Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NASA Tom IMPULSE Field Test....???

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NASA Tom IMPULSE Field Test....???
March 20, 2019 01:47PM
Hey Tom,

I can’t think of the IMPULSE in anymore capable hands than your own, I hope we get to see you put this “pulse induction miracle” through the paces and let us know what’s REALLY up!

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 01:48PM by Aaron.
Re: NASA Tom IMPULSE Field Test....???
March 20, 2019 02:16PM
Isn't Tom connected with the Tarsacci ? Might be a conflict of interest?
March 20, 2019 02:47PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't Tom connected with the Tarsacci ? Might be
> a conflict of interest?

Hmmm, not sure your aware possum, Toms connected w ALL the major players in the R&D dept.......

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 02:48PM by Aaron.
March 21, 2019 10:12PM
Aarons' right hes been connected to a good many machines that hes given us a ton of info on..... before and after they came out. Has his hands hands been tided..... like that NDA from ML? Id sure like to have heard his thought and gotten a review from him. He seems to have a lot more lead way with the MDT to answer questions and do some testing and provide some results. Nice to have him available as we work our way thru learning another machine. NOW.... the Fisher, didnt i read they borrowed his AquaStar to do some comparisons? That alone should have gotten him some time with the machine BEFORE we see it hit the street. I know companies dont like us to know much about new releases ...... and i did see Tom start that thread on PI training. Id sure enjoy a good field testing by him ...... BEFORE i shell out the big bucks on this one. I dont know why the companies who come to him dont want a good ole honest review? Information seems to trickle out.......... for once id like to see the tap turned on a machine many cant wait to try. Im sure Tom wont pass up getting one of these ....... so maybe NOT having a NDA will get us his review this time. Tom is just a wealth of technical information and has his hands in a lot of projects im sure we dont even hear about. This is one machine thou.......handing him one and having him field test it could valid (one of Toms words lol) what Fisher claims it can do. How bout it Fisher?
March 22, 2019 02:50AM
Hi Aaron, yes I know that. That's why it would not be wise for him to publically review a machine or two, or he will lose a few customers very quickly.
March 22, 2019 12:05PM
So ..... they are asking him to review the detectors in the back ground...... give advice.... honest advice...... then if the Companies opt not to take his advice we get what .... a machine we have to figure out dont work as expected and needs an update? So since he hasnt received a machine as far as we can tell.... he CANT do an honest review if he wants to continue helping this hobby move forward. So what we get is marketing hype or favorable reviews...... leaving us as buyers saying...... this isnt what i expected from this machine. Good example are all those chains and smaller gold expected from the Nox. Marketing doesnt like people like Tom..... so i guess it does put him in a difficult position doing a review on any of the top dog detectors. If you have ever met Tom you know ...... he's got a lot of passion for this hobby...... he gets a thrill seeing new tech and helping it advance.
March 22, 2019 12:34PM
Agreed and ALL true Dew.

If people ONLY KNEW how much of TOM there is in the machines they love so much....

Also, all these machines that Tom works on, behind the scenes all for ((N/C)), and some of them could be SOOO MUCH BETTER, however they are for whatever reason, the finished product is “dumbed down” and not nearly as good as it could be!

The technology is here....and it’s NOT being used!

WHY?

Aaron
March 22, 2019 01:47PM
Aaron Wrote:
> The technology is here....and it’s NOT being used!
>

Which technology is here that is not being used?

Not being cheeky, just curious.
March 22, 2019 02:28PM
I don’t think it’s as much as the technology as it is the tweaking. Some of the machines are being designed more around ease of use for novice just out of the box rather than their full potential. Management has a lot to do with that thou ....not the designer gurus. Good example.....the new TDI... we may have had a version of a disc TDI some years ago and competition....where would be now?
March 22, 2019 02:31PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I don’t think it’s as much as the technology as it
> is the tweaking. Some of the machines are being
> designed more around ease of use for novice just o
> ut of the box rather than their full potential.
> Management has a lot to do with that thou ....not
> the designer gurus. Good example.....the new TDI.
> .. we may have had a version of a disc TDI some ye
> ars ago and competition....where would be now?

Dew, yes I misspoke regarding “tech”, however not with “dumb down”.

It’s still HUGE

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 02:45PM by Aaron.
March 22, 2019 03:30PM
Given all the field testers that have come forward thus far, I cannot imagine that Tom D. hasn't been testing one of these. Hopefully FTP doesn't find the MDT-8000 to be a conflict of interest, although given his relationship with Carl and the rest of the FTP crew, I doubt that would be the case.
March 22, 2019 03:34PM
He has NOT recieved a IMPULSE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 03:37PM by Aaron.
March 22, 2019 09:02PM
Wonder why this thread was bumped by you know who.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Also asked yourself.
Why would NASA- Tom give the low down on the unit when it seems the actual inventor/developer is doing so. And unit is not released.
Make sense?

We’ll call his Alexandre’s day in the sun with his development.

And you can bet the farm this posting of info by Alexandre was cleared (permission asked or permission granted ) by guess who?? Basically out of mutual respect I’m sure.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 09:09PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 22, 2019 09:08PM
Cal, no field testers of the Impulse have “come forward” THGT and I were two of the folks who got the same AQ sent to them to test various headphones with it - none of those folks had the machine for more than a couple of days nor were they expected to do much more than turn the machine on and listen to it through the various phones. Of course, we did our best to actually get it out in the dirt or sand, but that was very much by-the-way.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 22, 2019 09:13PM
Upon actual public release we may see NASA- Tom give some info. Just my hunch. How much info I don’t know obviously.
The thread he bumped. Is for a good reason. Some thing must be different about this detector at least somewhat vs what has been said about other pi units.

