Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Minelab detector “ Vanquish” ?

Posted by Carolina 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: New Minelab detector “ Vanquish” ?
May 29, 2019 12:01AM
The basic concept for it has already been leaked. Dont go expecting a CTX2 or EQXpro anything silly like that.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

May 29, 2019 12:36AM
So what's the leak? Details plz
May 29, 2019 02:16AM
From a quick google search, rumors are a low end budget to compete with the ACE and future simplex.. Info could be totally wrong, I don’t normally visit the other sites, maybe someone else can chime in.
May 29, 2019 02:29AM
From what I gather, it is to replace the Xterra series. I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough. My thinking was that the Equinox series was the replacement for those. Maybe they are missing the multi IQ feature and only offer the changeable single frequencies in a waterproof package at a much lower price point.
May 29, 2019 02:30AM
word has it has multiple sources gave the same report that its a new entry-level, multi-freq aimed at taking the market share of new buyers.

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

May 29, 2019 05:11AM
Supposed to be three models, with the 540 being the higher end model. Take it with a grain of salt, but does appear to be a replacement given it's running VFLEX:

Model Features
Manufacturer: Minelab (Australia)
Model: Vanquish 540
Year: 2019
Type: ground and underwater detector
Rating (owner reviews):
Display: Yes
Technology: VFLEX IQ
Frequency: 7 / 18,75 kHz
VDI / Numerical Target-ID: Yes
Manual ground balance: Yes
Automatic ground balance: Yes
Noise cancel: Yes
Sound, tones: Multitone
Adjusting the volume: Yes
Pinpoint: Yes
Using headphones: Yes
Search coil: Minelab Vanquish 11 DD
Batteries: Accumulator
Weight: 1,2 kg
Length (min/max): 122-142 cm
May 29, 2019 10:18AM
I read this :
The Minelab Vanquish will be available before the end of 2019. It integrates the multi IQ technology of the equinox. To learn more, sign up here:
[www.minelab.com]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 29, 2019 01:30PM
... Yawn...Let me know when it is available TO BUY in my area...not going 'around the houses' again like the John Knox special!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2019 02:06PM by Des D.
May 29, 2019 04:51PM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... Yawn...Let me know when it is available TO BUY in my area ...not going 'around the houses' again like the John Knox special!!!

With you on that, and to be honest, I don't really care about an Xterra replacement. The only thing I find interesting (at this point) about it is that it's advertised as having "VFLEX IQ". We all know VFLEX was part of the Xterra technology, but NOW their calling it VFLEX IQ so now we have Multi IQ and VFLEX IQ.
May 29, 2019 05:33PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> My guess that a new machine would be close to the
> new Nokta/Makro Simplex.

Told ya.
May 29, 2019 06:25PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> Des D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ... Yawn...Let
> me know when it is available TO BUY in my a
> rea ...not going 'around the houses' again
> like the John Knox special!!!
>
>
> With you on that, and to be honest, I don't really
> care about an Xterra replacement. The only thing
> I find interesting (at this point) about it is tha
> t it's advertised as having "VFLEX IQ". We all kn
> ow VFLEX was part of the Xterra technology, but NO
> W their calling it VFLEX IQ so now w
> e have Multi IQ and VFLEX IQ.

Wouldn't Multi IQ require it to be multi frequency? No where have I read it was simultaneous frquency.

Why the cheap side of the Nox? The Safari is a waste since the Nox. The E Trac is what 12 years old? The Excal is just an old designer's nightmare. Oh well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2019 10:00PM by goodmore.
May 29, 2019 07:18PM
Multi IQ - yes, likely simultaneous multi.

But the term VFLEX IQ - also supposed to be a description, plus the mention of only two frequencies - as opposed to ML’s usual fog of imprecise description of how their multifreakers actually work - make me suspect that it is a refinement of the X-terra system to allow choice of frequencies without changing coils as the X-Terras needed.

We’ll see.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2019 08:09PM by lytle78.
May 29, 2019 07:26PM
If it is anything close to the Equinox performance wise it will be a knock out punch for the other companies in the lower entry level range. IMO Look what the Equinox did to the market....
May 29, 2019 08:16PM
GreenMeanie Wrote:
> After what they did for the NOX with all the teste
> rs and plane jump I am guessing this won't be anyt
> hing special.

