Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Metal detecting in the UK

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Metal detecting in the UK
August 21, 2021 02:58PM
I love watching videos of people metal detecting in the UK, so many different types of coins, large ones to very small ones, and some of them are very old. I would love to detect there one day.
Re: Metal detecting in the UK
August 21, 2021 10:39PM
I like watching any videos. Watch Aquachigger's latest. An angry sick beaver bit him in the a$$.
August 22, 2021 12:04PM
It is awesome to detect in England. I have been there twice and had a blast. You never know what your next target may be.

Yeah poor Aquachigger. That beaver ended up being rabid. He is going through treatment now. Thankfully he was vaccinated before the attack
September 07, 2021 10:24AM
the beaver or Aquachigger, that's one of my biggest fears in the woods
September 07, 2021 03:40PM
There coins / Relics are very very small maybe that’s why the Deus is king in the UK.
September 07, 2021 05:15PM
Rob in (ca) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There coins / Relics are very very small maybe tha
> t’s why the Deus is king in the UK.

Our coinage can also be large as well,relics/artefacts can be very big so not a really accurate picture of our finds as a whole...the main reason the Deus is a very popular machine is the fact that on trashy roman/Saxon site or sites that have had alot of human activity on over the 1000s of years and the Deus has tremendous target separation hence that is the main reason.
September 07, 2021 06:48PM
Notice U tuber Digging Dawn finds Large coins quite often. ….…. bet they sound good on the detector

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2021 11:36PM by Rob in (ca).
September 08, 2021 06:45PM
I just happened to cross a series call Time Team. A group of archaeologists have three days to excavate the site, all of them very old dating back to the BC / AD timeline. I discovered it in season 17 so I got plenty of backing up to do. Many interesting artifacts