Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Shallow water with the GOLDMAXX PICS POSTED!

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Shallow water with the GOLDMAXX PICS POSTED!
March 30, 2019 01:25AM
Found 2 small rings in the lake yesterday, one was really small. Found um small before but not this small! I’m going start carrying a sieve w me, missed a few targets that kept going through the Stealth Scoop. Who needs a IMPULSE? (just kidding Rickcool smiley)

Aaron

[rogers-relics-uk.com]

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 12:14PM by Aaron.
Re: Shallow water with the GOLDMAXX
April 03, 2019 11:31AM

I can’t believe after being a member here since 09’ I’ve finally posted pics! Thanks Rick.
Had a good day at the old lake last weekend and scored 2 golds with of all machines my old GOLDMAXX PRO, hip mounted. Why the GMP? Because there’s tons of iron especially in one area where there used to be a dock in the 60’s for canoe rentals. This lake is heavily hunted except this area is avoided, GMP though says BRING IT!
The tiny 10k ring is the smallest ring I’ve found in 33yrs of hunting, kept falling through until the 3rd Scoop it was on the top. The 14k is a 1927 class ring, it was down there by a full Stealth Scoop. This GMP W THE SENSITIVITY set at 3 o’clock is no slouch, found a 1949 nickel atleast 12” and sounded soft, but solid, took 3 Stealth scoops to reach, was disappointed it wasn’t a Buffalo for my trouble lol. I’ve found lots of Wheats and silver here over the years also.
Going back again this weekend w the EQX and hopefully the TARSACCI.

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 11:45AM by Aaron.
April 03, 2019 01:35PM
CONGRAT's on the gold! Gold Maxx Power....is named appropriately. The embossed style of marking on the interior of the 1927 ring..... is indeed indicative of the time(s)/era.
April 03, 2019 02:57PM
Good job Aaron,

That 10k is tiny, with such detail. Congratulations on the two pieces of gold.

I sold my GoldMaxx, super unmasker in iron and very deep. Don’t know why I sold it, was a good one.

Congrats!
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 02:58PM by Apolonio (CA).
Re: Shallow water with the GOLDMAXX PICS POSTED!
April 03, 2019 07:59PM
Well done i just bought the HUUUUUUge XP coil for the GMP for no reason i just love the shape.........was cheap too

RR
April 03, 2019 10:07PM
Yes Tom, the GMP definitely is tuned for the au, it has nice mellow round sound on the rings!

Paul, it must have been on a chain or something, to small for even a child’s finger!

Sounds like you’ll be covering some ground Rat, knock um dead!

Thanks guys!

Aaron

OBN
April 04, 2019 04:54AM
That's a great day in the water!! Love the old class ring and that small ring almost looks like a "OB" Otsby Barton
April 04, 2019 08:03AM
OBN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a great day in the water!! Love the old cla
> ss ring and that small ring almost looks like a "O
> B" Otsby Barton

Hmm interesting...I’ve never heard the company. It seems the man who started the business (Cornelius Otsby), died on the ill fated TITANIC.
Thank you!

Aaron

April 17, 2019 10:26PM
awesome... was on local demo site and pulled lots of conductors among iron.trash with my GoldMaxx.

Well done.

What was once impossible..... is now easy and obvious. BUT.......... if : You don't know...what you don't know........ it continues to appear/look impossible.
-Thomas Dankowski
April 17, 2019 11:33PM
GOLDMAXX, irons best kept secret!

Thank you Sir!

April 18, 2019 10:14AM
What size holes do you have in that scoop? man that is small gold. Working in a lake ..... id likely use a sifter as well. Its just easy to dump the scoop let it sift as you move to the next target. It can really speed up the retrieve process. Congras on the gold....... I think the oldest class ring ive found down here was in the 1927. Awwww a time when they used GOLD instead of ..... what ever this metal is now days.

Dew
April 18, 2019 11:32AM
Aaron - thanks for sharing. With the prices of new and used detectors getting steadily more reasonable, the idea of a single machine to do everything gets less attractive to a lot of active operators. Horses for courses. Select your quarry, ID sites with best potential to yield this. Select tool with the best capability to “do the deed”.

Remember a pound of clad (about 125 coins) is worth about $12. How may coins per hour can you locate and recover? What’s minimum wage???

Hunt “big game” (or at least small game) leave the “vermin” to others! Lol

P.S. here’s the data on the coins if interested

[dfkoz.tumblr.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2019 11:34AM by lytle78.
April 18, 2019 11:46AM
That’s the new Stealth Scoop I bought last month. The holes are 1/2”, it sifts really quick, however it’s incredibly difficult to recover tiny targets. I had to go back to my old 1/4” hole scoop.

Also, those 1/2” holed scoops are not as strong as the 1/4” ones. I had the scoop down in a deep hole and unknowingly pulled it back into a rock bent it up real good. They’re supposed to fix it but I’ll tell ya I’ve had my 1/4” scoop for years and it’s bullet proof.

Yes, I’ve tried carrying a strainer, just can’t seem to get a system right to use it without it getting in the way. As long as I’m using the 1/4” scoop I’m good.