Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus ORX with 9" HF coil is a iron picking master piece!!

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus ORX with 9" HF coil is a iron picking master piece!!
March 24, 2019 09:43AM
It's by far hands down beaten every machine I've ever used in iron. At first I was digging a ton of big iron and trash with it in the house sites I hunt which are typically early 1900's house sites. After watching some of Calabash Diggers and Gary's videos on YouTube and some in the dirt time myself it and I finally clicked. My beaten and hunted to death sites are now producing coins and buttons that I know I have swung a many of a coil over. It gets even better though in my 3-4 bar dirt it smacks my 10" dime and 10" nickel using the coins deep program. It's audio is very telling as to whether a target is iron or trash or a good target. Big iron sounds killer on it until you wiggle the coil back towards you and it produces a iron whine trash has a broken and choppy audio nuance and coins and buttons produce a sweet dig me I'm round type audio.
Re: Deus ORX with 9" HF coil is a iron picking master piece!!
March 24, 2019 11:55AM
Glad to hear the ORX is "producing" for you 88, mine is coming in this week from SkiWhiz. I am hoping the Elliptical coil with its smaller footprint will be "deadly" in iron!
March 24, 2019 12:42PM
Give the ORX time and learn it and I guarantee you'll love it.
March 24, 2019 01:07PM
Yes you will love it. I'm using the 11" x35 coil to get that 4kHz iron killing frequency. Who dat says who dat when I say who dat ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 01:16PM by texkinzee.
March 24, 2019 01:30PM
So is the Deus obsolete?
March 24, 2019 01:39PM
Hey Tex...….I thought the "upper" frequencies were better in iron?? I guess now my HF coil is obsolete!! Lol
March 24, 2019 01:40PM
Thanks for sharing.
I use Deus.
It works too.
March 24, 2019 03:31PM
QUESTION; This ORX...Is this unit a knockdown version of the Deus....as good, but without the decor and frillies? Abel to equal the famed Deus in heavy iron...able to surgically pick out non between ferrous scraps and tidbits? This unit interests me. Thanks, guys.
March 24, 2019 03:37PM
It is killer in iron. I like coin fast with the freq. jacked up in the 30s. It won't replace my Deus but it seems just as deep.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 09:43PM by muddydogz.
March 24, 2019 05:20PM
Everything I read about it, says the Coin Fast and Coin Deep is the equiv to the Deus Fast and Deus Deep programs on the Deus. XP's website even says that in their Orx Q&A segment here: [www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

What in your opinion, makes you like the Orx better than the Deus in that regard? Seems like you could set the Deus up to do the same exact thing and then some by having more settings to tweak it.

I have the 11 inch X35 coil and 9 inch round HF coil for my Deus. I've been doing a lot of hunting and testing with it. I still can't even say the jury is out....because I don't even have enough evidence to present a case to the jury as of yet. It seems to be a good detector but is not the magic wand some like to talk it up as being.
March 25, 2019 03:05AM
Well,
This thread is about ORX, but Deus has been mentioned.

Let’s assume ORX can match Deus (wearing same x35 and Hf coils). I don’t know if this is fact or not.

First and foremost. I can say with 100 percent certainty sites dating back to late 1700s, 1800s with lots of iron. Deus with LF coil performs spectacular. Comparing to what else is out there.
After Deus is used and busted with 9” and 11” LF coils in these type stuff of sites. The next detectors I had to use to make sizeable numbers find wise were Deus and Hf coils in these same sites. I tried other models. Eqx 800 can hunt behind Deus and LF coils. Eqx 800 much harder to produce behind Deus and Hf coils.

Deus and Hf coils. Super spectacular performance. Grade above Deus and LF coils (using highest badnd freq wise when utilizing).

I have done head to heads. Hunted in blocked off areas and areas with landmarks. This detecting was done multiple, multiple times. Not 3 or 4. Many many times over a 5 year period.

Now Deus and LF coil. Rounder targets more likely to be nabbed vs missed. Hf coils will capitalize more of the less than round LF coils miss.

Hf coils on Deus can locate round missed by Deus and LF coils too.

