Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Long Range Locaters?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Long Range Locaters?
April 21, 2019 08:25PM
LOL...Like I said I stay away from the dowsing or water-witching, whatever you call it. Doesnt apply to me. Back to the question, dont waste your money on any fancy gizmo, long range locator.
Long Range Locators ?
April 22, 2019 05:09AM
Not on my equipment list.

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
April 22, 2019 11:24AM
I had an uncle who used to witch wells using forked limbs. Hey..... ive had my hands on them..... and i have no idea how .... but something seems to make them pull hard. Put them back in position... walk back over the same spot and it works again. He seemed very knowledgable to the point of tell you how far down water was and the size of the vain. I know ..... dig deep enough and you will hit water. But it seemed .... like us with detectors... he learned it. He never did the digging..... but a lot of people got his help.

Dew
April 22, 2019 08:33PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack Sparrow had one....

LMAO drinking smiley
April 24, 2019 10:50PM
CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow! Now that everyone has proven that "witching" and long range locators are bogus, can someone explain how an Ouji board works?
April 25, 2019 12:18AM
Great question......I don't go there with those Ouji boards...too many bad spirits.
April 25, 2019 12:58AM
Picketwire Wrote:
> ... Now that everyone has prove
> n that "witching" and long range locators are bogu
> s, can someone explain how an Ouji board works?

Haha, well the FIRST thing that the dowse & LRL advocates will quickly say, is that the power/ability of dowsing is NOT supernatural, mystical or whatever. Because the MOMENT they would say that, is the MOMENT it enters into the realm of spooks, etc....

Thus they'll try to attribute the movement of the rods to some sort of "attraction". And will insist it's utterly scientific and physical in nature. Of course, they have utterly no explanation for how that science works. So they'll conveniently attribute it to "undiscovered science". Just as in science once thought the earth was flat, or that heavier than air flight was impossible. So-too will science some day come along to explain how dowsing works.

But very very few of them can be pinned down to say it's via supernatural. Because they know that the moment they do that, is the moment it's relegated to the realms of occult and spooks. And ... tsk tsk, we can't have that. Thus they'll insist it's physical and scientific. Kind of comical to see them tongue-tied tried to get around this dilemma smiling smiley
April 25, 2019 01:01AM
No Hocus-pocus for me thanks!
April 25, 2019 04:55AM
One has to ask themselves.......do supernatural things exist or all bogus??. Anything not able to be explained by science, is it automatically supernatural (or bogus)?? Does anything exist beyond science?? In the old days, anything wireless would be considered supernatural or a magic trick of sorts. As time goes on we learn more about nature and any holes that were temporarily filled by "educated-guesses" (hypothesis) are slowly filled with proper understanding. Picketwire asked about spirit boards. Even the Bible speaks against trying to speak to spirits of the dead. It is much easier just to stay away from all weirdness and go metal detecting....LOL
April 25, 2019 09:45AM
What has been proven to me about the spirits mentioned in the Bible is that they are not of deceased humans, no such thing as dead humans caught between realms....they are the rebellious and demonic fallen angels. Like Arkansas says it says in the Bible...have no voluntary contact with them.....don't mess with divination.

As far as the divining....look up the meaning....it has several............ It is called the ...'divining rod.'

Done with this subject.
April 25, 2019 01:22PM
well I am about to prove one way or another whether or
not this hocus pocus stuff works_

I just had an eccentric old Aussie bloke drop me off a couple
of well used and abused dosing rods to test and review_

He emphatically told me that "they work really well & I would be
amazed
" by this_

I told him "I would try them out as soon as I work out where to put the batteries"

Review to come_

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
April 25, 2019 03:07PM
When I was young, some of my friends had an Ouiji board and being the stupid one I was, I joined with my best bud at the time and we put our hands on the whatever you call it board. I do not condone it and warn others that it will cause problem later as it did me. I do know that the part we were holding moved by itself and when the crowd, which included my girlfriend asked it who I would marry, spelled out her best friend's name which proved false. My friend and I were looking at the ceiling and could not tell what it was spelling out. It wasn't the only time it lied to us. Again, there is no way to scientifically prove that a piece of wood can move itself. I am convinced that it was bad spirits that moved the board and warn others against them from experience. However, is it possible that there are good spirits too? I don't know. I do know that a metal detector works and it is time to go do it. God Bless
April 25, 2019 03:22PM
Picketwire, we wouldnt know you by another name here, would we........?
April 25, 2019 03:27PM
I sincerely and highly doubt it. Why would you think so?
April 25, 2019 08:18PM
Arkansas Wrote:
> One has to ask themselves.......do supernatural th
> ings exist or all bogus??....

Arkansas: It is a given, that there are different measuring tools for different things . And I'll be the first to agree that science (eg.: scales and yardsticks) are not the measuring tools for all things Eg.: you can't measure "love", and "God", etc.... HOWEVER: This isn't the claim by the LRL and dowser crowd. They will immediately distance themselves from such explanations. Lest it rely on "spooks" or whatever. Instead, .... humorously .... you will see them try to attribute it to some sort of physical reasoning (albeit "undiscovered science").