Yeah I know what you mean -

Why go out of your way to spend thousands of dollars marketing and promoting a new metal detector
when all you need to do is change out a couple of stickers and put it in a new box -

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
May 29, 2019 08:28PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Multi IQ - yes, likely simultaneous multi.
>
> But the term VFLEX IQ - also supposed to be a desc
> ription, plus the not of only two frequencies - as
> opposed to ML’s usual fog of imprecise description
> of how their multifreakers actually work, make me
> suspect that it is a refinement of the X-terra sys
> tem to allow choice of frequencies without changin
> g coils as the X-Terras needed.
>
> We’ll see.

Will First Texas be entering into this market - i.e. advanced entry level like the

Quest X5 & X10
Nokta-Makro SimplEX & SimplEX Plus
Minelab Vanquish

It has been quite some time since anything NEW has come out of the big 3

Any word Mr Rick or is it all done and dusted in the US at the moment?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2019 08:30PM by rustic charm.
May 29, 2019 09:00PM
White's has been releasing product but so far FT is "All Hat and No Cattle".
May 29, 2019 10:13PM
Well......If they release a simultaneous multi frequency machine to go with the multi IQ technology that would be a game changer at that price level. All those other models mentioned at that price level would be mowed down quickly. No mercy.

That is the only feature that would make this new detector appealing to me. I guess the Equinox spoiled me. Months to release. Months until the mad rush is over. I have time.

Those companies that remain idle in the race face an uncertain future. Minelab is getting aggresive.

One more point....It looks like a new type of handle or armrest design. That in itself might be worth a high five. Did they hire an ergo engineer? My goodness....The end of time is upon us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2019 10:17PM by goodmore.
May 29, 2019 10:26PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> PhDtector Wrote:
> -----
> > My guess that a new machine would be close to the new Nokta/Makro Simplex.
>
>
> Told ya.

IF (and that's a BIG IF) the Vanquish is a SMF machine, then it could trump the Simplex. On the other hand, if it's just an updated Xterra, with selectable single frequencies and hopefully not at the mercy of having frequency specific coils, then it'll stay in a niche market like the original Xterras have and would be little to no threat against the Simplex.

Now we know why Minelab is the principal sponsor of Detectival 2019!
May 30, 2019 02:42AM
Minelab I think is striving to grab even more of the total market share.

I don’t know squat about this Vanquish.

Minelab is smart. I don’t think they are going to gives us another detector that compares closely in both performance and price to Equinox, Remember the price of EQX 600. So maybe Minelab is even going down lower on totem pole price wise and somewhat performance wise to capture more of market.

When it is all said and done. Minelab might just have the market cornered with 3 detectors really. Like this Vanquish, EQX800, and whatever they decide to do to replace both Etrac and CTX. Yes I think one detector will eventually replace both of these.

The At Pro and Simplex are what they are after I think.

So how low will the price be for the model(s)?
We’ll see.

Total domination is their goal. I think.
Will they succeed?
They have a good start imo.

All speculation coming from me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2019 02:43AM by tnsharpshooter.
May 30, 2019 12:02PM
Minelab and Nokta are now firmly in the “announce then release” camp. Between announcement and release there is a variable delay during which (at least in the Case of the Equinox prospecting modes) we know significant software and perhaps hardware changes are made prior to production machines being built and product release occurring.

There’s nothing wrong with that, Camera companies do it all the time and even publish “roadmaps” for their interchangeable lens lines showing years out what they intend to introduce.

When the Simplex and the Vanquish appear, they will be able to be judged by accomplished detectorists and credible opinions as to their performance and value proposition will appear.

Rick Kempf
OBN
May 30, 2019 01:22PM
goodmore Wrote:

>.
> The Excal is just an old designer's nightmare. Oh
> well.

You guys are hardcore over here..

grinning smiley

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
May 30, 2019 03:15PM
goodmore Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> -----
> > Des D Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > ... Yawn...Le
> t
> > me know when it is available TO BUY in my
> a
> > rea ...not going 'around the houses' agai
> n
> > like the John Knox special!!!
> >
> >
> > With you on that, and to be honest, I don't real
> ly
> > care about an Xterra replacement. The only thin
> g
> > I find interesting (at this point) about it is t
> ha
> > t it's advertised as having "VFLEX IQ". We all
> kn
> > ow VFLEX was part of the Xterra technology, but
> NO
> > W their calling it VFLEX IQ so now
> w
> > e have Multi IQ and VFLEX IQ.
>
> Wouldn't Multi IQ require it to be multi frequency
> ? No where have I read it was simultaneous frquenc
> y.

