Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Minelab 4040 ??

Posted by Rob in (ca) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Minelab 4040 ??
April 15, 2021 12:57AM
I normally don’t believe Internet Rumors.....US Patient .....kinda gets my attention.

[youtu.be]
Re: New Minelab 4040 ??
April 15, 2021 01:49AM
Well maybe if they make it. It could be long enough that I don't have to detect on my knees.
April 15, 2021 10:42AM
He said don't tell anyone!

None of those new features he mentioned interest me at all. All I need the screen to do is give me a VDI number and allow me to change settings. What they should do is concentrate on improving the audio. I think there is a lot more that could be done with tone quality and the information it delivers.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 11:05AM by Badger in NH.
April 15, 2021 12:25PM
Absolutely agreed, it has to either technologically be a game changer or convey audio in a way which is “better” or have very light weight...or some of those plus low price....a touch screen isn’t going to attract me, and might not work that well in a metal detecting environment after it gets dirty or wet. Everyone knows I’m ALL about the CTX, but an improved one would need some real world, well...improvements.
April 16, 2021 12:29AM
The CTX is a fine detector. I had two of them through the years. But as I have said here before....in my opinion way over priced. Minelab proved that themselves with the Equinox.
Any new detector will need depth or unmasking ability that we have never seen before. That is the only way to justify the price. We shall see. I hope they release something crazy.
April 16, 2021 01:04AM
I agree! at this point in time in the evolutionary process, experienced hunters
will "probably" accept nothing less at increasing price points!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 16, 2021 03:42AM
It could also be their 100TH gold machine lol.
But I am hoping it is a CTX without touch screen.
April 18, 2021 10:40AM
I don't see a touchscreen working very well in a lot of situations where it is muddy, rainy, wearing gloves, etc.
I would rather they spend all of their time and money on figuring out how to eek out more depth and even better target IDs.
An integrated pinpointer would be awesome...
April 22, 2021 09:40AM
Given the bad global economic conditions, which are about to get much worse, I doubt it will see the light of day. Conditions in the USA are about to get MUCH, MUCH worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2021 09:43AM by PhDtector.
April 23, 2021 01:42PM
A detector that eliminates part of the grey area (even small) would be grand. We are into hair splitting now. But just being able for a manufacturer (its engineers) to be able to design to split hairs is grand. Assuming we are still talking VLF detector model.

We might not realize how great the grey area is when detecting until say better (new) models hit the streets and are used.

And when we use one of these so-called detectors for a while. A mind set sets in. And we take for granted or get used to detector ops.

Yeah, everyone seems jumps on the depth thingy.

So, could a detector be designed to hunt better the range of depths we are currently accustomed to?
I think so. More of a true go, no-go detector when it comes to day tilted coins, relics, and higher odds differentiation between ferrous and nonferrous based on info presented to user.

Cheers.
April 24, 2021 11:39AM
GKman & David...... you guys are spot-on. (((Although I don't think we'll see an integrated pinpointer again. This also poses a return policy nightmare.....should the PP go bad))).
April 25, 2021 10:48AM
Working on ID to depth..... or one that can REALLY separate a pull tab from gold.... and lets put that bottle cap somewhere other than right in the middle of the gold range. I think once it starts IDing deeper non-ferr as iron we are heading in the right direction. EVERY detector should have a salt balance to compliment the GB.
April 25, 2021 10:40PM
I just dont see any significant leaps in depth. The depth of detectors has been stagnant for decades. Unmasking has made strides. Those iron patches I ran from with my Eagle Spectrum I revisited many times with better detectors for the job. The CTX to be honest was not the best I have used for that purpose. It is bells a whistles designed to help ID targets at average depth. At extreme depth that other detectors can achieve it fails like all the rest to ID correctly. Sure if I was going into a well manicured lawn I would take the CTX. In fact I did. It kept me from digging unwanted holes. But that target ID in my opinion was never worth the price. I also used it because of beach hunting. It offered an alternative to the Excal. The Equinox is better at unmasking and just as deep. What is target ID if you miss targets? They can come up with fancy screens and computer programmable detectors, but in the end it always comes down to the same thing. Will it find targets better than what I have now? Oh...and how much does it cost?
April 25, 2021 11:42PM
dew -- you said:

" I think once it starts IDing deeper non-ferr as iron we are heading in the right direction."

I want mine to ID deeper non-ferrous as deep non-ferrous, and MORE importantly, I'd LOVE for mine to stop IDing deep, rusty ferrous with coin-type IDs!

Seriously, though, more depth is ALWAYS good, but I'd be very happy with better EFFECTIVE depth. Right now, when I try to "hunt deep," and push my machine to the max (i.e. start digging very iffy high tones, that are 95% of the time going to be nails, hoping that I find the ONE that is a nail/coin co-location), it generally nets me not much more than a bunch of digging, and a pouch full of bent, rusty nails. I would be VERY happy if my machine could tell more accurately what it thinks is a nail, and what it thinks is a fringe-deep coin...

Steve
April 26, 2021 12:59AM
Amen brotha!!!----steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dew -- you said:
>
> " I think once it starts IDing deeper non-ferr as
> iron we are heading in the right direction."
>
> I want mine to ID deeper non-ferrous as deep non-f
> errous, and MORE importantly, I'd LOVE for mine to
> stop IDing deep, rusty ferrous with coin-type IDs!
>
> Seriously, though, more depth is ALWAYS good, but
> I'd be very happy with better EFFECTIVE depth. Ri
> ght now, when I try to "hunt deep," and push my ma
> chine to the max (i.e. start digging very iffy hig
> h tones, that are 95% of the time going to be nail
> s, hoping that I find the ONE that is a nail/coin
> co-location), it generally nets me not much more t
> han a bunch of digging, and a pouch full of bent,
> rusty nails. I would be VERY happy if my machine
> could tell more accurately what it thinks is a nai
> l, and what it thinks is a fringe-deep coin...
>
> Steve
May 11, 2021 04:36AM
All is quiet.
Anymore rumors?
May 12, 2021 03:39AM
The new released Gpx 6000 not listed per se.
So it would be one of the 5 FY 2021 projects in work.
Wonder what the other 4 are?

[www.detectorprospector.com]
May 12, 2021 11:48PM
One could be the GPX6500D (Discrimination)