Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

24Kt Gold Jewelry Survey/Poll

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
24Kt Gold Jewelry Survey/Poll
April 26, 2019 12:59AM
Last weekend (with kids/family) …. we spent some time on the beach. I witnessed many Pakistanis, India, Chinese..... and a host of middle-East/far-East folks on the beach. They are ALL wearing 24Kt (and 22Kt) gold jewelry. Two days prior to this..... I found a small woman's wedding band that is 24Kt. It ID'd as 'copper-penny'. ((( I also found 2 gold class rings that ID'd as "Zinc Penny" ))).

Poll/Question: How many of you are starting to find...………. and seeing a 'increase' in finding 22Kt & 24Kt gold jewelry?
Re: 24Kt Gold Jewelry Survey/Poll
April 26, 2019 01:18AM
Nope, never seen a single piece. i'm sure location plays a big part in that also

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
April 26, 2019 01:24AM
Good question. Good post . Yes there are some Asian cultures (and Pakistan ?) where they do jewelry in 22k and 24k. But most always, @ the rest of the world, it's cut down to 10, 14, and 18k. Otherwise it's just too soft to work with. A 24k ring, for example, will simply wear-away , getting smaller and smaller, after enough years of normal wear. And a 24k "round" is always going to have a bezzle around it, that's got alloys in it, to be harder to protect it. If not, then a pure gold amulet or coin or whatever will get dinged up, bent, worn, etc....

In all my 40+ yrs. of detecting, I can only recall a single 24k ring I found. It had Chinese characters stamped @ the inside. It read up in the penny/dime range, so at first I thought I had some sort of shiny copper ring. But then realized it was pure gold. When alloys are added to the gold, the conductivity drops. But pure gold is actually a high conductor . The usual mantra of gold rings being low conductors , is only true for alloyed gold, not pure gold.

The pure gold ring I found was soft enough that ... if I wanted ... I could have squished it flat in my fingers.

Another time I got a 24k gold Asian coin thing, about the size of a $1 gold. It was in a bezzle.

But aside from those couple of 24k finds: I don't recall any others. I suspect that if you were in some Asian countries doing a lot of beach hunting, you'd find more. But here in the USA : It's simply not seen that often. Unless a foreign tourist were here and lost it.
April 26, 2019 01:30AM
Yeah sure, I wish!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
OBN
April 26, 2019 02:50AM
Rarely seen here since I hunt mostly older beach's, seems most are 10k with most wedding bands 14k.

In 5 years I may have dug (3) 21k plus, 2 at fresh drop beach's and 1 at a older black beach from the 60's, it was totally out of place. Two of the High K's were returned. Both India owners.

I remember years ago, 2007. Crack Badger was posting some insane amounts of High K gold. Took me a while to track him down but found out he was hunting in Seoul, S Korea,

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
April 26, 2019 03:58AM
The Middle East is 18k country. Jwewlry in Riyadh, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc. is sold by the gram. all 18k and at least when we were there mostly of Italian origin. Just checked online - the Dubai quote for 18k jewelry is $32,47 per gram - that equals about $1007 per troy ounce. Now covering from 18 kt to 24 kt means that it is the equivalent of about $1343 per Troy ounce of 24 kt.

At today’s closing quote of $1292 per Troy ounce for 24 kt, that means that the whole mark-up from bullion at 24 kt to jewelry at 18 k is only about 28%. Have to sell a lot of gold to make money in the gold business.

Here’s a little quote from the Dubai Authorities

“Prices are quoted in AED (United Arab Emirates Dirham) for one gram of gold. Rates were last updated on Friday 26th of April 2019 at 2:04 am GMT.

The Government of Dubai (Department of Economic Development) has outdoor signs that display the Dubai’s live retail gold rate. They are located in prominent gold trading locations such as the Gold Souk. The authorities are keen to promote transparency and ensure the city retains its status”

This is - thankfully - not my wife’s collection...

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 04:15AM by lytle78.
April 26, 2019 09:58AM
Rick...…. what a interesting EDUCATIONAL photo!!! (In so many regards).