I ran an x35 coil. Similar performance hunting in moderate to heavy iron and nails as Hf coils. Slight edge goes to Hf coils except x35 coil comes as a 11 incher, so some finds using x35 11” coil may be located whereas 9” Hf coil might not get. I used 9” x35 coil.

The Hf elliptical coil can hunt behind 9” Hf coil or the x35 coils. The elliptical coil is SUPER performer with one exception. Vertical square nails can fool user quite a few times. Even me. But make no mistake this coil hunts WELL.

My take and I have used other model detectors in these same 4 sites. An old site with moderate to heavier iron CANNOT be deemed to be purged of nonferrous unless at least a Deus with all the following coils have been used— elliptical Hf coil, round 9” Hf or x35 coil, 11” x35 coil, And not used in any particular order.

So if ORX can indeed mirror Deus performance with depth and separation/unmasking.. The above tells the story.
This info above is certifiable by me. With loads and loads of hours sweeping loads of the same sites collecting valuable intel on performance.

A person into finding nonferrous artifacts imo if they don’t have Deus and appropriate coils or it seems possibly an ORX and appropriate coils they are missing out on a lot of nice artifacts.

Seeing was believing for me. It took far more than one or 2, or 3 or even 4 isolated cases, actually dozens and dozens to convince me, and I WAS/AM convinced.
I posted about many of my excursions here in last few years.

I have zero experience with the 11x13” coil offerings Xp offers and I have zero experience with both goldmaxx and goldmaxx power detectors made by Xp. These 2 not offered in USA.

Deus is imo a HALL of FAME detector. And it’s not dead yet.
ORX could be too, we’ll see.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 03:20AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2019 08:58AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So is the Deus obsolete?
Never. Great updates from time to time.
March 25, 2019 09:00AM
Los Alamos Wrote:
> Hey Tex...….I thought the "upper" frequencies were
> better in iron?? I guess now my HF coil is obsolet
> e!! Lol

Larger iron, flat or miss shaped.
March 25, 2019 09:08AM
And who knows what the ORX updates may bring over time.
March 25, 2019 09:11AM
Just by watching vids, reading and adding 2+2, the Deus does seem to be the master unmasker, not including the operator. Maybe the ORX is its bare bones equal. Thanks for the hands-on field info tnss. Daniel, I'll expect an updated report from you when you're ready smileys with beer, lol. Thanks tex. Thanks MD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 09:16AM by ozzie.
March 25, 2019 10:53AM
My immediate thought when I read the OP was ok......So can this detector do the same thing a Deus can do for a lot less money? It seems that competition in the market place has indeed produced a winning formula for us meager consumers.

Combined performance with simplicity of operation for a great price. Now that is quite a few steps in the right direction. Add the fact that this Deus line is a pleasure to swing and the bar becomes very visible for the competition.

Thanks for the thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 10:54AM by goodmore.
March 25, 2019 05:37PM
I’ve been off the forums so long didn’t realize the ORX was out there, sounds impressive.

I’m still using my Deus with both HF coils, separation is terrific my best separator in areas with iron.

Thanks for sharing, Have a lot of catching up.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 05:38PM by Apolonio (CA).
March 25, 2019 09:01PM
I've taken the ORX back to iron infested sites that I had hammered with the Nox with stock and 6" coils and guess what the ORX found stuff the Nox missed buttons and coins. I'm not just talking about the ORX finding one or two coins and buttons the Nox had missed I'm talking about it finding dozens of coins and buttons the Nox had missed so that tells me the separation in iron abilities goes to ORX. Also on my 10" dime and Nickel the Nox wouldn't make a peep on them but the ORX hammers them so that tells me the ORX is deeper in my soil. This is just my results on using the ORX and I'm a happy camper using it.
March 25, 2019 09:06PM
The only thing I miss on the orx that the Deus has is the horseshoe. I get a lot of information from that little piece of the puzzle and would be a happy man if it were on the orx. Beggars can't be choosers.
March 25, 2019 09:13PM
muddydogz Wrote:
> The only thing I miss on the orx that the Deus has
> is the horseshoe. I get a lot of information from
> that little piece of the puzzle and would be a hap
> py man if it were on the orx. Beggars can't be cho
> osers.

