Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ3D - Recovery Speed

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ3D - Recovery Speed
April 04, 2019 06:20PM
It's raining so I spent my time reading the CZ3D manual. Most everything that I read I pretty much already knew. The one thing that I didn't know was that the CZ3D has a faster recovery speed than 'previous' CZ detectors which they claim makes it better at trashy sites. "Better ID at slower swing speed". I always thought that they all had the same recovery speed. Also doesn't having a faster recovery speed hinder depth some? Lose of depth isn't a bad thing if it's made up by having a faster recovery speed.

tabman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2019 06:36PM by tabman.
Re: Fisher CZ3D - Recovery Speed
April 04, 2019 06:57PM
To be honest I never noticed the recovery speed on the CZ-3D being any faster than a regular CZ.
April 04, 2019 07:29PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be honest I never noticed the recovery speed on
> the CZ-3D being any faster than a regular CZ.

I don't know, I just read what they said in the manual. It's seems like they'd know.

tabman
April 04, 2019 07:29PM
In Enhanced mode, at trashy sites, a CZ3D could be worse than a regular CZ since it will up average certain trash items as high tone whereas a regular CZ may/will ID them as mid tone.

The main strong suit of a 3D is in older sites with less trash where certain older coins will ID as a high tone in Enhanced mode, where a regular CZ may end up IDing the older coin as a mid tone.

I have found no difference in recovery speed between a regular analog CZ and a 3D.
April 04, 2019 09:05PM
I have a cz-3d that I use regularly and I've had a cz-5 in the past.

If there is a difference in recovery speed, I never noticed...both are slow.

Better swing that cz-3d a lot slower than those Tesoros of yours, tabman!

The upside is with a proper unit you will see depths a Tesoro can't touch.
April 04, 2019 09:15PM
marcomo Wrote:
> I have a cz-3d that I use regularly and I've had a
> cz-5 in the past.
>
> If there is a difference in recovery speed, I neve
> r noticed...both are slow.
>
> Better swing that cz-3d a lot slower than those Te
> soros of yours, tabman!
>
> The upside is with a proper unit you will see dept
> hs a Tesoro can't touch.

I think CZs and Tesoros compliment each other well. The CZs give You the depth but the Tesoros are better in iron.
They make a nice one two punch on a site. What one will miss the other will find. That's what I do with My CZ-3D and Golden uMax.
April 04, 2019 09:47PM
See what happens when I read the manual. lol Maybe they're saying that the CZ3D ID's better at a much slower sweep speed than the earlier CZ detectors. They didn't say it for nothing.

tabman
April 04, 2019 10:43PM
The secret of superior depth and recovery speed is swing slow and the silver will come...might be a play of words or advertising gimmick but never noticed any difference with either...myself....
April 05, 2019 01:29AM
I am unaware of this.
April 05, 2019 12:11PM
Maybe they're talking about something else. At any rate the CZ3D design concept is genius and well thought out.

"With this detector, performance and ID can be further enhanced by a slower coil sweep speed, more so than previous CZ models, especially in trashy areas".

tabman
April 05, 2019 02:48PM
tabman, your original post said, "The one thing that I didn't know was that the CZ3D has a faster recovery speed than 'previous' CZ detectors which they claim makes it better at trashy sites."

The manual words you quoted were: "With this detector, performance and ID can be further enhanced by a slower coil sweep speed, more so than previous CZ models, especially in trashy areas"

Being enhanced by a slower sweep speed does not equate to a faster recovery speed.
April 05, 2019 04:16PM
marcomo Wrote:
> tabman, your original post said, "The one thing th
> at I didn't know was that the CZ3D has a faster re
> covery speed than 'previous' CZ detectors which th
> ey claim makes it better at trashy sites."
>
> The manual words you quoted were: "With this detec
> tor, performance and ID can be further enhanced by
> a slower coil sweep speed, more so than previous C
> Z models, especially in trashy areas"
>
> Being enhanced by a slower sweep speed does not eq
> uate to a faster recovery speed.

Right, I was just assuming that it meant a faster recovery speed since they claimed that it worked better in trashy areas. With them saying, "more so than previous CZ models", they are implying that there is a difference. Why are they saying the CZ3D works better in trashy areas than previous CZ detectors? I didn't write the manual, I just read it on a rainy day when I didn't have anything better to do. lol

tabman
April 06, 2019 04:50PM
not sure tabman! tom indicated he never heard that before,so i would say that they are all the same in the trash.in any event,you NEED to use the "hockey puck" to even the playing field in the junk.that coil is "outrageously" good on the cz 3d

(h.h.!)
j.t.
April 06, 2019 05:12PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> not sure tabman! tom indicated he never heard that
> before,so i would say that they are all the same
> in the trash.in any event,you NEED to use the "hoc
> key puck" to even the playing field in the junk.th
> at coil is "outrageously" good on the cz 3d
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

That's what I've been hearing. I guess I need to start using it.

tabman
April 07, 2019 12:36PM
The only reason I ever slow down my sweep speed is when in a heavy trash area. This has nothing to do with recovery speed, it was to control the coil and not let it sweep over more trash than necessary.

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant