Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

It sho is quiet

Posted by JCR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
JCR
It sho is quiet
October 06, 2021 08:52PM
I'm waiting on some rain to soften the ground so I don't have to use a pick mattock. What is everyone else's excuse?

Chris
Re: It sho is quiet
December 07, 2021 11:42PM
Waiting for three good days of beach erosion
December 08, 2021 12:17AM
Winter and waiting on the Deus II.
December 08, 2021 12:45AM
Waiting on my deus 2 so I can hit the beaches here .
December 08, 2021 01:28AM
Cold northern New York weather.
December 08, 2021 02:01AM
Have 3 inches of snow waiting for april lol subey
December 08, 2021 02:12AM
I went out yesterday for a rare dirt hunt. Wife works from home and I was bugging her. I set the Equinox up for cherry picking.

2 tone
Low tone 17 and under
Volume of low tone was 3
Sensitivity 22
Recovery 8

And I hunted a place that I have absolutely pounded over the years. Hundreds of hours just from me. Another hundred from friends.
CTX, Deus, ETrac, XTerra, Explorer have been used there. Plus the Equinoxes many times.

I would have been satisfied finding one coin.
First target was a 1910 Barber dime
Second good target was a 1901 Indian at about 7 inches
Third good target 1912 wheat
Fourth and last good target a mutilated merc dime. Silver is silver in my book. Date unknown.

I only dug about 5 other targets one being a brass casing from some old bullet. So just a few pieces of junk and one bent nail. Minimal digging at its finest.

What I learned?...Cherry picking with the high tones slows everything way way down. The brain has time to process and interpret. Two of the good targets were thought to be the normal iron wrap around blip. But I took the time to investigate from multiple.angles and decided to dig them. The high tones were spaced far enough apart for me to analyze the situation. No low tone distractions. And some of this hunting was done in machine gun iron. Not listening to it was a pleasure.

It was just a unique way to approach the pounded site. Total time hunting? About 1.5 hours
December 08, 2021 06:43AM
That's an interesting approach you took there, Goodmore. And it worked out for you..

Nice!

Steve
December 08, 2021 10:22AM
Amazing goodmore. So the iron tone can be muted or made next to silent? You hunted just high and slightly audible low tones? All that in an 90 minites, well done!
December 08, 2021 05:28PM
Waiting on my Nox coming back from Minelab for warranty repair as it stopped charging.
December 08, 2021 10:38PM
Waiting for some time so I can go. I had way more time to relic hunt before I retired. Cant seem to figure that out. smiling smiley
JCR
December 08, 2021 10:48PM
Bill long Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Waiting for some time so I can go. I had way more
> time to relic hunt before I retired. Cant seem to
> figure that out. smiling smiley

Maybe you could ask your wife to help you figure that out.

Chris
December 08, 2021 11:27PM
JCR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bill long Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Waiting for some time so I can go. I had way mor
> e
> > time to relic hunt before I retired. Cant seem t
> o
> > figure that out. smiling smiley
>
>
> Maybe you could ask your wife to help you figure t
> hat out.

Chris, you sound like a man with experience. Any advice would be greatly appreciated eye rolling smiley
December 09, 2021 05:28AM
Nice finds, proof again that old spots are never really hunted out. smiling smiley