Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Folks desiring to detect in sites growed up in late spring, summer and early fall may find this piece of equipment useful

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I did a video showing this outfit. Cuts like no tomorrow. Can be used to clear/trim older site where grass and smaller bushes are keeping one from sweeping and getting a coil on the ground. Can clear area far faster and cut bigger smaller bushes vs weedeater. Unit can be turned into weed eater in seconds too if needed. Comes apart easily and can be hauled in back of truck or even side by side. Could be strapped on ATV 4 wheeler too.
Enjoy.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2020 01:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
I could use that. Wonder how tough the gear case is. I was hoping you would have run it through some brush TNS. I have several dealers around here @ over $500.
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I could use that. Wonder how tough the gear case i
> s. I was hoping you would have run it through some
> brush TNS. I have several dealers around here @ ov
> er $500.

Ozzie,
Unit cuts well. Has lot longer warranty than Stihl.
[www.shindaiwa-usa.com]

Have a bud with Stihl outfit simsiar to mine except his unit stays in one piece (long).
His unit has been through hell and still cuts.

Nice thing about this articulating hedge trimmer head I showed in video.
Tiltable (135 degrees), user has different tilt positions to choose from in 15 degree increments. Also where gear case is and pivot point hedge trimmer head has 2 fittings for grease gun.
Shindaiwa And echo close kin folks.
Nothing cheap about unit I have ata all.

Poll saw or pruner as it is called works very good also.
I did buy 3 ft extension (separate piece) I can use with any attachment really. Bought for pruner head really.

262 Multi tool engine seems is commercial grade engine.
Smooth running engine. Smoothest running 2 stroke I have ever run.
Cheers Ozzie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2020 09:24AM by tnsharpshooter.
Thanks TNSS, nothing like good tools.
Some follow up on the pics of equipment talked about above.
I have cut loads with it.
It is for real.c
How much can you cut in one hour? A lot.
Old house site with some growth like in late spring this thing is killer.
Can be used in the woods too,
Will easily cut small diameter bushes. One needs to slow down a bit though swinging.

Been recording hours on my unit with hedge trimmer (rotatable attached) and am over 100 hours. This 100 hours cutting grass, small bushes and weeds not hedge.
Folks around can’t believe how much I have cut with it.

Expect to sharpen blades about every 3 hours of use.
Not hard to do using dremel. That’s what I use.
Changing accessory head off of power head easy as pie. Can be done real fast.

Unit using hedge trimmer not hard on gas at all.
Will use more with weed eater head installed when cutting taller grass.

Blade change not hard.
I haven’t changed blades yet, do have a set. But have flipped my blades since I use left side to cut a lot more than right side of cutter.
Has grease fitting to grease unit inn2 places on hedge trimmer head head, unlike a Stihl where it has a screw to remove and they expect you to buy their high dollar tune greas to use.

Best thing about this thing with hedge trimmer head is you get no grass, etc on you using unlike a weed eater does. Plus it’s more compact since it comes apart in middle of rod.

Cheers

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2020 07:26PM by tnsharpshooter.
I have no ambition to trim other people's property. Call me lazy. Mowing my own grass is a pain. Maybe you retirees just got too much energy and time.
I understand Goodmore.
Some folks like Mr Dankowksi may have a more remote test bed in say higher soil mineralization setting. He may frequent this site doing his work. And want to keep it cut short for use.

Don't take long to cut a 10'x10' or a 20'x20' section say area with quite a bit of iron. Hard to get to all places with compressed time frame caused by weeds and taller grass.