So it will be a back to school session that takes place here on - Pulse Induction Training - Wet-Salt

NASA-Tom does say more than he actually says with clues. At least I think so. Person has to be paying attention though.

Every time he post or does some thing on this forum is for a reason. And the reason may not be obvious either. In time though it becomes more obvious.

He’s like a good chess player imo. He is moves ahead with his thinking.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 09:41PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 22, 2019 09:47PM
I don't see any bumping of the thread. The threads are in the date and time order of the last post.
March 22, 2019 09:51PM
CCadrin Wrote:
> I don't see any bumping of the thread. The thread
> s are in the date and time order of the last post.

Look closely at this thread.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Notice it was bumped Mar of this year by NASA-Tom.
This word was used.
[www.merriam-webster.com]

My guess is another chapter will be written here in the thread above. Added
Courtesy of Impulse AQ detector and all the folks who contributed to making it happen.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 10:51PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 23, 2019 11:07AM
TNN...... to my knowledge Tom doesnt have one buddy. Hes a pretty straight shooter..... he wont talk about something he cant. So when he says i dont have one i take that as Gospel. He may well get one BEFORE release ..... but he didnt have one at the time of this thread bump or currently. Even if he gets one..... im not certain how much info we may get. He may well feel the same as Carl........ "Any manufacturer should know by now, the wool can’t be pulled on our eyes these days. Video and metal detecting forums WILL expose and expose FAST a subpar unit performance for cost incurred. And quite the reverse can happen too. A great performing unit will be exposed in short order."

This may well be a KISS machine..... but for those never using a PI hopefully Tom can step in and give some testing results and what settings he was using. No doubt with his style of hunting he will have one as will most wet sand and water hunters. Toms taken Carls approach with the MDT. He wont leave us struggling..... or misusing settings.... but he does like to see us have that AH HA moment. I suspect we will get a LOT more direct input after launch as well from the VERY informed people who designed this machine..... Alexandre, Carl... and who ever is allowed to talk about their use. These guys have been at least active on this website.
March 23, 2019 11:36AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> TNN...... to my knowledge Tom doesnt have one budd
> y. Hes a pretty straight shooter..... he wont ta
> lk about something he cant. So when he says i do
> nt have one i take that as Gospel. He may well
> get one BEFORE release ..... but he didnt have one
> at the time of this thread bump or currently. Ev
> en if he gets one..... im not certain how much inf
> o we may get. He may well feel the same as Carl.
> ....... "Any manufacturer should know by now, the
> wool can’t be pulled on our eyes these days. Video
> and metal detecting forums WILL expose and expose
> FAST a subpar unit performance for cost incurred.
> And quite the reverse can happen too. A great perf
> orming unit will be exposed in short order."
>
> This may well be a KISS machine..... but for those
> never using a PI hopefully Tom can step in and giv
> e some testing results and what settings he was us
> ing. No doubt with his style of hunting he will h
> ave one as will most wet sand and water hunters.
> Toms taken Carls approach with the MDT. He wont
> leave us struggling..... or misusing settings....
> but he does like to see us have that AH HA moment.
> I suspect we will get a LOT more direct input afte
> r launch as well from the VERY informed people who
> designed this machine..... Alexandre, Carl... and
> who ever is allowed to talk about their use. Th
> ese guys have been at least active on this website
> .

I never said he did have one.
All I said is he’ll likely add more data to the thread he bumped. And the info posted will be related to how the Impulse AQ behaves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 11:38AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 23, 2019 11:40AM
tnsharpshooter wrote “I never said he did have one.
All I said is he’ll likely add more data to the thread he bumped. And the info posted will be related to what or how the Impulse AQ behaves.”

I wouldn’t count on it......

Aaron

March 23, 2019 11:43AM
Aaron Wrote:
> tnsharpshooter wrote “I never said he did have one
> .
> All I said is he’ll likely add more data to the th
> read he bumped. And the info posted will be relate
> d to what or how the Impulse AQ behaves.”
>
> I wouldn’t count on it......
>
>
> Aaron

One has to write carefully when trying to forecast the future.
Notice the word I used above.
Likely.

He could have bumped that thread hoping some actual purchasers would post their experiences with Impulse AQ to spark some conservation too. Or reminding folks the thread actually already exists.

I notice NASA -Tom likes to see info grouped in a thread here on this forum vs being scattered.

Sure helps when referencing later to folks wanting info and if something new comes about and more needs to be stated/discussed related to the topic.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 11:55AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 23, 2019 12:06PM
I wouldn’t bet on that either....

Aaron
March 23, 2019 05:28PM
Sorry TNN..... i thought you were telling Aaron he bumped the thread because he had a machine and was going to give a possible review. This is a pretty important thread about machines that really get over looked for certain times of the year, conditions, or locations. PIs have their place and they operate differently than our turn on and go multi use VLFs. Many avoid them because they prefer to only look for non-ferr targets..... coins and jewelry on the beach. BUT they are beasts when it comes to dirt/field/relic hunting. With all the buzz with Whites and now Fisher making i think he felt it was time to introduce more of us to how they operate and just what they can do.... especially if you add some disc. Im glad to see he can find time to do a threat or two every now and then........ mans on a REAL schedule.