Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sad forum news

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sad forum news
March 25, 2019 08:38AM
Thought some of you might like to know. I just found out a little while ago that forum member Chris Woods passed away. Chris and I had hunted together several times; most recently we had been testing the Tarsacci MDT unit. The last time he and I hunted together, he had sat down and was taking a break. I noticed he was sweating profusely and his face was really red. I asked if he was okay and he said yes, that he had just "over done it" for the day. We talked a while and he insisted he was fine, just needed a break. I went to go put our detectors up in the truck and when I came back, I found him laid flat out and he was now white as a sheet of paper. I thought he was unconscious; didn't look like he was breathing and that I was gonna have to do CPR. But he was just laying there taking it easy. I tried to get him to let me take him to the doctor but he insisted he was fine. We went to the truck immediately after and I still wanted to take him to the hospital, as he lived about an hour away from where we were hunting. He wouldn't go. He texted me when he got home to let me know he made it fine. Then we talked a few days later about getting together for another hunt. Then I didn't hear anything from him for a while. I had sent messages and text messages but no reply til today. His brother contacted me today to let me know Chris had passed away a few days after he and I hunted together. He did not say from what...I am just assuming it was related to what happened the day he and I hunted.
Re: Sad forum news
March 25, 2019 08:52AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Daniel...

Life is fragile, and short...and the older we get, the shorter it seems.
March 25, 2019 08:56AM
Sorry to hear this about Chris.
March 25, 2019 09:13AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Chris.
March 25, 2019 09:23AM
Oh no. Can never get use to this death thing, why is that.
March 25, 2019 10:16AM
Sorry to to hear Dan.
March 25, 2019 10:31AM
Sorry to hear about the death of your friend Daniel.----Patsy & I will hold his family up in prayer.---------Del
March 25, 2019 10:40AM
Sad news.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 10:45AM by tnsharpshooter.
March 25, 2019 10:42AM
I’m very sorry to hear you’ve lost your friend Daniel.
March 25, 2019 12:14PM
Sorry to hear about that Daniel.
March 25, 2019 12:32PM
That's sad. I hope if it was a heart issue He at least went to the ER? Maybe He had Cancer and did not want anyone to know? I was having chest pains and went to ER twice. I got a good Check up to make sure with a Good Dr., had a echo,stress test, and even had a CAC calcium score all came back good. You young guys should get one as Guys are having Heart attacks at a earlier age these days like early 40s. The CAC is only 49.00 and can predict early heart desease.
Anyways I learned My lesson and lost 35 lbs. But more importantly dropped My Bp 20 points. Don't mean to rant but I always worked out and don't smoke or drink so don't be stubborn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 12:34PM by Harold,ILL..
March 25, 2019 12:37PM
im sorry for your loss.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
March 25, 2019 12:55PM
Sorry to hear that, Daniel. My prayers and thoughts will go out to his family.

Dean
March 25, 2019 01:24PM
Sorry to hear about Chris.

Don't wear it personally, Daniel.

HH
MIke
March 25, 2019 02:26PM
Very sad news. My condolences to you and his family.
March 25, 2019 04:15PM
Sorry to hear about your friend----you offered all the help you could render.
March 25, 2019 05:58PM
very sad news, my condolences.
jeff
March 25, 2019 06:06PM
Sorry to hear that. His name sounds familiar, but didn't know him. Take care! HH jim tn
March 25, 2019 08:56PM
Sorry to hear that Daniel. I know it's hard to loose a friend.
March 26, 2019 01:17AM
Chris and I were actually met thru the forum. His screen name was his real name...just simply posted as Chris Woods. He and his brother hunted together and one day one of them reached out to me about the possibility of going digging with me. Neither of them had dug a civil war bullet before so I took them to the bullet fields some years ago. They dug their first bullets there. When Chris got the Tarsacci, he contacted me about getting together for testing it and that's what we had been doing. I think his last posts were probably in that Tarsacci thread that Tom started.

His brother got back in touch with me today and said the official COD was a heart attack. I'm not sure exactly how old he was; I'm guessing very early 50s or late 40s.

Also, his brother said he would be selling Chris's detectors to help out with things. I told him I would help list some of them. I know he had a Deus, Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and the Tarsacci but not sure what else. When he gets me a list and prices, I will post them here. I think I was the first user of his Nox 800; it looked like it had never seen a day of hunting.
March 26, 2019 01:53AM
Sad to hear the death of your friend. It's easy to overdue it when detecting.....especially in the summer heat. Time goes by so fast when your in the treasure search mode. Take care
March 26, 2019 03:57AM
Sorry to hear of the death of your friend Daniel, it’s hard loosing close friends especially those sharing the same hobby.

Our prayers and thoughts go out to his family and yours,
March 26, 2019 06:38AM
sorry to hear of your friends demise.you cared, and made the effort necessary to help him. it's of paramount importance as we all grow older to set our pride aside,and let ourselves be helped.
we cannot do it all by ourselves!.."no man is an island".may god bless his family in their time of sorrow.

j.t.
March 26, 2019 12:28PM
Yes it sounded like a Heart attack. That is sad as a trip to the ER might have saved His life. It's amazing what they can do with stents nowadays. Maybe I am paranoid but I keep aspirin in My car just in case. It can save Your life if You get bad chest pain till You can make it to the ER.
I have a friend at the Gym same thing happened sweaty, chest pain, shortness of breath. His wife had to force Him to go to the ER. It was the Widow maker 90% blocked. They were able to stent it. He is fine now back working out.
March 26, 2019 12:57PM
Harold.... my brother in law now has one of those fancy watches he keeps an eye on because of his heart. Sorry about his death....I’m currently in IND and will be here because of a death in the family.
March 26, 2019 01:34PM
It's really sad to hear about losing a forum member. People are living a lot longer nowadays because of the advancement of medicine etc.. However, it does you no good if you refuse the take advantage of it.

tabman
March 26, 2019 01:36PM
What watch is that?
March 26, 2019 04:26PM
I'm sorry to hear that Daniel: Condolences to his Family and to you also as you were good buddies.
I've often seen his Posts and interactions here and he seemed to be across 'all brands' out of general interest much like ourselves.
Indeed, he bought a couple of MInelab bits and pieces from me last year and was very trusting and honest in his dealings. Money was in the PayPal a/c as promised no ifs and or butts.
We had some good chats via E-Mail though we never met I liked him a lot.
May he rest in peace.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2019 04:29PM by Des D.
March 26, 2019 10:27PM
Condolences to his family and sorry about the loss of your friend, it is never easy loosing a friend.
March 27, 2019 02:42AM
Very sorry. Nothing you could have done.