Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X)) 6-2-19 Airtest numbers for X (6-4-19) Vista X rundown Video and thoughts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Aimed at The North American market..

[www.findmall.com]

Deeptech has been listening!

More pics to follow!

My Run down Video
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 10:21PM by Keith Southern.
Re: You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech))
April 17, 2019 04:09PM
Interesting....coil is funky looking thumbs down
April 17, 2019 04:25PM
"I LIKE it...I like it...I wanna TRY one!"

Looks like a cool 'drop-in' battery pack AND the headphone socket is also easily accessible and in a good place for a L angled jackplug...

All Looks good. I've been outnabout with an all-tone Sov and not missing a meter...so willing to give this a go"

Des D
April 17, 2019 04:31PM
Definitely keeping an eye on this! I didn't see anything in the thread that suggested it was aimed at North American detectorists, though?

-Ken
April 17, 2019 09:22PM
Kitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Definitely keeping an eye on this! I didn't see a
> nything in the thread that suggested it was aimed
> at North American detectorists, though?
>
> -Ken

They have been working on this special machine for us the past couple years, using input from many of us. Perfect timing.......

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
April 17, 2019 10:27PM
April 17, 2019 11:24PM
Man, it’s crazy how often new machines are coming out now!”
April 17, 2019 11:37PM
I wonder what size coil that is? Single tone? How high is the disc.? How soon should I start selling other detectors to fund this?
So many questions,,,,
April 18, 2019 12:16AM
Sven1 Wrote:

> They have been working on this special machine for
> us the past couple years, using input from many of
> us. Perfect timing.......

Perfect timing indeed! There happens to be a Vista Gold Gain with extra coils on feeBay with an attractive starting bid. I'm tempted to try for it but want to see what this new model brings to the table before doing anything rash. Fortunately the auction closes after DeepTech is due to announce details of the new machine.

-Ken
April 18, 2019 02:01PM
I really like the smaller control housing a lot! The larger control housings looked goofy. The battery box is NOW designed to be the way it should have been to begin with. The old design was a complete joke. Being an avid Tesoro user, I'll probably get one if the audio tone is anything like the Vista Gold Gain. I don't care for the audio tones on some of the other Deeptech detectors. but the Gold Gain's audio tone is the cat's meow. It's audio modulation is fantastic!

The suspense is killing me! LINK

tabman
April 18, 2019 03:49PM
tabman Wrote:
> I really like the smaller control housing a lot! T
> he larger control housings looked goofy. The batte
> ry box is NOW designed to be the way it should hav
> e been to begin with. The old design was a complet
> e joke. Being an avid Tesoro user, I'll probably g
> et one if the audio tone is anything like the Vist
> a Gold Gain. I don't care for the audio tones on s
> ome of the other Deeptech detectors. but the Gold
> Gain's audio tone is the cat's meow. It's audio mo
> dulation is fantastic!
>
> The suspense is killing me! [url=https://www.yout
> ube.com/watch?v=zdA__2tKoIU]LINK[/url]
>
> tabman

LINK grinning smiley
April 18, 2019 03:58PM
texkinzee Wrote:
> winking smiley
grinning smiley
April 18, 2019 06:13PM
I have just two questions,
1.) Tone I.D.?
2.) Modulated Audio?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2019 06:49PM by Harold,ILL..
April 19, 2019 10:17AM
VISTA X

7 rotary button controls

Top Row: Gain, Threshold, ALT Disc

Center: Iron Volume

Bottom row: GND BAL, Volume, DISC
April 19, 2019 11:40AM

"The New Vista X is HERE and it's official.

We bet there will be many many questions but let's just sum the main things in a few points:

new electronics box - 2,5 times smaller;
new battery box;
new coil - deeper and with better separation;
wide discrimination - enables separation on poluted sites, including foil, pulltabs, cans etc.;
comfortable switching between ALL Metal, 2 Tone and ALT DISC modes - for both right and left-handed;
IP68 connectors with gold pins;
Waterproof connectors and an O-ring between the box and the front panel for even better isolation on humid weather;
1300 gr without batteries;

More interesting details and test videos COMING SOON!"

Works for me
April 19, 2019 02:24PM
Am actually quite excited by this New machine!

The ALT Disc seems like it might be [ a 2nd DISC circuit ] to Disc out bigger items e.g. cans acc to the blurb.

I'm thinking a X between some of the more expensive "Tesoro" models and "Troy X5" and a few others incl. their own models which lead up to the development of the "Vista X"

I'm guessing an MSRP of $875.00 (conjecture of course)

Of late I'm 'gone off' Meter ID machines preferring instead to (a) assess the site (b) contemplate the likely finds (c) decide the machine.
And as I like to search 'older stubble farm fields', I'm not expecting to encounter much modern rubbish thereby lessening the need for a Meter ID machine but instead to work by TONES and the "Vista X" has that feature.
Even though it's not out yet, I'd bet it'll be a real cracker with the "Vista 6" coil" in trash...modern sites...

