Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz3d or f75

Posted by Rvance 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz3d or f75
April 19, 2019 06:07PM
After being away from the metal detectors for about 7yrs. I've decided to get back into it.I sold my cz3d,NASA Tom calibrated.I thought I might try to find another cz3,but I got to reading about how good the f75's were so I thought maybe those of you that have used both machines could give me your opinion. I have seen quite a few f75 for sale on the other forums, thanks!
Rvance in Oh.
Re: cz3d or f75
April 19, 2019 06:36PM
A lot of guys on here have both. I am a old coin hunter so prefer the CZ-3D.
I think it's better on Coins and F75 for Relics. Also I like the more modulated analog type audio on the CZ-3D. I never could bond with the F75? But that's just Me as some love them for any type hunting.
April 19, 2019 07:47PM
Keep in mind FTP dramatically reduced the price of F75 .....call dealers.....the used F75's you see ....are darn near priced at what you can get new......good luck
April 19, 2019 08:09PM
Rob in (ca) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep in mind FTP dramatically reduced the price of
> F75 .....call dealers.....the used F75's you see .
> ...are darn near priced at what you can get new...
> ...good luck

Yea, but Rob, the old f-75's have more experience. smileys with beer
April 19, 2019 10:15PM
Welcome back, Rvance.

My feelings mirror Harold's. I tried more than once and I really wanted to bond with the F75, but I never could. Detecting with it just was too much like work, not fun. I'm not a fan of the menu driven interface, but what I really didn't click with was the audio. But that's just me, a lot of experienced and highly successful detectorists regard the F75 quite highly.

I will say the DST unit I had was a remarkable improvement when it came to handling EMI over the previous F75s.

You might want to look at the Teknetics Patriot too which is a rebadged Fisher F70. You can get one new with a 5 year warranty for $399. Rick Kempf is a regular on this forum who can give you more details if you have any interest.

As for the cz-3d, I love her and she loves me too, but she's unfaithful. She loves iron too!grinning smiley
April 20, 2019 02:26AM
Thanks very much to you fellows that replied about cz3 and f75!! I downloaded a manual sit here and read it over and over plus watched YouTube videos and didn't understand it any more than when I started. There's been a few cz3's for sale and priced pretty decent, thanks again
Rvance in Oh.
April 20, 2019 03:10AM
Rvance Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After being away from the metal detectors for abou
> t 7yrs. I've decided to get back into it.I sold my
> cz3d,NASA Tom calibrated.I thought I might try to
> find another cz3,but I got to reading about how go
> od the f75's were so I thought maybe those of you
> that have used both machines could give me your op
> inion. I have seen quite a few f75 for sale on the
> other forums, thanks!
> Rvance in Oh.

You like to read?
If so here is some good reading.
This thread here talks of the F75 detector.
The detector was changed (updated with a feature called DST tech. And new units sold today all have this tech.
Starting on page 13 isnwhere the new tech is first talked about.
With some comparisons done and talked about with the older units.
Cheers.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
Pay particular attention to NASA-Tom’s comments in the thread.

Here is another good thread with info.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 03:18AM by tnsharpshooter.