Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My bud outshines me using Makro Kruzer, with myself using Equinox 800

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My bud outshines me using Makro Kruzer, with myself using Equinox 800
April 26, 2019 12:27AM
Scott did well today considering how hard hunted this has area received in the past. He used the 7” concentric coil on his Makro Kruzer. He found some flat buttons, a pocket watch winder, couple musket balls, and one old thingy real near an old home site we don’t know what is.

Myself I didn’t even find the first flat button. And no musket balls either. Did find some lead, 2 monster deep old shotgun hulls, and a deep seems is actually stainless steel. Don’t know what it is.

Had a ball. Learned a few things about Nox today too. Don’t underestimate this detectors depth capability. Even in my soil. After today not liking my Deus like I did yesterday. Didn’t do any head to heads either today. Just what I witnessed.

May post some video here, won’t be long.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 12:30AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: My bud outshines me using Makro Kruzer, with myself using Equinox 800
April 26, 2019 12:46AM
You're turning against your beloved Deus?????
April 26, 2019 12:57AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're turning against your beloved Deus?????

What I witnessed today, Yep. Nox with stock coil action today.
Why.
Eqx is quiet running enough to hear DEEP targets. I don’t think Deus is. Or maybe it is not as deep (Equivalent Coil size ) vs Nox.

Will go back to site. Get over a deep target with EQX and put 11” LF coil up against and see.

Deep target hunting with EQX is slow hunting. Etrac will also be used to compare too,
My bud came over after I told him a had a deep find located. I had already dug pretty deep. He listened to Nox sweep over hole and walked away. Few minutes later I called him black over and could see the rim (green) barely showing in bottom of hole. He said Jesus. Eqx gives clues alright of deep stuff. Can’t hunt old site once with Nox or even twice, gotta hunt many times with different detect modes and different settings in the detect modes,

I would have videoed these deep located finds with live digs, but the wind was howling. I wanted too real bad.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 01:01AM by tnsharpshooter.
April 26, 2019 01:30PM
I believe I took more chances on targets that day and that may have contributed to the quantity of finds. You did come away with a Spanish bit (using the 15" DD on the Nox) that last outing! That ground challenges targets and hard to get smooth, clean signal on just about any of them!

May be easier with the Nox than a 14 khz. Kruzer!

I usually run 3-tone, 89 sens. in decent ground. For whatever reason upping the gain into the high 90's reveals MORE targets. I thought there was a nuance to the Kruzer software that lessened depth at 90 sens. and above. Maybe have to rethink that in that really mineralized ground at that site!

Had fun running it in DEEP mode too, going slower and rechecking the target in 4-TONE. May be the way to go when the targets get sparser, away from the iron.

The 7" concentric did work on the fringe of the field line, next to the fence. Eeked out that pocketwatch winder key and another flat button in the brush.

Once again, that is a "classroom" site. A never ending learning experience for any detector/detectorist.

Thanks once again, for having me out, man.
April 26, 2019 01:32PM
The 7 inch 'concentric' search coil on the Makro Kruzer is what gave your hunting buddy the edge. It's by far the best search coil for the Kruzer at trashy sites that are loaded up with nails, roof tin pieces and can tops. It's light, deep, separates well and discriminates a whole lot better than a DD search coil does. It's a must have search coil for the Kruzer. I sold my Multi-Kruzer awhile back, but I still have the 7" concentric search coil for sale if anyone is interested. It will also work on the Anfibio.

tabman
April 26, 2019 03:00PM
tabman Wrote:
> The 7 inch 'concentric' search coil on the Makro K
> ruzer is what gave your hunting buddy the edge. It
> 's by far the best search coil for the Kruzer at t
> rashy sites that are loaded up with nails, roof ti
> n pieces and can tops. It's light, deep, separates
> well and discriminates a whole lot better than a D
> D search coil does. It's a must have search coil f
> or the Kruzer. I sold my Multi-Kruzer awhile back,
> but I still have the 7" concentric search coil for
> sale if anyone is interested. It will also work on
> the Anfibio.
>
> tabman

Can you PM me a prize on the coil if still available?

Thanks
Carolina
April 26, 2019 03:19PM
...heard it a long time ago from a very well known in-the-know detectorist that the 7" concentric for the "Kruzer" is streets ahead for separation compared to the Nox standard 11" and can almost match it for depth!
April 26, 2019 03:48PM
I had the makro multi kruzer for a few months. Definitely a beast in the Parks and school yards. I have owned many detectors and this one, by far, had the best separation of all of them. the comment about the seven inch concentric being as deep as an 11in on a equinox I don't believe for a second. That was one of the two reasons I got rid of it. Not very deep and absolutely worthless on the black sand oceans of the West coast. For weeks on end I was at the beach with that machine using multiple different coils and multiple different settings. the only way to get that machine to run stable anywhere near the wet sand or water line was to detune it to the point where you couldn't pick up a 14 gram gold wedding band deeper than about an inch and a half. The funny thing is I traded it off for a CZ 21, as I am primarily a beach Hunter, and I took it to an area that I had pounded at a local park with the makro multi kruzer. In a small strip of grass maybe 10 ft wide and 50 ft long I was able to retrieve, if I remember correctly, 13 quarters probably 10 or more dimes, a few nickels and a load of pennies. the only reason I mention it is because I know the cz-21 and equinox are neck-and-neck in my area depth-wise, and my cz-21 made my makro multi kruzer seem like a kids toy depth wise. Now I'm spending my days looking through eBay to get a used analog CZ for the parks and school yards. Need a better way to tell when I'm over a zinc Penny than by tone alone. Nothing quite like digging through hard pack gravel soil for 10 minutes only to retrieve a half-eaten zinc penny.
April 26, 2019 04:02PM
sws33 Wrote:
> I had the makro multi kruzer for a few months. Def
> initely a beast in the Parks and school yards. I h
> ave owned many detectors and this one, by far, had
> the best separation of all of them. the comment ab
> out the seven inch concentric being as deep as an
> 11in on a equinox I don't believe for a second. Th
> at was one of the two reasons I got rid of it. Not
> very deep and absolutely worthless on the black sa
> nd oceans of the West coast.

Pardon my French but, almost everything is 'worthless' on black sand.

I was not totally spot on about what he said: I remember what he said "the 7" concentric BEATS the Equinox 11" in air tests. The separation part is what he said and you agreed with that.