There are 196 Countries on planet Earth. China is one Country. This is to say...…. China is 1/196'th of all the Countries...…… which is about 0.5%. Yet/however; 26% of the World's population is Chinese. China is primarily a 24Kt gold jewelry basis. If you add the rest of the far East (Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, N./S. Korea, Japan.....etc...……..) they ALSO primarily make/generate/produce 24Kt jewelry. India produces a tremendous amount of 24Kt gold jewelry. I speculate 1/3 of the World.... produces 24Kt jewelry. With the United States being a melting-pot...… I'm seeing/witnessing a greater influx of 24Kt jewelry.
April 26, 2019 10:26AM
Tom..... i got 2 24Krings last year (id never found any) ..... and my finds for 18K and above increased...... let me add i also got 6 chains which was an increase (most appeared large enough to have been found with say an Xcal). Something i was wondering as well...... was it the NOX? It started during the winter months last year more so than the summer. These were all marked gold. Wonder when those countries travel? Am i correct Indias summer is March, April and May? I would have to say thou ... i believe i was seeing more Japanese during that time thou. Like you, and id dare say most water hunters ....... we really pay attention to whose wearing what lol. On the other hand....... i didnt find but maybe a couple of class rings last year. Have people learned there are groups on line that do recovery now..... clubs, ring finders, lost my stuff, CL.... ect?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 10:30AM by dewcon4414.
cdv
April 26, 2019 10:34AM
Haven't noticed an increase of high karat gold. I end up with one or two 21 or 22k a year usually. Never found a 24k piece of "gold" jewelry. What I have noticed are the ones I have found in higher karat all seem to have "fake stones". One found this year already was 21k and it indeed had a fake diamond, only exception was a 950 platinum with baguette diamonds. I did find one .999 Platinum (does that count?) it was definitely from an Oriental jeweler per the markings inside.
We do have one section of a local beach that has the moniker of "22k Land" due to the middle eastern vacationers that frequent that particular spot.

Cliff
April 26, 2019 12:17PM
I found one last year
Asian, open ring / both branches was tied by a red silk thread

it should be detected in India
chat with a guy who tried
in 30 minutes 2 signet ring in silver and one in gold
then crowd of people = police = search hotel room
he had never seen a detector (a deus)

India is an El Dorado with tons of gold under the beaches ...
an Indian ring is 14k
but 153 gr !!!

another guy who detects in new zealand
and who wanted advice on a deeptar
told me that 50% of the rings he found
was 24k or pt900
from Asia

the biggest piece I've ever seen
find by a guy who prospect in Japan
75.6 gr 24 k !!!!!!!!!!!!
the same guy did a 38 gr pt900 with 1 carat on it
who comes to Japan with me, lol

note that above 40 gr
all detectors will ring its 24k masses like iron
to meditate .................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
April 26, 2019 01:08PM
None. 18K is as high as I find in the ground here.

HH
Mike
April 26, 2019 05:02PM
Dug a 24K gold mens signet ring at a park, but thought I was likely digging an IHP given the TID and depth smiling smiley
April 26, 2019 06:54PM
May well be the machine and attitude. I’ve noticed more gold rings being pulled with the Nox....even in the dirt.....or are we seeing more people making posts we all see? I’ve also noticed people are really hunting “better”.
April 26, 2019 08:08PM
I found 1 eyes only on the Thames on a "Indian" hot spot.Got a few Indians friends they buy silver coin for their kids as gift for .....not sure of the holy day........Diwali maybe.........But they do love gold too.

RR
April 27, 2019 12:24PM
I have never found any 24K.
April 27, 2019 02:17PM
I speculate more 24Kt finds..... will be on-the-rise.
April 27, 2019 02:31PM
I hope that doesn’t mean to say gold prices will be going down?

Or maybe that’s a good thing?

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
April 27, 2019 02:44PM
No. No bearing on price fluctuations.
April 27, 2019 03:02PM
That kind of speculation from Tom normally means something. These kind of posts are also normally done for a reason. I am curious WHY ive found more high K gold last year........ is it something the Nox has...... and is it something they maybe improving on? OR some other company? It didnt appear to be the AQ if i understand JAG correctly..... at least not in the 24K range. Either way .......more high K gold...... cha ching. I hope hes right.
April 27, 2019 05:01PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That kind of speculation from Tom normally means s
> omething. These kind of posts are also normally d
> one for a reason. I am curious WHY ive found mor
> e high K gold last year........ is it something th
> e Nox has...... and is it something they maybe imp
> roving on? OR some other company? It didnt appe
> ar to be the AQ if i understand JAG correctly.....
> at least not in the 24K range. Either way ......
> .more high K gold...... cha ching. I hope hes rig
> ht.

if the 7 us is more efficient than many other detectors
on the 24k
but only in all metals

up to 22k see 23 no problem in reject mode
the signature of the 24k is too close to the iron
to see the difference
and yet the separation iron / gold on AQ is out of the ordinary ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detector used : Fisher Aquamanta /

Pulsepower Goldscan 5c / Aquastar / Goldquest SSV3 / Nexus Coronado / Vista Gold
April 27, 2019 07:03PM
Thanks JAG.....
May 02, 2019 03:24PM
That India ring with the elephants would make a great wax seal ring. That is just too cool.

HH
Mike
May 02, 2019 04:57PM
Not to make light of a bad situation, however there’s going to be a lot of that Indian beach gold available if that Cat 5 cyclone has its way that’s about to hit India.