machine release when everyone becomes MIT PHDs in electronic engineering!!!!

OK, that was funny.....
March 22, 2019 03:00AM
Hey Possum, looks like you had a reasonable question about sweep speed and Ol Grumpy Toad blew you off with an eye roll.
Here is a video showing sweep speed while testing. Enjoy. [www.youtube.com]
March 22, 2019 11:01AM
Wouldnt most machines running in AM...... do the same thing? Thats why i hunt in AM (reverse disc) with an Xcal and the MDT..... almost no recovery time on the sweep over a targets. With filtering and recovery now days....... you can sweep pretty fast across multiple targets. Isnt depth more of a factor now days with the wrong sweep speed? The amount of material being processed and just plain filtering weak signals. Meaning we are picking up more of the shallower targets the faster we sweep.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 11:05AM by dewcon4414.
March 22, 2019 11:43AM
TabZilla Wrote:
> This is the point of a new machine release when ev
> eryone becomes MIT PHDs in electronic engineering!
> !!!

No....when it comes to detectors I just want them to perform for my money. With the cost of 1500.00 over what I can buy a Beach TDI for I just had one question. Yeah I was told you can get the Beach TDI for a grand if you shop around.

Depth is the point of a PI. Discrimination is the point of this detector. I just put the the two together in a question. I really hope the MIT folks can do more than that.

With the understanding that this detector is going to miss the Mid Atlantic Beach hunting season I am contemplating my next purchase. Just trying to get as much info as possible. Hey that is why I come to the forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 11:49AM by goodmore.
March 22, 2019 12:15PM
Most of us here in Fl realistically are recent drop ring hunting covering a lot of beach fast. PIs can be time consuming....... we leave a lot with our VLFs ....and that extra depth adds even more targets to dig. This machine ..... for me with its 7uS .. depth... and disc ALLEGES the best of both worlds ...... during the time i need it when there just arent any people in the water. So you have to work slower in the water ..... and with a ton more walkers... the wet sand for small targets lost or drug off the beach with larger tide swings. IF depth in your thing....... then the TDI with that boosted power might be a good choice too. But im to old to find just another deep PI to be my thing.
March 22, 2019 12:30PM
Ole' Daniel needs to get one and try it out on that Hot ground at His bullet field before they cover it up with New houses.
March 22, 2019 12:38PM
I dont understand why all questions are being looked at as bad questions.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
March 22, 2019 01:08PM
Goodmore brings up a very good point. Depth without accurate disc at depth is, well, a....GPX or GPZ. We've already got that.

Hopefully, we will see some video of it's depth/disc capabilities.

Dean
March 22, 2019 02:00PM
I will probably buy one of the Impulse series machines, IF not one of the land machines AND this gold version. That's the biggest thing I have gleamed from Alexandre's posts about the machine/machines..."Impulse Series" meaning more are coming. Exciting for sure. I am curious as to what they will do differently between them though. On the Whites TDI, there were 2 big settings that worked hand in hand with the performance of the machine....they were ground balance and pulse delay. If you changed the pulse delay, it also changed the GB point of the machine. That is if you were running it with GB enabled. If you ran it with GB off, then you got more overall depth but you also couldn't use it in more mineralized ground. At the beaches I used the TDI at in Alabama and Florida along the gulf coast...I could easily get away with running it GB off but back home, and in places like Virginia and Georgia, I had to use it with GB enabled or the machine would simply sound off on the ground itself.

Looking closely at the settings of the Impulse...I see everything but a ground balance control. I don't know if one of the knobs acts as a dual control or not though; I'm just looking at pictures and what the knobs are labeled. I'm wondering if that would be the difference between the AQ version and the land version...having a manual GB control. If the Impulse is similar to the Whites TDI pulse delay settings and response to metal...then it looks like the AQ version has enough pulse delay range to cover at least relic hunting. On the TDI, I always kept it at 10 pulse delay. Looks like the AQ goes as low as 7 and as high as 11.5 or 12. The TDI went from 10 to 25. The field guides for it suggested trying higher pulse delay numbers for hunting high conductor coins...say 17 to 25, which reduced overall sensitivity to smaller objects and low conductors. 10 was perfect for me relic hunting, as I found it gave good sensitivity to brass like buttons and such, and decent for bullets and plates. I experimented quite a bit with the pulse delay settings and always ended up back at 10 for relic hunting. The catch there is....if that on the TDI, there was a significant change in GB when adjusting the pulse delay setting....going from 10 to 17 pulse delay required a big move to the GB knob. I would think the Impulse AQ would need to have some form of GB in order to cover the 7 to 11.5 adjustment range. But this could work totally different. I'm just kinda rambling on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 04:59PM by Daniel Tn.
March 22, 2019 03:12PM
Yeah it might be a little early to be asking certain questions. Questions that right now can't be answered for a variety of reasons. Some don't know. We were told that. Some are not allowed to say. We were told that too. But asking questions is why I am here. If at any time you don't like my questions feel free to ignore them. But to stick your nose in the air or act superior with knowledge or your stack of cash will only get you a GFY from me. Yeah it doesn't get any more straight forward than that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 03:19PM by goodmore.
March 22, 2019 08:01PM
Go Goody!
March 22, 2019 08:18PM
Stacks of cash?? Boy if I could only hit that darn powerball. Goody I’ll buy you 7 Impulse AQ units if that happens. Seriously. So you can use a different t one every day of the week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 08:19PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 22, 2019 09:43PM
This machine will continue to stir up emotions. Hopefully it will become clearer as folks who use it relate their experiences. the one good thing is this device has a “terrible simplicity”.

