Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here’s a (no drama) predator shovel I traded for yesterday

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here’s a (no drama) predator shovel I traded for yesterday
April 20, 2019 01:35AM
I really like this one.
I think it’s a ranger predator shovel. Model 65
It digs real well.

Here’s a video done by predator tools I think showing my shovel.
[m.youtube.com]

Overall length 35.5”
Not very heavy for how sturdy built.
[www.predatortools.com]

Here’s my old one. Bought 8 years ago. My main digger. Have used hand digger in a few places though where digging limited.
Wore a whole inch off of this one since new. Bought another shovel about a year ago different style. Used just a few times.
When this predator wears out. I’m done detecting.

Wish I had a buck for every step I took packing or dragging this one.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 02:47AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Here’s a (no drama) predator shovel I traded for yesterday
April 20, 2019 02:09AM
I am happy with my Sampson, but I could go this way if I couldn't get a Sampson. I also prefer no root cutters on my diggers. I cut me more than the roots. Looks like a real nice shovel!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
April 20, 2019 02:18AM
Yeah, that's a serious digger. I really like Predator diggers, they stand heavy use well. HH jim tn
April 20, 2019 11:39AM
That's a lifetime badass shovel you have there. Someone stole my Raven from the back of my pick up. I guess I parked near the wrong person, my bad.....bastards!
April 20, 2019 12:39PM
I have a collection of about all their shovels that I like for one thing or the other. The Ranger is a good weight one. I like most everything about it except for using it when I hunt with the GPX. With the GPX, I am often past the length of the blade or where the blade narrows at the tip, and I can't get enough dirt out of the hole on those deep targets. The Big Red by them is better for that but I really feel it after lugging it around. I think its 5lbs, 8 oz. I don't carry it often but usually regret not having it when I don't have it. The Ranger is a touch short for me personally. I find myself stooping down to dig with it. Especially when the hole gets half blade deep or deeper. Overall, great tools. The only one of theirs I've absolutely hated was the Raven.