Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Seeking price info on books.

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Seeking price info on books.
May 01, 2019 10:31PM
I'm getting up there in age & know I should cut back on my detectors & metal detecting items---but it's hard to do---you know what I mean.-----Anyway, I've been going through some of my stuff & wanted to inquire from some of you relic hunting guys as to prices on a couple of books I have.-----I have: "Record Of American Uniform And Historical Buttons"--Bicentennial Edition--By Alphaeus H. Albert--it's a hard back book--511 pages----------Also have: "Confederate Belt Buckles & Plates"---Expanded Edition--By Steve E. Mullinax--hard back--248 pages.-----I bought these books new some years ago & they are still just like new.-----How much could I get out of these books if I were to sell them & is there anyone here that would be interested in them?-----------Del
Re: Seeking price info on books.
May 01, 2019 11:39PM
Here’s one of them on Amazon.
[www.amazon.com]

Here’s the other book I think. Pricey it seems.
[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 11:41PM by tnsharpshooter.
May 01, 2019 11:48PM
Yes, those are the exact same two books I have.-----Thanks----------Del
May 02, 2019 12:44AM
You could probably get 125.00 to maybe 150.00 out of the buckle book and about 40-50.00 out of the button book Del.

Dont go by the Amazon prices ..those guys are just trying to get rich cause the buckle book is out of print..but they never sell any at that price.Or maybe one at Christmas time or the likes.Theres relic dealers who have those books still new out there

I've sold traded and dabbled in books for most of my adult life especially OLD books like 17th century history books and when you see them inflated on the net that's not usually the real price they are bought and sold for elsewhere.

I'm sure even on inflated ebay?? you could get a buckle book for 150.00 new in wrapper.

well just looked

buckles
[www.ebay.com]

[www.ebay.com]

button new
[www.ebay.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 12:48AM by Keith Southern.
May 02, 2019 12:56AM
Go to feebay. Then in the top right corner click on "advanced"....this is an indepth Search area. Then click (X) the box that says Sold items. Fill in whatever Title of Item you want to research. This will give you a price of what people were actually willing to pay for any given item.
May 02, 2019 01:57AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, those are the exact same two books I have.---
> --Thanks----------Del

You are welcome Del.
May 02, 2019 06:49PM
I always check ABE books for used books, first.

[www.abebooks.com]
May 02, 2019 11:50PM
Thanks for your responses guys.----I'd take those prices for it Gabelle.thumbs down
May 03, 2019 04:23AM
bookfinder dot com. This will search Abe books and 8 or so other Retail book sellers In addition to Amazon. Basically all of online book sales. Keep In mind this is the price the seller wants, not what someone would actually pay. One can find an average price, then list slightly lower to sell fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 04:31AM by Arkansas.
I want to sell these two books--somebody make me a (reasonable) offer.
August 16, 2019 12:43PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm getting up there in age & know I should cut ba
> ck on my detectors & metal detecting items---but i
> t's hard to do---you know what I mean.-----Anyway,
> I've been going through some of my stuff & wanted
> to inquire from some of you relic hunting guys as
> to prices on a couple of books I have.-----I have:
> "Record Of American Uniform And Historical Buttons
> "--Bicentennial Edition--By Alphaeus H. Albert--it
> 's a hard back book--511 pages----------Also have: