Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X)) 6-2-19 Airtest numbers for X (6-4-19) Vista X rundown Video and thoughts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
jak135 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the X. Just not sure I'd use the second D
> ISC. Don't want to stop and push the trigger forw
> ard each time, either.
> I would prefer, if it could be done, a second and
> third adjustable V-break. Would allow me to set d
> ifferent tones for each range.
> Kind of like a 3-tone, 4-tone settings but I get t
> o define break points.

If your a coin and jewelry hunter you will use the two disc controls. Using them set properly the way I do, its like having a third tone. Helps classify a target.
Also found that coins have a crisper narrow clean tone vs. canslaw and other junk. Give away is when pinpointing. Coins and similar good targets will gently fade away audio wise when you back the coil off. Junk will give a slightly abrupt high/low tone just as the coil is backed off the target. I can now tell about 90% this junk tone is junk, like canslaw. And not dig it. Dug my share and now and then dig some more to double check and confirm. Dig enough junk and coins and you will quickly be able to hear a coin target pop out at you. I hunt trashy school yards, the one I hit yesterday was a nightmare, canslaw everywhere at around 4-5" as well as iron junk. The second school after awhile of hunting with around 45 Gain and 45 Threshold which is running into the noise, I cut way back on the Gain 25-35 and threshold to be almost silent. The Vista X runs really quiet. (Listen up Tesoro users). Ran it this way for about the last 2 hours hunting. Wanted to see how much depth loss I would see over the high Gain /Threshold settings. Didn't see too much difference, still found coins and pull tabs to 7". At this site, nothing will be found deeper from this school. Again, sure wished I had a smaller coil on to handle the junk everywhere. Hoping the 7" concentric comes out soon. Or even the 5"DD..........................

I will post on my website shortly my pdf. file how I use the two disc controls. It's a bit different than you would normally set it up. [www.treasurelinx.com] If you get a Vista X it will be supplied on the Jump drive with the owners manual etc. DeepTech supplies with the Vista X.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Keith Southern Wrote:

>
> Yes FOR ME the X is really really MY FIT.Its just
> a classic feel with modern options added!So its a
> win win.
>
> I like simple set up units hate to tweak and or pr
> ogram units.I just want to hunt and make finds but
> want to be able to know everything going on under
> the coil and this is perfect for ME..Its what I al
> way's wanted a Tejon to be and more!
>
> Keith

I have a had time stopping detecting when I use the Vista X. Put about 5 hours on it yesterday. The X fits me pretty well, too. Glad I held off on getting another brand beeper, as they seemed to be lacking in my needs. The Tesoro Tejon was going to be a choice after having two in the past. It just wasn't really ideal, had its short comings. And some of the other DeepTechs were in my thoughts having had the Vista Gold. So holding off and waiting for the Vista X to be finalized was worth the wait. And the X set-up, is fast and quick. Just turn it on, ground balance and go detecting. That is if your going to use the settings from the last hunt. The X puts fun back into detecting.

Works for me
Yeah on a analog unit it is doable but would need the third tone.

I like the way the GMP does the three tone, it break's 3rd tone at zinc and is stationary then you control the 1st to second Via knob.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Sven HI!

Yes the X has a fun factor to it and takes you back to the days of old but gives us a modern twist also.

I was typing out a reply on another forum and something hit me and I will share my brief description.

The Vista X Gives ME the feel that I am at one with the soil with the unit instead of feeling like I do alot of times with some machines that your disconnected from the soil by a artificial barrier.

The X and other DeepTechs and even some other machines in general create a direct link to the soil that is Very fluid.Some units dont do this, they give you the feel that there is a buffer between the soil and you.

X is a great resonator.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Man that’s DEEEEP Keith! I get it though, I hope that X of yours is just as deep!

Yeah that GOLDMAXX POWER is one underrated machine, I’m hoping you get a smaller coil for that X Keith, to see how really does in the carpets of nails. The GMP just w the 8”, really does a incredible job.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2019 05:07PM by Aaron.
Yes I hope to see a small coil.Im sure its coming.

But just like on the GMP dont let the bigger coil scare you out of iron on the X, the octagon 11 is very sleuthy in iron.Its more than just visual aesthetic's on the end of the rod!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
DT has the 7" concentric in the works as well as the 5"DD for those that like a smaller coil for some precision work.

Thinking about heading to the beach this weekend, very early, really want to see how the X handles the dry fresh water beach sand that has magnetic black sand mixed in. This sand usually affects many detectors performance in disc mode.

Works for me
Sven1 Wrote:
> DT has the 7" concentric in the works as well as t
> he 5"DD for those that like a smaller coil for som
> e precision work.
>
> Thinking about heading to the beach this weekend,
> very early, really want to see how the X handles t
> he dry fresh water beach sand that has magnetic bl
> ack sand mixed in. This sand usually affects many
> detectors performance in disc mode.

