Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X)) 6-2-19 Airtest numbers for X (6-4-19) Vista X rundown Video and thoughts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X))
June 01, 2019 09:09PM
580 Euro. And machine work smooth... also fast and with very good deep. Audio is sweet.
Re: You American hunter's may want to keep any eye on this! ((DeepTech Vista -X))
June 02, 2019 01:14AM
Some errands to run this morning, early afternoon weather called for powerful rain and thunderstorm, wind warning. It arrived shortly after we arrived back home.
Lots of water on the ground everywhere.......by 6PM decided to do some extensive Air Testing, to better understand the detector and how it will function. Glad I did!!!!

These favored settings will be what I will start with at my first hunt, hopefully tomorrow.

==================================================================================================================

Overall the Vista X favored depth wise these conductors Lead, Gold, Brass, Copper over Silver.
These were used for testing.
Gold rings, nuggets, coin.
Silver coins—sterling/coin silver, silver rings, silver charms, 3” sterling silver dish
US, Canadian, Australian, European and middle east coinage in various metal compositions and sizes.
Brass bullet casings, lead musketballs, lead seals, copper dog tag

Trash—wrought iron nails large and small, canslaw, foil, bottle caps, various pull tabs, other steel junk and bolts-screws, juice bottle liners, pencil eraser casings, etc.

After about 3 hours, came up with settings that favored my hunting style. A good learning experience finding out how the Vista X can be set up and what happens at different settings.
I feel better prepared when I go out for my first hunt rather than going blind as I would have today. Due to some errands and rain this afternoon todays hunt was postponed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found these settings to be a good gold jewelry hunting and overall coin hunting program.

2 Tone Gives a mixed high low tone in Disc 1, high tone in Alt 2 –--on small thin gold rings and foil. Also on many of the modern Canadian clad coins lying flat mixed tone, if on edge high tone on Alt 2.

Disc 1----- set at 30.3
Alt Disc----set at 25.6

Iron Volume ---set at 50 (max)

Headphone/speaker volume--- set at 3.0, headphone volume then controled by headphones

Threshold----set at 30.1
Gain-----------set at 50(max)

Also, seems to get a bit better depth with
Threshold ---- set at 35.8
Gain------------set at 34.9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ground balancing to a plastic penny tube full of black magnetic sand. Found the Vista X sees high conductors right thru it when placed on the vial—gold rings, coins. No appreciative loss of air test depth. No downgrading of higher conductors towards the iron range or low tone. Remains high tone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeping all the above settings except for Threshold and Gain

Threshold----set at 50.0 (max)
Gain---------- set at 0 (min)

Runs with somewhat smooth stable low volume background noise. Saturated audio to about 6” on a gold ring, then modulated to about 12”. Seems to provide about a 2” boost in depth.

Shallow Hunting to about 6-8” on a gold ring
Threshold----set at 0 (min)
Gain------------set at 50.0 (max)

Shallow hunting to about 6” on a gold ring, detector runs totally quiet
Threshold---set at 25
Gain----------set at 25

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2019 10:45AM by Sven1.
Airtest numbers and disc points for the X
June 02, 2019 03:12AM
50 gain and threshold 40 all potentiometers go zero to 50..disc point is where it just drops out

AIRTEST DEPTH
Nickle 14.5"
Indian Head 13"
Z Penny 13"
Copper Penny 12.5"
Clad Dime 12.25"
Silver Dime 12.25"
Silver Quarter 14"
Half Dollar 15.25"
Silver Dollar 16.5"
.58 Cal. 3 Ringer 13.5
C.S.A. Rectangle 23"
U.S. Oval 25"
Breast Plate 23"

DISC POINTS WHERE JUST GONE

Nickle 34
Indian Head 38.5
Z Penny 39
Copper Penny 43
Clad Dime 44.5
Silver Dime 45
Silver Quarter 46
Half Dollar 48
Silver Dollar 50 still solid
Coke Can flat 45
Square tab 34

The X has very good Disc actually a sweet disc its gone when its gone on the dial just today I set my second disc on 38.5 to low/high tone a .58 caliber three ringer and hunted in a trashy area and picked some deep 3 ringers out by checking on second disc and if the tone was flip flopping I almost KNEW it was a bullet!!

You can set the 2nd disc to break up (flip flop from low to high tone) on a target which I like for exactness or silence the target or accept etc..

If you dont want to hear a low tone for disc'ed items just turn the iron volume to zero.then its a single tone with full disc on either first or second disc.