The horseshoe on Deus.
The truth.
It has actually cost folks finds when relying on as far as which side the shoe darkens like if both sides are switching back and forth- beware !!!! User can be lured into thinking no nonferous present. Can be quite the contrary. Meaning nonferrous mixed with ferrous.
Only thing it is good fo is strength of signal, so coin size can give decent clues to depth. And this depth indication is driven by detector settings per depth of a target.

I have a video coming soon and will post here. Showing horseshoe behavior and Deus ID on nonferrous mixed with ferrous. Two test, one with clad dime and one with nickel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 10:00PM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2019 10:07PM
If the ORX was a Dancer I would put a 5 spot in her g-string.drinking smileygrinning smiley
March 25, 2019 10:31PM
Glad now I didn't buy the "Nox", it has obviously been obsoleted by the ORX!! smileys with beer
March 25, 2019 10:43PM
Los Alamos Wrote:
> Glad now I didn't buy the "Nox", it has obviously
> been obsoleted by the ORX!! smileys with beer. I am glad that you didn't also smileys with beer
March 25, 2019 10:49PM
Don't get me wrong the Nox is a decent machine but it just didn't impress me in the type of sites I hunt. I hit a very deep wheat penny yesterday using the ORX my Raptor 31 diggers handle was below the dirts surface before finding the Wheatie. I am going to add a X-35 9" coil just to see how it performs compared to the 9" HF coil. If Deus would make 6" HF or X-35 coil I guarantee I'd be the first to buy one.
March 25, 2019 10:58PM
Tnss, I agree with some of what you said, some not. Just as with any id system, iron will be a bad influence. When I'm in a well manicured park/lawn I'm picky about what I will and what I won't dig. When I get a higher tone deep signal, I've noticed when I get a bounce from ferrous to non ferrous that if it hits more on the ferrous side, it most of the time is iron. If it hits moreso on the nf side or stays nf, I get excited. Like most say, I do go by the tones more than anything, but in some spots I'll play with a signal some to gain some info.
Am I leaving some stuff behind? I'm sure I am, just something for the next guy I suppose.
March 25, 2019 11:45PM
Thanks for the writeup Sharpshooter! Glad I opted for the Elliptical, and as 88 says hope they actually bring out a smaller version. I will be on the "Old Spanish Trail" this weekend, hope the rattlesnakes are still "sleeping". Lol
March 26, 2019 12:14AM
Los Alamos Wrote:
> Thanks for the writeup Sharpshooter! Glad I opted
> for the Elliptical, and as 88 says hope they actua
> lly bring out a smaller version. I will be on the
> "Old Spanish Trail" this weekend, hope the rattle
> snakes are still "sleeping". Lol

You are quite welcome.

More info here.
I got to thinking some folks maybe the Deus was out of their budget or they just didn’t want to pay the price for Deus.
So Orx seems has Deus dna in it.
Looking at a few videos looks like similar performance to Deus.
So I encourage folks who have never had Deus and have ORX to look back in history here for Deus threads. I think you’ll find some helpful fantastic info.

One video I’ll post her shortly showing Deus in action on a couple tests. These test reflect some of what can be seen in the wild.
I can’t duplicate obviously all permutations iron wise and nonferrous wise one may come up while detecting.

I highly encourage folks new to the Xp line who have ORX to do similar test as shown in this short video.
If ORX behaves like Deus. It is a bit different as far as ID displayed vs some other VLF detectors.

Disc setting.
This is what you use to knock out iron.
So one may be thinking ok, anything coming over disc setting ID wise is nonferous and anything below likely iron. This can be true but only part of the time.
Deus can give tone with ID below disc setting say level 7 disc.
Users of elliptical Hf coil may find disc level 7.4 is about minimum levle to knock out nails.

So the more masked nonferrous,, can be old silver coins, Spanish bits, any nonferrous really can give tone (tone likely compromised somewhat) yet tone is there with ID coming in below disc setting.

Here’s the video showing horseshoe behavior and ID using Deus.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2019 12:19AM by tnsharpshooter.