Let us know how that goes Sven,,, I have the same type of beach here with magnetite mixed in the sand and it messes with a lot of units I’ve used out there. Will be interesting to hear how it does.
Vista X detector preorders being taken. See FM forum classifieds section for details.
Finally got to take the X out yesterday for 2hrs to old park (200+yrs) There’s a specific area w a lot of big nails and other iron I’ve found a lot good old items. Very difficult to find anything good anymore, at this point this specific area I’m digging ALL non-fe, even some big iron, just to get it out. Again being the first time out, I spent more time examining audio than actual digging. I do find the audio on this machine very unique and informative. I understand now why Keith is so crazy about the X. Though I didn’t find any keepers I did find several very small non-fe targets among the iron.
When you get the machine, you receive w a USB plug in w instructions, all videos including Keith’s. Also, included is Sven’s coin/jewelry disc settings, which I used yesterday.
#1 half of a child’s (aluminum) zipper handle w silk ribbon attached @ 5” w a rusty screw and 2.5” nail.
#2 a tiny piece of lead (size of the top of pencil eraser) @ 4” in hole w 2” nail. That one was a bugger to find in the dirt!
This audio of a non-fe among fe is very distinctive, it’s a blending or as Keith says “blendy” mixed low/high tone.
The machine really hits HARD on small targets. Not used to audio depth yet, but had one really hard hit, still cut a 6” deep sqaure plug w my shovel. It was a beaver tail on edge on the side of the bottom of the plug.
Also, I have to say, I had dug 2 holes both 12-14” deep, both w good repeatable signals. I had to bail on both unfortunately, as I was gaining a audience. (be back later...)
I was running the GAIN @ 45, the preset marker w no EMI interference.
I have a feeling this machine will have no problem hitting a dime @ 10”
The dual disc systems really cool the way you can set up really small or tight windows, depending on what you want to look for.
I really like the build of this machine, very light and the carbon fiber w locking clamps is really nice. I’m still getting used to holding the switch forward while swinging in the heavy iron areas. I’m not crazy about the S-pole, never really preferred them, however the balance is good. This sqaure coil really seems to pinpoint exceptionally good.
I’ll be taking the X and the EQX to a really old farm site this weekend, tons on iron there. I only wish the X had small coil for heavy iron. However, from what little I’ve seen so far the stock coil is no slouch. The good stuff dried up there years ago, I’ll make sure to bring my deep digging shovel...

Aaron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 01:58AM by Aaron.
Brought the X to early 1800’s farm site I’ve been pounding since 2011. One of my best sites ever, has produced all kinds of coins, buttons and relics from early 1800’s on. It has though long since dried up. The CTX didn’t leave much behind. Since then I’ve brought the DEUS, IMPACT. TONS of iron here. Yesterday I found the Imperial Orange flat button (early mid 1800’s) 9” down, it hit HARD, it fooled me as I thought it was maybe 6” at most. It turned out to be on its side, on the side of the bottom of the plug. There was a nail above it too and threw off my pinpointing, unfortunately grazed the button. Never scratched a button before, I’m bummed!
Found out from Keith the little striped button, (missing shank )is a geometric style common for the period on dresses etc..
He didn’t say what period,,,LOL. Was only 5” down however it was mixed in w iron, was only a few yards away from the flat button, hit really hard too. Up to 10hrs on this machine and learning very quickly. VERY IMPRESSED w it’s power especially on small items and it’s ability to unmask and perform w ease in iron!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2019 10:47PM by Aaron.
Latest Deeptech Vista X video....

[youtu.be]

Aaron Wrote:
> Latest Deeptech Vista X video....
>
> [youtu.be]

That video didn't really show anything unusual. Any good detector will perform just as well in the same situation.
I thought it was damn impressive.
Badger in NH Wrote:
> Aaron Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Latest Deeptech Vista X video....
> >
> > [youtu.be]
>
>
> That video didn't really show anything unusual. Any
> good detector will perform just as well in the
>same situation

I would like to see that. Can you give us a demonstration?
Many of videos show the same... but you can feel difference in real life. Smooth audio. Crisp respond and good performance. Everything you need.
Shelton Wrote:
> Many of videos show the same... but you can feel d
> ifference in real life. Smooth audio. Crisp respon
> d and good performance. Everything you need.

Agreed.

Got the X coil over it’s first class ring today in the 90 degree heat. No big deal only a inch down. 1977 sterling silver. From one of the local colleges. Gonna try to find the owner.

Nice find! Good luck on tracking down the owner.thumbs down HH jim tn
Are his initials inside the ring?
No unfortunately. Not sure how to locate the owner...

Hmmmmmm. Jostin's or Ballifor (bad spelling) may be able to help. You have: Year, Birthstone, Mascot, ring size, Man's, Silver...… and maybe a few clues in the design (to possibly include owners initials...… well hidden). If none of this pans out............… Looks like you are the new owner!
Hmm, yes the ring is a Balfour. Good idea Tom, thanks!

5 Inch coil coming soon for the X quote from Rosi Georgieva

''next week will be tested the first - 5" round with new design. Air test today - 32 cm for 18 mm nickel coin. Is good smiling smiley ? On 30 cm very strong signal''
GREAT NEWS!
BRING IT
I bet Keith will be as happy as a pig in slop to hear this!
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2019 05:42PM by Aaron.
[www.findmall.com]

Impressive depth for that small coil
[www.findmall.com]

Works for me