Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Shovel pin pointer

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Shovel pin pointer
April 20, 2019 09:56PM
Don’t know what to think about this shovel with a pin pointer built in. Don’t know weather I would use one. What do you all think?
[youtu.be]
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 10:03PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: Shovel pin pointer
April 20, 2019 10:09PM
Two bads do not make a good. Cheap looking shovel, lousy detection depth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2019 02:04AM by goodmore.
April 20, 2019 10:16PM
Might be a clad hunters dream.
Not mine though.
April 21, 2019 01:04AM
Wouldn't mind that in a simple brass probe. Would need it to be silent unless contacting the metal object otherwise I think it would drive me nuts..

Also, I've killed more hand diggers than I can keep track of.. Cheap ones and handmade stainless steel ones that were thought to be unbreakable.. Time destroys all things.. and that digger might make it one season with me, but I doubt it. Point being, a simple probe locating the exact position and I use a digger to extract.. The coin comes out without a scratch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2019 01:06AM by Mike C.
April 21, 2019 05:35AM
It's produced by Alan Hameta. He used to make the A. H. Pro metal detector. He also made a probe pinpointer called the Cache Pro Pinpointer Delux. I picked up an earlier version, the CP-200 years ago. It will discriminate ferrous/non ferrous. Problem is that it has virtually no range. You almost have to contact the target. They appear to be built pretty cheezy although they're tougher than they look. Mine is old and still works. It saved me from digging bottle caps and other nice sounding iron. Ultimately it was kind of a pain to use because of the lack of range. I'm not sure how long the shovel combination would last.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2019 02:03AM by dgerst.
April 21, 2019 07:42AM
In theory a great idea but in the real world a total waste of time,would not last long in the harsh detecting world environment.
April 21, 2019 11:47PM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In theory a great idea but in the real world a tot
> al waste of time,would not last long in the harsh
> detecting world environment.

I agree with J&D completely. Wonder what the warranty could possibly be? 30 days and it would be destroyed. This is just a novelty.
Not for me.............
April 23, 2019 12:24AM
I do not think this will go over very well. No depth at all. Looking at it, I think it would have a short life as it looks poorly constructed. I'll pass.
April 23, 2019 08:45AM
Back to the drawing board.