No “modes” where the user pushes a button an lots of controls internal to the device are altered in ways that are never explained to the users. The history of this stuff goes back a ways and most manufacturers have used this kind of approach ever since software began to become more important than hardware in detector performance.

The AQ has a few knobs. They are clearly marked. In some cases, an adjustment of one control will effectively alter the performance of the machine in a way that the adjustment of another control should be made to keep performance at an optimum level.

Every one of these controls however affects a SINGLE function -
1. threshold,
2. sensitivity,
3. self adjusting threshold,
4. iron mask (a control for offsetting the two channels of PI signal processing),
5. A selector switch which can select - on/off, frequency shift noise cancel, and all metal, or two different iron ID modes.
6. a knob which is used (depending on the setting of knob 5)to select noise cancel freq. or to set the minimum pulse delay setting.

No mysterious links between bits of internal software, no menus to navigate - just a few knobs and you ears. LE.JAG’s finds demonstrate that that is plenty.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 03:28AM by lytle78.
March 22, 2019 10:59PM
Simplicity is fantastic.
March 23, 2019 03:30AM
TERRIBLY fantastic. I love simple, deterministic things - A or B - not “something which is good for situation A (but changes 6 things) or “something which is good for situation B (but changes those 6 things or some others - in ways which the manufacturer is reluctant to disclose).

Terrible, single minded, focused simplicity.

I literally mean EVERY word of the above sentence. A focus and vision which has been lacking in the pursuit of “do it all” solutions - from most manufacturers.

Here it is - naked - focused - simple - designed that way in the single minded pursuit of one thing - gold jewelry in salt beach environments. Putting out a strong signal and listening in the utter quiet produced by advanced electronic circuit design - for faint or strong returns - in any beach environment - including serious black sand - with the added bonus of useful iron ID/silencing.

Simple - if you can do it.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 03:42AM by lytle78.
March 23, 2019 02:34PM
What about using it in mild sand & freshwater. I suspect there won't be much advantage in mild sand and freshwater compared to the Equinox.
March 23, 2019 02:53PM
In the video of reactivity, it seem to do a good work at iding at depth, but it an airtest...
March 23, 2019 05:19PM
Rick...... we have low mineralization here in the Gulf...... so low some machines wont even GB. Trust me there is depth to be had from the Fisher over the Nox....... ive gotten a couple of inches on a 3 gram ring in the wet sand near the surf with the MDT. The Fisher is alleging MORE depth. I think Tom said he was getting 14" on a nickel with the MDT.... thats about 3" deeper than the Nox and you may not know its a nickel..... and the Fisher is saying 17" i believe. Thats a whopping 6"....... now thats getting down there. I for one dont believe we will have an issue with depth... or sensitivity..... so im more concerned about TID/DISC at those depths. Disc ..... thats whats got eyebrows raised. Otherwise..... some would be serious looking at the TDI with its ability to run 10uS......but 16.5 volts. Im ready to see the videos of the TDI vs the AQ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 06:28PM by dewcon4414.
March 23, 2019 06:03PM
possum-mo
Hey Possum, looks like you had a reasonable question about sweep speed and Ol Grumpy Toad blew you off with an eye roll.
Here is a video showing sweep speed while testing. Enjoy. [www.youtube.com]

Compounded by 30 other questions in 5 other threads? It's not really reasonable anymore is it? We are sharing what we can...when we can...and you want MORE...none of it is "good enough". Hows that video working out?

goodmore
But to stick your nose in the air or act superior with knowledge or your stack of cash will only get you a GFY from me. Yeah it doesn't get any more straight forward than that.

Nobody is sticking their nose up, and your monetary value (or lack of) is of zero concern to me. Just because it is an expensive detector to your pocketbook - does not make you entitled to information pre-release. If you KNOW the tester cannot talk about it...and you keep asking anyways...then you get a GFY right back at ya. Asking me to break an NDA is asking me to break the law. So GFY right back. Straightforward enough for ya tough guy? G...F...Y.

Oh Tom...shower us with genius! Oh Rick...does it do this? Hey THGT...how does this work? It's friggin pathetic sounding when you KNOW we cannot answer. You act entitled to information that is simply not yours to have. Childs behavior. You want the whole foot after getting an inch.

I have 11 new pics ready to post...and some VERY good video. But I guess I'll just go F myself instead of sharing that info here. Maybe Tom will chime in on question 278...instead of just ignoring you. It is NO WONDER Le Jag has not posted much lately. I would not be surprised at all if Alexandre stops for a while as well. Can't even let the guy have a moment to shine without demands for info.

For sure the last time I ever ask for an early green light to share info with this group. I thought I was being helpful and it was a cool thing to do. Easy decision to never do it again. Enjoy the forum to everybody else. Some good people here.

My YouTube - [www.youtube.com]
Website - [www.thehuntergt.com]