But sure .... if someone wants to go in the direction of supernatural explanations, they're more-than-welcome to. But then they simply open up the pandor a's box of other objections. Eg.: "Gee, why not simply conduct a seance ? Or use Oujji board or tarrot cards, blah blah ? "

Thus you'll usually see the advocates quickly retreat to physical/scientific reasons for their anecdotal "finds" (albeit currently unknown, yeah right eye rolling smiley )

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 08:21PM by Tom_in_CA.
April 25, 2019 10:27PM
Isn't prayer and faith supernatural? I don't think it is all bad. I do not know if dowsing works or not but I try to keep an open mind. i most certainly think it cannot be scientifically proven with what we have today.
April 26, 2019 01:41AM
Picketwire Wrote:
> Isn't prayer and faith supernatural? I don't thin
> k it is all bad. I do not know if dowsing works o
> r not but I try to keep an open mind. i most cert
> ainly think it cannot be scientifically proven wit
> h what we have today.

You seem to waffling here. At first, with the reference to "prayer" and "faith", you seem to be putting it into the realm of mystical, religious, occult, etc... WHICH IS FINE. But just be aware: Then you open up a plethora of dissent. Even from within the dowser's own ranks. They will immediately distance themselves from such explanations. Lest it be lumped into the arena of spooks and occult. Thus, they will either push for a scientific explanation (and try to explain an "attraction" of rods to distant targets).

Or they'll do as you just did at the 2nd part of your post: To call it a sort of "undiscovered science". This pushback is quite convenient. It A) allows them to distance themselves from supernatural, and B ) allows them to claim it's physical and scientific, albeit "un-discovered" science.

Kind of like how science used to believe the earth was flat. Or that heavier than air flight was impossible. Thus: So too will science some day come along and explain dowsing. But rest assured: It's utterly scientific and physical. Eh ?

Ok, how can anyone argue with that ? So too could I propose that I have a tennis shoe that finds gold. You could say "hogwash", and all I'd have to do, is call it "un-discovered science" ?

Bottom line is: The proof will be in the pudding. And as such: It has always failed double blind tests. All we have is anecdotal testimonials. But in DBT: Nothing but failures. Thus I believe that any of the anecdotal testimonials can be chalked up to other more plausible explanations. Eg.: random eventual chance, subtle terrain clues, and using a detector to "pinpoint" in areas likely to have had metal to begin with.

I realize that the advocates will ferociously push-back, and claim that their finds are NOT attributed to "more plausible" reasons. Yet .... all you hear is the sound of crickets when they are invited to show the world. Other than their own in-house anecdotal show & tells.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 01:43AM by Tom_in_CA.
April 27, 2019 01:46AM
Interesting thread. I'm not about to tell anyone what to believe or do, but please be careful. There are spiritual things we dont understand......probably not supposed to understand. If you dive too deep you will soon realize that nothing is free, even in the spirit world. I personally believe that the spirit world consists of good angels and bad (fallen) angels (demons). Friends be careful. It easier to stay away from dowsing (or anything similar) than to try and discern the spirits (as to good or bad). Now lets back to metal detecting gab and say why we love or hate Tesoro models.....LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2019 04:15AM by Arkansas.
April 27, 2019 03:10AM
Arkansas Wrote:
> Friends be careful. It eas
> ier to stay away from dowsing (or anything similar
> ) than to try and discern the spirits

Which is exactly why most dowsers distance themselves from this explanation. And will insist there's something physical and scientific going on . Ie.: an "attraction" . Of course they lack for any verifiable explanation of how this can possibly work. So they call it "un-discovered science". How convenient, eh ?

And actually, it doesn't even work, to begin with. So it's all a moot point. And if someone ever DID come up with some sort of results, I too would wonder exactly as you're wondering : I would not mess with anything like that, just as I wouldn't mess with seances, ouiji boards, etc.....
April 27, 2019 12:07PM
Wasn't flight an "undiscovered science" at one time? I am not saying dowsing does work. I am not saying it does not work. I don't see how this is waffling, I am not urging one to discern the spirits.. I am just saying I do know what I don't know. In saying that you would not mess with dowsing and comparing it to seances and ouija boards seems to show that you feel there is some kind of power there yet you say that science proves the opposite. In the late 1990's, the scientific "consensus" was that Manhattan and various islands in the ocean would be under water in 10 years and that children in Britain would no longer see it snow. Oh, and I love Tesoros, they find metal objects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2019 01:13PM by Picketwire.
April 27, 2019 01:49PM
"consensus" has NOTHING to do with science. Science is about demonstrable and repeatable facts, not popular opinions. Any "scientist" who uses consensus is pandering for $$$.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