Q: with the angular shaped coil on the "Vista X", do you think it [ could 'shape and focus' ] the Eddy Currents that bit sharper?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2019 02:30PM by Des D.
April 19, 2019 02:24PM
I wish it was a 3-4 Tone Detector as there is a lot of two tone models. That and good modulation would have set them apart.
I don't know why most non I.D. units are Two tone? I guess for hunting in iron but a couple more tones would have also made it a good coin hunter and set it apart. I guess they didn't listen to everybody.
April 19, 2019 02:44PM
I love the graphics on the faceplate!! SLICK for sure.

Sounds like they listened to Keith in particular. He has been wanting something like this from Tesoro on the Tejon platform for years.

I'm personally not a fan of S rods but this might be one to keep an eye out. That's a crazy looking coil though! I do like the carbon fiber look of the middle rod.
April 19, 2019 03:06PM
No pinpoint?
April 19, 2019 03:12PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> No pinpoint?

It was suggested to have one, but lack of room on the faceplate.......there are two toggle switches under the control box. Just guessing one may be a 3 position with one position being pinpoint. Pinpointing is not hard with DT units, it may not be needed....

Works for me
April 19, 2019 04:46PM
Looks and sounds like a souped up Tesoro...which ain't a bad thing.. no pinpoint, no problem. No tones, no problem.
All I would ask for is a good discrimination circuit, dig all signals non ferrous.
April 19, 2019 06:01PM
If the Shadow X5 had the separation capability I would still be using it. It's still the deepest detector I’ve used
(In my soil) and is still hard to beat away from the trash.

g
April 19, 2019 07:23PM
Yes its what a Tejon Could of been.

So I'm very very happy!

For the audiophile hunter the Deepetch's are in a league of their own on today's market for sure.

The 16Khz is also welcome.

One thing about DeepTechs that is they are all deep. and any freq seems hot on DEEEEEP silver to me in their line.

The extended disc range will now allow for mixed use sites where as I usually have to put the Vistas up once the trash becomes abundant on modern or modern mixed use sites.

On old iron sites to me the 15Khz up Vistas are as good as any machine produced for unmasking and or depth.they are XP-GMP league in that category.The new disc rnage with dual disc will allow for the more aggressive hunter to work those sites for more finds.We found out years ago how well a dual disc can work to even accurately isolate a certain target with the 1260 line then Tesoro followed suite with the Tejon..Now we have a Vista X using this tried and proven design.

The Tesoro Guys and I'm one of them will enjoy the expanded range disc for a more do it all unit.

We dont have alot of American options anymore besides Tesoro to hunt with audio feedback as our only compass.But what makes the DeepTech line so unique is the old school audio feel but with a modern twist in terms of dual tone with a break option and newer filtering for less masking and more depth in soil while still retaining audio intelligence in rejected items not becoming too noisy or distracting to the user to decipher good from bad.

A non metered user using a DeepTech for first time will see how well a good target sounds and how bad a junk target or alloys or wrinkled aluminum sounds.

The new styling of the unit does look more Modern and the weather proofing is a added bonus!Not that I care if it looked like it fell off a truck and got ran over as long as it works at the task in hand..but its nice to have a certain pride about your equipment and know its assembled correctly And know that Plamen Rashkov is moving forward with his effort !!

I have to admit the Graphics with the big red X looks great..I was asked to pick a name from a list of names as were some others and I thought X would really be the one to show that it was a different departure unit for Deeptech.I thought X was more tantalizing and gave it a new advanced line type feel.But never envisioned the X being so prominent and Eye catching Nice work---No--- GREAT WORK on the graphics when I first saw it was my thought!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2019 07:25PM
GeoW Wrote:
> Looks and sounds like a souped up Tesoro...which a
> in't a bad thing.. no pinpoint, no problem. No ton
> es, no problem.
> All I would ask for is a good discrimination circu
> it, dig all signals non ferrous.

Description says two tones

Works for me
Keith, could you explain how dual disc works?
April 19, 2019 07:41PM
I could use a schooling on that subject, Thanks!..... Also...Keith ....What unit that you've ever used is your ultimate un-masker?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2019 08:10PM by ozzie.
April 19, 2019 08:03PM
Des D Wrote:

> I'm guessing an MSRP of $875.00 (conjecture of cou
> rse)
>
I've lost more money on Deeptech detectors that I bought and sold than I have on other brands. They DON"T hold their value. It's a beep and dig detector with a short warranty, not a big screen TV. When the new wears off, they're hard to get rid of because the average person doesn't know what to do with all those knobs and switches. Hopefully, the price won't be too outlandish. If it is, I don't think that the average person will buy a non-waterproof beep and dig detector over the Equinox at the same price point.

tabman
April 19, 2019 09:27PM
GeoW Wrote:
> Looks and sounds like a souped up Tesoro...which a
> in't a bad thing.. no pinpoint, no problem. No ton
> es, no problem.
> All I would ask for is a good discrimination circuit
> it, dig all signals non ferrous.

Very good thoughts George!