>
> Why the cheap side of the Nox? The Safari is a was
> te since the Nox. The E Trac is what 12 years old?
> The Excal is just an old designer's nightmare. Oh
> well.

It would if it was using Multi IQ, but it's using VFLEX IQ....which is yet to be determined as to exactly what it is. I agree that it's unlikely to be a SMF detector, it appears to be able to use one of two available frequencies.
May 30, 2019 03:21PM
At the moment, the only two companies taking detecting advancements seriously (or at least executing detecting advancements) are Nokta and Minelab, it's turning into a real David and Goliath story spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 30, 2019 04:19PM
Marketing at its finest. Seek to create a discontentment with what you have and while at the same time creating a desire to own something sight unseen.

Personally I find the manipulation attempts tiring and a turn off.

HH
Mike
May 30, 2019 04:57PM
Joe (OBN), I think if Goodie was referring to shaft, headphones, etc., I can buy it. Why there has been no improvement on them over the LONG life of the gold standard of underwater detectors is beyond me. The Excal has spawned several cottage industries/businesses to make it lovable and livable. You have done some great work on my Excal and I still have one of your awesome Disc/AM toggle handles.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 30, 2019 05:25PM
OBN Wrote:
> goodmore Wrote:
> -----
>
> >.
> > The Excal is just an old designer's nightmare. O
> h
> > well.
>
> You guys are hardcore over here.. [/si
> ze]
>
> grinning smiley

Oh I love BBS. But the Excal has been the same basic design for decades. Fragile pots and knobs.....poor stock headphones.....And of course the shaft balance. The reverse discrimination switch that talented people mod into the handle is awesome. Problem is we are all not talented. I know that since the basic design of the Excal electronics has come a long way. If XP can tuck the Deus into a box half the size of a cell phone then the Excal should be no problem. All I ever wanted from Minelab was a waterproof Sovereign in a great little package. They gave us everything but that. Every time these new releases are announced I get my hopes up. Only to be left at the alter time after time. The Equinox is as close as I will probably see before I end up in a home peeing my diaper. Sounds like a new Xterra without the need to change coils for frequency change? Guessing at this point. But I have that feeling I will be leaving the wedding service alone. AGAIN! Maybe I'll come down to OC and have a beer with you at Bull in the Beach.
May 30, 2019 06:56PM
goodmore - I’ll lay a non key date silver quarter on the line that you are right. X-Terra replacement with some “IQ” secret sauce mumbojumbo (or even some actual engineering) to explain why a selectable singlefreaker is big news after they pronounced all of them obsolete. Don’t their marketing guys talk to engineering???

Here’s a quote from Minelab when the Nox was rolled out...

“While we could have taken the approach of putting the X-TERRA (VFLEX technology) in a waterproof housing and adding a selectable frequency range, this would have been following the path of many of our competitors in just rehashing an older single frequency technology that had already reached its performance limits. Another option would have been to create a lower cost waterproof FBS detector, but that also had its challenges with FBS being ‘power hungry’, needing heavier batteries, heavier coils, etc., and relatively high cost compared to the more recent advances that our R&D team have been making with the latest electronics hardware and signal processing techniques.

When Minelab develop a new detecting technology we aim to create a paradigm shift from existing products and provide a clear performance advantage for our customers.”

[www.minelab.com]

If this turns out to be a selectable freq singlefreaker, they “got some ‘splainin to do”.

Rick Kempf
May 30, 2019 07:01PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> Marketing at its finest. Seek to create a discon
> tentment with what you have and while at the same
> time creating a desire to own something sight unse
> en.
>
> Personally I find the manipulation attempts tiring
> and a turn off.

>
> HH
> Mike

Amen! To be honest, it's getting to the point where you are just throwing money because it is new. With the finds at a premium in my area, quitting the hobby may become a viable option.

"It's only when we lost everything, that we are free to do anything"
May 30, 2019 11:13PM
In the name of full disclosure I am a detector-a-holic. I've averaged about 3 a year for the last decade. I bought another one today. I AM on the Vanquish notification list. I don't do this to make money. I do it because I love to do it. I'll consider this detector when it is actually there. Until then I will just muse over why they'd name it like a household stain remover?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 30, 2019 11:39PM
You bought an Orx?