Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Somebody’s pop’in off on Findmall.....

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Somebody’s pop’in off on Findmall.....
April 17, 2019 11:40PM
It’s been brought to my attention, as some of you are already aware, that some idiot is bad mouthing a friend of ours on the Beach Hunting forum on Findmall.

I say we tag time this bozo.....

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
Re: Somebody’s pop’in off on Findmall.....
April 18, 2019 12:05AM
Findmall deletes and bans everyone he will be gone soon enough.
April 18, 2019 02:14AM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Findmall deletes and bans everyone he will be gone
> soon enough.

Man, that's the truth. I got the hook for calling out Windy City Detectors for selling long range locators. Not on the forums, but IN A PM! Apparently WCD's new owner went tattling to mommy when I called him out privately.
April 18, 2019 06:02AM
Very few negatives I can say about this forum, but one would be that PMs are easy to overlook.

You overlooked the one I sent you last month about this, Champ. I can tell because it shows as not read.

Sorry you got the boot, Champ.

Your post here explains a couple things. Glad to hear it wasn't Ron Shore selling the LRL. I dealt with him a couple times way back and he didn't impress me as a swindler.

"Elton" was a good man and a fair moderator. We shared enjoyable chats and he is very missed over at that other forum since his sudden and unexpected passing. That's all I'm going to say.winking smiley
April 18, 2019 06:56AM
Why does anyone care what happens on Findmall. Posting about what someone on another forum said about tom is childish, to say the least.
April 18, 2019 07:51AM
Friends have one another's backs. Let any one of my friends get jumped by somebody. You can bet they are gonna have me to deal with too. I've got blood that ain't family and family that ain't blood. Childish or not, I don't really give a crap. It's how I roll.
April 18, 2019 11:20AM
Lesson from Champ’s experience. There are no PRIVATE messages on web forums, the forum owners have total visibility of all forum activity, including your profile, PM’s whatever. I can’t be bothered to dig into it, but I expect that they have total data rights to anything you publish per their terms of service.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
April 18, 2019 12:55PM
marcomo, you are dead on. I had multiple PM's here that I hadn't noticed dating back to last year. My apologies to you and others for my oversight! I will correct that immediately.

And yes, Ron Stone was a great guy to deal with. My post of "Surprised" (or something like that) on the posting of the lrl was just that. Was happy to learn that Ron had nothing to do with it.

And yes, our community lost a good one when Elton passed away. It is my great loss that I never met the man.
April 18, 2019 01:15PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Lesson from Champ’s experience. There are no PRIV
> ATE messages on web forums, the forum owners have
> total visibility of all forum activity, including
> your profile, PM’s whatever. I can’t be bothered
> to dig into it, but I expect that they have total
> data rights to anything you publish per their term
> s of service.

That is entirely dependent on the forum software used. Most software doesnt allow PM access to anyone outside the sender or receiver. The FM software DOES allow it. I was banned there years ago (old user account) because I dared to disagree with Guvner in a PM to a friend. Long history there of bans for PM, or public words against G or any admin, or admin friends, or sponsors

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
April 18, 2019 01:39PM
Find mall has strict rules regarding criticizing another member. Elton chastised me when I made a joke about a member. Elton actually apologized for coming on so strong when he replied to my apology for my remarks. Absolutely no nonsense allowed!
April 18, 2019 02:59PM
Kraemer Wrote:
> Find mall ...... Absolutely no nonsense allowed!

Except to allow scams to separate the intellectually challenged from their money. So long as they are a paid advertiser, that is.

Sorry, but I will not stand by and let pseudoscientific nonsense go unchallenged. Especially when someone is getting ripped off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2019 03:00PM by Champ Ferguson.
April 18, 2019 03:50PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Lesson from Champ’s experience. There are no PRIVATE messages on web forums, the forum owners have total visibility of all forum activity, including your profile, PM’s whatever. I can’t be bothered
> to dig into it, but I expect that they have total data rights to anything you publish per their terms of service.

FM has been constantly called out over the years for reading PMs, and not only reading them but invoking actions based on their content.

Shady, yes, but it's their sandbox......has anyone seen my stapler?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2019 03:51PM by Cal_cobra.
April 18, 2019 03:56PM
Elton is definitely missed, the only mod of reason @FM. He chastised me once, actually more of a FYI that another member was struggling and wanting to lay low. Once I ack'd that, the next five PMs were all about detecting thumbs down
April 18, 2019 06:56PM
Findmall and the post in question are two separate issues. The OP in the thread had an issue with Tom and his price. Tom is more than capable of defending himself. Or perhaps he sees it for what it is. Nothing but an irrelevant post.
April 18, 2019 06:58PM
Yeah looks like the Guv deleted that thread, and just when NaultiNeli started in and things got interesting.

Oh well good riddance.

April 18, 2019 07:17PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Yeah looks like the Guv deleted that thread, and j
> ust when NaultiNeli started in and things got inte
> resting.
>
> Oh well good riddance.

Yes, it appears to be gone now. But before it was deleted, there was nothing but support for Tom D. And to the basic concept that if someone wants to charge for their services (lessons, hunting for your lost things, etc...) that there's nothing wrong with that.
OBN
April 18, 2019 08:23PM
I reported it to my friend who is a mod over there, totally out of context for the beach and water forum. Thanks Vlad.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
April 18, 2019 08:28PM
Thanks Joe I had sent Gary a message as well. Awwww back to normal.... peace on earth
April 18, 2019 08:37PM
Yeah fired one off to the moderator too.

Hope he got a tongue lashing!

April 18, 2019 10:06PM
The guy made a lot of friends & got famous didn't he.------Adios Stone Head!
April 18, 2019 10:49PM
Yeah, Del, ole Stoney had few posts for the amount of time he had been a member there, but he'll have even less now, I suspect. HH jim tn
April 19, 2019 12:47AM
Very clickish over there at FM....rest in peace Elton...a gentleman he was.