You can use both disc to create a notch window if you like to your exact requirements say nickles.Set first disc right below nickle and second disc right above or on edge of breaking then you have a user defined notch to check a target with .

You push trigger forward to use second disc and pull for a all metal no tone accept all mode like a pinpoint.theres 2 triggers for either right or left hand operation.

Machine is on 12 Volts with Drop in battery holder like say a Infinium with quarter turn door.

The Gain control is the receive gain.A amplifier for the returned signal and can be tweaked for hot ground or more benign ground

The Threshold is the depth/target size control and decides how weak a signal you can hear the lower you set it the more signal it takes to break though the higher you set it up to a point of say 45 the less signal it takes to over come it.even in deep woods EMI free areas you will overdrive it into instability as a sizzling chatter..Im running it right on edge of sizzle for best depth and even smallest of targets.

The I've dug no big iron with the X since running it now about 25 hours.Even in my big iron sites.I hear it but know its iron by the way the tones sound even n just nail reject.of 20.And picked brass out of the sites of all shapes and sizes.

Crown caps also sound ratty.

The knobs are very tight and you can set them and wont bump them out of tuning..One thing to show the exactness of the disc is I can cancel a flattened beer can and still hit a Quarter Clean

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2019 03:15AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Airtest numbers and disc points for the X
June 02, 2019 03:39AM
Very nice report Keith!
Looking forward to seeing how the X stacks up against the GOLDMAXX POWER.

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
Re: Airtest numbers and disc points for the X
June 02, 2019 12:26PM
Nice post, nice air test.
Had EMI from my computer and what else in my office workshop last night . Since moving to a high rise from a house, no longer have the luxury of a large EMI free basement office/workshop.
My air test depth was somewhat less than yours.
Took my X into another room, very early this morning before 6am. Pretty quite, no EMI. Grabbed some coins, re-did some air tests, and found they are more like Keith's.
Looks like the bad stormy weather has blown over, but cold, high winds drying the grass out. Sun could be out within an hour, maybe. Guess I will head out shortly for a hunt with the X.

Works for me
Vista X rundown Video and thoughts
June 04, 2019 10:22PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: Vista X rundown Video and thoughts
June 05, 2019 01:48AM
Great video Keith i look forward to getting my Vista X
June 05, 2019 05:11PM
I saw on one of the videos yesterday, I think it was Ziggy that said “the Vista X passed all the tests and only machine to do so at the show in Germany”

Can someone enlighten me as to that statement?

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
It means the Nox is obseleted.lol
June 05, 2019 06:34PM
Aaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw on one of the videos yesterday, I think it w
> as Ziggy that said “the Vista X passed all the tes
> ts and only machine to do so at the show in German
> y”
>
> Can someone enlighten me as to that statement?
>
> Aaron

Um.
Passed all the test. Only one to do so.
Which tests?
Okay I’ll bite.
If a 16khz detector can keep up or surpass as detector (won’t say which one) running at 18 kHz or 28 kHz in iron looking for relics then Deep Tech folks have created something very special.
Wonder why the use of 16 kHz ?
Reckon it has anything to do with being able to give a decent range of disc ( for us Americans)?

The coil shape. Interesting.
Wonder why no other manufacturer has discovered?
Again another shocking discovery by the deep tech folks? Unless of course some thing is being sacrificed vs using a round coil of equivalent size.

I’ll keep watching.
June 05, 2019 06:44PM
Is very simple. Just look for Keith video... you have new vs old on the same target.
June 05, 2019 08:16PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:

> Wonder why the use of 16 kHz ?
> Reckon it has anything to do with being able to give a decent range of disc ( for us Americans)?

Lmao!!

Now that’s F’ing funny!!
June 08, 2019 03:58AM
]Aaron Wrote:
> I saw on one of the videos yesterday, I think it w
> as Ziggy that said “the Vista X passed all the tes
> ts and only machine to do so at the show in German
> y”
>
> Can someone enlighten me as to that statement?
>
> Aaron

This statement.....

Send me one. I’ll check it out and post about and do some videos. If Deus and Eqx were in the mix and such a bold statement is made and is actually true. Then it shouldn’t take me long to lock on to some old 1700s and 1800s finds in this area I have. Never been a detect x or gold gain in this area. So it should be easy to see the magic of the X detector. When I’m Done with it I ship to wherever the sender tells me to. At my expense.
Can’t beat that deal with a stick.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 11:45AM by tnsharpshooter.
Note to DEEP TECH: Please Cease and Desist any further reports on the DT Vista X----you are causing tremors and night sweats amongst the Groupies.
doc holiday Wrote:
> Note to DEEP TECH: Please Cease and Desist any fur
> ther reports on the DT Vista X----you are causing
> tremors and night sweats amongst the Groupies.

Ha Ha Ha !!! With this crowd, these tremors and night sweats could turn into a real health problem, may even be lethal....then, who will buy the stuff?
Here’s video posted May 15 it seems.
Ziggy’s
Demonstrating alternative disc use.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 02:18PM by tnsharpshooter.
Just a note Richard at Backwoods is dropping the DT line of detectors. I think He might reconsider if he gets 10 pre-orders, which allows a better discount plus cheaper shipping.

Alternative USA DT dealer is [thegoldladystore.com]

Just letting everyone know in case they are interested in purchasing.

Works for me
Sven1 Wrote:
> Just a note Richard at Backwoods is dropping the D
> T line of detectors. I think He might reconsider i
> f he gets 10 pre-orders, which allows a better dis
> count plus cheaper shipping.
>
> Alternative USA DT dealer is [thegoldladysto]
> re.com/
>
> Just letting everyone know in case they are intere
> sted in purchasing.

He told me the same thing, the shipping, etc. charges is not cost effective unless he buys several at a time. I was looking forward to getting an X from him at some point but soon as my funds come in from the woods/swamp that we just sold I am getting the Vista Gold Gain that he has which will be fine with me as I really liked the regular Vista Gold.
Alright Ziggy.
Let’s see you compare Gold Gain unit to detector X model using same test as shown here and post video please.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 02:39AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 10, 2019 04:21AM
Shelton Wrote:
> Is very simple. Just look for Keith video... you h
> ave new vs old on the same target.

EXACTLY!!

Remember frequency is not everything its how the detector is filtered and what controls you have over it.The X is not like any other in the Vista series in what you have control of.

It has a Gain control that controls the front end so you can control hot soil saturation of return signal and has the Threshold for depth and sizing.Think of gain as a signal balance.winking smiley

It punches hot soil very very very well.

I see a few on here that are skeptical but there's alot of time and effort went into the design of the machine.Not just some opened up disc range on a older existing product

This is one of the reasons it took awhile to build.Yes it took awhile to get it right.Its a multi tasker as of now.

longer and advanced user's will like it more and get the most out of it than a screen generation .

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 10, 2019 05:04AM
Here you have the same idea. Smart Plus vs Vista X.
[youtu.be]
How's the audio modulation as hard to tell from your video Keith?
I do like the analog tone quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 01:53PM by Harold,ILL..
Very Very Modulated Harold.Like old school machines.The audio traits are everything and very dimensional..that's why I like the DeepTechs the old school sound .

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Hi Keith
You seem to get a better signal response to the 10 inch dime with the Gold Gain when you tested it in your Gold Gain video maybe the soil was damp in the other video ?

Gold Gain 10 inch dime
Yeah sanjuro my test garden is hot and cold actually right now as of late the ground is sort of wet as we have had a good bit of rain this spring.

It may dry out and the Gain do better than the X then??

I sort of like to play with test beds just for the reason you mention it shows how at certain times machines change on same targets.some get better some get worse.Then everything flips again.But I do know a test bed limitations.

Sort of like a gamble on deep stuff even by time of year moon cycles etc..LOL.

X's Freq might be right for the soil at this dampness.

My G2+ with 11" was hitting the dime well till recently now I cant even get it to grunt on it so may be the higher up the freq we go in damp soil and mineral to boot it starts to suffer.

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Some folks may find info in this link helpful.
[www.findmall.com]
I will add this here to keep it in the X thread.A question on another thread from Aaron.

Aaron Wrote:
> Hey Keith!!!
>
> How many hours do you have on that X now?
>
> Seems like your really at one with it.....

Lots of hours Aaron..well past 100 I'd say..I know I'm on my 5th set of batteries by subtracting from whats left in my 100 brick i bought.[www.amazon.com]

Yes FOR ME the X is really really MY FIT.Its just a classic feel with modern options added!So its a win win.

I like simple set up units hate to tweak and or program units.I just want to hunt and make finds but want to be able to know everything going on under the coil and this is perfect for ME..Its what I alway's wanted a Tejon to be and more!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
I like the X. Just not sure I'd use the second DISC. Don't want to stop and push the trigger forward each time, either.
I would prefer, if it could be done, a second and third adjustable V-break. Would allow me to set different tones for each range.
Kind of like a 3-tone, 4-tone settings but I get to define break points.