April 27, 2019 04:03PM
This is deep. I will leave it as this...there is a "real" physical world and a "real" spiritual world each having their own rules. We mankind cannot comprehend the spiritual. Seeking deep into the spiritual will eventually lead to insanity. In rare cases there are people that are genuinely "sensitive" to the spirit world (have a sixth sense).......these people feel they are cursed and try to avoid spiritual harrassment. Then their are those that feel that being in touch with the spirit world as a "good-gift".........they are either being tricky, acting out party magic or havent come to the point of insanity....havent paid the piper yet. It is impossible for science (mankind's world) to prove the spirit world. If one labels dowsing as a physical science tool then it is fake magic. The gamble of chance or considence can also fake-out the physical dowser (not only audience) into believing they are special......they remember the few times they find something and forget all the many false readings. Spiritual dowsing.......when man truely connects to the spiritual world they become antennas and the rods (or other message tool) become the speakers.....even these readings are not 100% accurate, as bad spirits lie. Be careful the price is too much to pay.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2019 04:20PM by Arkansas.
April 27, 2019 07:48PM
Picketwire Wrote:
> Wasn't flight an "undiscovered science" at one tim
> e?

Sure. And science , at one time, thought the earth was flat. Or that throwing virgins into volcanoes could control the weather. But .... sure ... science came along and corrected for those mistaken notions. Right ?

But: Does this fact .... therefore .... make any notion, no matter how silly, therefore become "fact" ? Of course not. I can not use that "undiscovered science" argument to cast belief on a tennis shoe that finds gold (if you smear the tennis shoe with enough peanut butter). No amount of future science is ever going to come rescue my tennis shoe gold finder.

Thus the fact that some historical past notions were corrected by science, does not, therefore, make any and all notions somehow "true", going forward.
April 28, 2019 03:52AM
Note that I never said it was true, all I said is that how do you know that it is absolutely not true? Does "science" provide absolute truth? Will it be the absolute truth in 10 years? Was it ever absolute truth? I am not ready to say that it absolutely does not and cannot work, just like I am not ready to say that it will and can work. There seem to be witnesses that say it does. Are these to be totally disbelieved because of one's faith in science? I am pretty sure that there are no witnesses that say your tennis shoe can find treasure, even with peanut butter on it. I will say that charging exorbitant prices for two pieces of wire and advertising that it absolutely will find treasure is wrong. I do know of witnesses that have tried dowsing who say it absolutely does not work for them and I do know witnesses that say they have seen it done. As far as I know none of them has ever lied to me. It seems to me that pure science does not say "this is absolutely true", it is always questioning perceived "facts". i have read that most discoveries in science are not classified as EUREKA! moments but "that's strange" ones. Preconceived notions are never science. I have heard a saying that if you believe that you cannot do something, you are probably right.
April 28, 2019 05:29PM
I was test it week ago. I don’t believe it until that. We was digg 79 cm hole with 1 kg of silver.... and I pinpoint it and my friend also. It was shock. I’m testing it for random finds now. We use version with transmitter. Omintron. Tx generating signal path to the object. I don’t believe now in one factor efficiency...
April 28, 2019 11:20PM
Shelton Wrote:
> I was test it week ago. I don’t believe it until t
> hat. We was digg 79 cm hole with 1 kg of silver...
> . and I pinpoint it and my friend also. It was sho
> ck. I’m testing it for random finds now. We use v
> ersion with transmitter. Omintron. Tx generating s
> ignal path to the object. I don’t believe now in o
> ne factor efficiency...

really? You tested it on an object you knew exactly what, where and how deep before you started and got a "hit"? eye rolling smiley

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

April 29, 2019 03:40AM
Second person didn’t know it where. But pointed by rods.
April 29, 2019 03:44AM
Picketwire Wrote:
> Note that I never said it was true, all I said is
> that how do you know that it is absolutely not tru
> e?

Because it has historically failed every attempt to subject it to Double-blind tests. And then the long laundry list of excuses start rolling in. Eg.: unfair or rigged test (despite that both-sides agree ahead of time to the protocols), sun-spots and solar flares, etc.....
April 29, 2019 03:50AM
Picketwire Wrote:
>..... and I do know witnesses that say they have se
> en it done. As far as I know none of them has eve
> r lied to me.

picket-wire: Yes, I have no doubts that many many anecdotal stories abound, of finds . But that's where it ends. Nothing that can be tested, outside of their subjective testimonies/stories. Nothing that can test to make sure they weren't simply reading subtle terrain clues, and "pulling out a detector to pinpoint" (that's the ticket). And simply digging enough holes in likely areas, well gee, would it be a surprise to eventually find metal ? (maybe even a goodie ?). There's no safeguards to make sure it's not attributed to eventual random chance.

And as for "lie' and "lying" : NO NO NO ! I am not insinuating that any of them are "lying". I have no doubt they are quite sincere. And really believe the rod is moving/attracted to goodies (and not simply tilted by their own hand-movements). Thus they would not be lying when they show you a "find". The bigger question is: What do we attribute the 'find' to ?
April 29, 2019 03:57AM
Shelton Wrote:
> Second person didn’t know it where. But pointed by
> rods.

Yes. Compelling anecdotal stories like this abound. But when testing safeguards are implemented (to make sure it's not d/t more plausible explanations), it no longer works.

But ... let's just assume, for sake of argument, that your experience was "the exception". And that there was no more plausible explanations. Then If I were you, I'd rush to get it tested in DBT, and show the world.