Yes till now Deeptech range has been dig all signals above iron.Now we have the X model to be more inline with the American models and to appeal to the ones that like Tesoro analog non meter type units etc..Now with the X we can disc out foils or tabs etc like any other Disc circuit American's and even most of the world are used to..So we can hunt in more MODERN trash areas and still decimate a iron ridden site if budget only allows for one unit and the main emphasis of need for the unit is iron dissection.

I've never been strapped MOST anywhere hunting with a Tejon/Bandido/Musky etc over a metered machine if I just rely on the meter machine proper ID to tell me what to dig.Dry run hunts especially when I'm after big brass and silver in a trashy area.say meter reading above 80..Well a a non metered disc setting of say 8 would accomplish the same thing as it always has for decades on non metered units.

Ill continue some thoughts on Ozzie's question below.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
April 19, 2019 09:59PM
I own two Deeptechs, VGG and smart plus. Love both with the VGG getting most the work. This new one like Keith said is what a Tejon should have been. Now if they would only make a 6in concentric for it, the worst iron sites would open up even more. Thank you Deeptech for listening to us american hunters and giving us something to look forward to.
Re: Keith, could you explain how dual disc works?
April 19, 2019 10:12PM
ozzie Wrote:
> I could use a schooling on that subject, Thanks!..
> ... Also...Keith ....What unit that you've ever us
> ed is your ultimate un-masker?

Hello Ozzie!

Dual Disc is nothing new and never used a whole lot on machines in the past.But the Fisher 12XX series and Tejon and probably one or two here or there maybe used it like a D-Tex or Garrett but slips my mind and the moment.

Its no advanced circuit etc you can add it to any analog controlled unit with an extra pot and toggle switch.But what it does do is offer some ID ability without addinga meter or even multi-tones etc.

One thing you can do and I've done it before on say depleted sites of silver coins, copper etc.Is to set first disc at right at edge of Nickle rejection..have it accept it clean but right on edge of about to disc it out..Then set second disc right at edge of Shield or Buffalo Jefferson Nickle rejection just where it clips it out..Now you have a very tight better than a factory applied window for ID of nickles.Since your on say a older period site that's been cherry picked for say silver and copper but has a more modern trash overlay .You can then get a hit switch to second disc and if its still there its not a nickle if its silent or starting to break up it can very well be Old Buff or V or Shield.Since the window isso tight less trash will be right in that small spot of disc point.A reverse Notch if you will.

You can do the same with say just war nickles since they wont read like a nickle on a visual ID you can set up just for those.

Or you can Set up for 2 dollar gold or 5 dollar gold or Injuns or even fattys or flying Eagle the types of things that get left from the high coin hunters in trash.

Or yuo can be at a picnic area etc with an abundance of say any type of pull tabs showing up and want to remove jewelry (as you know it can read anywhere) coins etc but not the most abundant style of the tabs..well you can create a narrow notch for that tab..then when you hear it on Disc one and its broken or gone on Disc 2 you know its that tab youve tuned for.

Or if you want to cherry silver or big brass from aluminum you can run low disc and set disc 2 to reject Zincs and when you get the tight tones or bigger smooth sounds you can cross check with disc 2 and know its a good high reading like silver or big brass buckles etc.

Now like a ID unit its only good for isolated targets or accurate ID to a certain target to a depth.

Its not as easy as say a glance at a meter but its still quite productive and on the fly adjustments can be made..

I have a certain rule I go by when hunting and its always work it down form high to low...if its an old site and its worthy of a total beat down I dig all signals above a bent nail.Like a Period Civil War or Colonial site ..But if its a fresh to me and other's site I first get the best stuff that someone else will get it if I dont like buckles silver etc..the full range disc on the X will help this as till now with a Vista series on a fresh site i dont use a Vista for first pull I use it for depleted site hunts..

On a mixed use site like a civil war site that's been in constant habitation or use for its life that has caused trash to become mixed on top of the stuff I like to dig is even more of a challenge and for sure I want to go high to low conductance. And may never go too low if its really trashy and not producing what I want( Confederate) or in enough quantity to keep at it.BUT back to the Dual disc option just like a Visual ID I could grab a say Confederate Cast I button and set machine up to accept it and reject it with the dual disc..then I would have the tightest ID window i can get to work through some trashy stuff and up my odds on a Reb button..

Now all of this is just like any ID system its limited like I said earlier to intermingles and depth etc..but we will have a tight notch window on a analog dial Vs a say ID on a digital display..

As far as Best I've used for dissecting/unmasking iron..well there's some good ones.

Toned Version's
GMP
DTVGG
DEUS
Anfibio 19

Single Tone
Tejon
Lobo ST
Modded Cibola
Classic whites 3/IDX

But as far as the best iron un-masker I've ever used its the Tejon..it just needed some more features like iron tone and revamp of battery draw.Now that's just me and in my dirt and the way I'm able to make it talk to me or should I say the way it makes me listen..I just always wanted more rejected target info and for it to offer better disc when a DD was attached to it.Tesoros work great with a Concentric but are sort of not up to snuff with a DD ..And I need DDs in my red clay at times.You can tell they were not built to run DD's in their DNA.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Hmmmm,,, very very interesting :smile: