Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

monster hoard downgraded to 2.5 million

Posted by diggers 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
monster hoard downgraded to 2.5 million
April 18, 2019 01:38PM
Re: monster hoard downgraded to 2.5 million
April 18, 2019 01:49PM
I wonder what the penalty would be if a guy tried to keep a valuable find secret and avoid having the queen claim ownership. To me it would be tempting to do so. So glad the government here has no such BS.
April 18, 2019 06:21PM
It's a completely different situation there. Archies are SOBs everywhere (IMHO). They have a lock on most of our key historical sites and the media support for their disinformation (IMHO) that we ruin and they preserve history. As they have more than 10 times the historic finds there, the pressure for regulating is much greater. They are in the process of making things tougher there, I hope they fail. We are getting progressively more un-American laws and regulations. I fear it's only a matter of time before we are as bad or worse than the current state of our foreign cousins.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 18, 2019 06:33PM
Kraemer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what the penalty would be if a guy tried
> to keep a valuable find secret and avoid having th
> e queen claim ownership. To me it would be temptin
> g to do so. So glad the government here has no suc
> h BS.

BINGO ! You are right. I would MUCH RATHER a cache or hoard like that be strictly between me and farmer-Bob, to decide what we want to do with. Yet for some strange reason, a lot of USA hunters seem to think the British UK system is somehow to be desired ? They have some mistaken notion that there is a lovey-hand-holding between archies and md'rs there. And that their system somehow "opens up" off-limits sites. Nothing could be further from the truth. They have just as many off-limits sensitive monument sites there, as they do here.

Why would anyone want the government meddling in some sort of brokerage sale of what you find ? Here in the USA, that's totally between you and farmer Bob how much you can sell it for, and how you split it. Why would anyone want it any differently ?
April 20, 2019 03:43PM
Kraemer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder what the penalty would be if a guy tried
> to keep a valuable find secret and avoid having th
> e queen claim ownership. To me it would be temptin
> g to do so. So glad the government here has no suc
> h BS.

heres some guys who are facing jail over some finds they sold off on the quiet

[www.dailymail.co.uk]