Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

There Are A Lot Of Reasons To Buy A Tesoro

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
There Are A Lot Of Reasons To Buy A Tesoro
May 04, 2019 11:15AM
Here is just one of them, I have dozens more. LINK

tabman
Re: There Are A Lot Of Reasons To Buy A Tesoro
May 04, 2019 11:26AM
Nice finds!
May 04, 2019 11:28AM
Well I have two opinions.....

First is that the chain is just a WOW find.

Second is that I am a little confused. I have been reading the OP's posts for quite some time. He seems to be a very good hunter. He mentions gridding the area. Using top end detectors. But then with his Tesoro he finds a horse shoe and a butter knife. Now these are easy targets. Very big targets.

I think what it boils down to is getting your coil over the target. Regardless of the name on the detector.

But still that is a great find. Congrats to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2019 11:28AM by goodmore.
May 04, 2019 02:32PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I have two opinions.....
>
> First is that the chain is just a WOW find.
>
> Second is that I am a little confused. I have been
> reading the OP's posts for quite some time. He see
> ms to be a very good hunter. He mentions gridding
> the area. Using top end detectors. But then with h
> is Tesoro he finds a horse shoe and a butter knife
> . Now these are easy targets. Very big targets.
>
> I think what it boils down to is getting your coil
> over the target. Regardless of the name on the det
> ector.
>
> But still that is a great find. Congrats to him.

Thanks! I just went out in the yard and did some testing with my CTX, Nox and Deus detectors on a iron nail and the horseshoe that I found. At my normal settings, which is full tones, both the iron nail and horseshoe gave a iron tone. When I tested my Modded 10 turn GB Cibola with my normal discrimination setting, which is just barely enough to discriminate out a iron nail, I got no audio response from the nail, BUT the horseshoe sounded off loud and clear.

I'm not saying that I got my search coils over every inch of ground, because I know that I'm human and can miss a spot or two. However, for some reason I'm finding a lot of targets with my Tesoro detectors. BTW, if I had to pick 2 of my detectors to find old silver coins at an old park I'd grab my CTX and CZ. If I were relic and gold jewelry hunting, I grab one of my Tesoro detectors. You need the right detector for job at hand.

tabman
May 04, 2019 03:36PM
Pretty darn nice hit, Gerald! thumbs down WTG! HH jim tn
May 04, 2019 06:34PM
When I was a kid many years ago, my mom would look at me through steely eyes and say in one tone, "Ronald, if you do that again, I will tell your father". And you know what; I didn't even have to look into those steely eyes to understand what she was telling me. I don't have as much incentive to learn Tesoro but I'm getting there. I don't have the expensive latest model like the ones mentioned before but I do have a T2, Gold Bug, and Omega 8000 but when I am in the sagebrush covered sandhills at my town's old dump, I am rarely without a Tesoro and heck yeah I can find horseshoes and butterknives and sometimes even things that keep slipping through my hand when I am trying to find them with my pinpointer.
May 04, 2019 07:01PM
I have had Tesores since the 1980"s. Stopped using them when other companies produced fresh more modern machines. I would love to have a used Tesoro again, but who would work on them ? I assume the lifetime warranty is over since the company no longer exists. In 1989 using a Silver Saber, I found a Civil War VMM Cartridge Box Plate. In beautiful condition, it drove all of the Nautilus owners crazy. Wish I had that machine back !
May 04, 2019 07:29PM
Keith Wills at Broken Detector.com can fixed them along with about any other Metal Detector. They rarely have a problem even after years of use.
May 04, 2019 07:38PM
virginia digger Wrote:
> I have had Tesores since the 1980"s. Stopped using
> them when other companies produced fresh more mode
> rn machines. I would love to have a used Tesoro ag
> ain, but who would work on them ? I assume the lif
> etime warranty is over since the company no longer
> exists. In 1989 using a Silver Saber, I found a Ci
> vil War VMM Cartridge Box Plate. In beautiful cond
> ition, it drove all of the Nautilus owners crazy.
> Wish I had that machine back !

People pay big bucks for new high-tech detectors that are only warranted for a couple of years or so then they have to pay big bucks to get them repaired. On the hand, you can pay less than what it takes to repair a high-tech detector and get a good used Tesoro detector which hardly ever breaks. I like my high-tech detectors, BUT I will always have a Tesoro or two in my detector arsenal. Not only do they pay for themselves with good finds, they also help pay for my high-tech detectors as well.

tabman
May 04, 2019 07:41PM
Doubtful the need will arise but if repair is needed that would be the thing I worried about the least. Repair is available.

Deep Search VI, ser number 6 still beeping better than I can dig! No need for repair yet.

g
May 04, 2019 07:43PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Keith Wills at Broken Detector.com can fixed them
> along with about any other Metal Detector. They ra
> rely have a problem even after years of use.

Someone needs to have Keith Wills call Tesoro and so he can buy up a bunch of parts at a good going out of business prices.

tabman
May 04, 2019 08:41PM
I have owned an anolog Tesoro detector since 1993. Currently own two the Vaquero and Mojave. I keep them because they offer small and large concentrics and their analog design handles EMI a lot better than most the new machines of today. I like to hunt old railroad camps along old tracks that have telephone wires running down them that give my newer high end machines like the Deus, ctx, etrac, MMK etc emi fits where the Tesoros and Deeptechs fair a lot better. Where Gerald found the gold chain their was an old pump house giving his Deus, Nox, CTX etc fits but his CZ and Tesoros ran smooth. If all your hunting with is a Nox and Deus you are missing a lot when silent or regular emi is close. When testing the Nox 800 in the old park in my town I tested at an end of the park I knew had bad emi and it killed the Nox depth when targets flagged with the CZ 6a in the 6 to 7in range. I always have an analog machine with me when I go out to combat emi. I am a firm believer that silent emi is the worst. How many have been out and hunting for the first few hours and not finding anything, switching machines and start finding targets all over in the same area?
That and Tesoros are just plain flat fun to use.lol
May 04, 2019 10:34PM
I appreciate the feedback on buying a used Tesoro. Now the hunt begins !
May 05, 2019 12:26AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Keith Wills at Broken Detector.com can fixed them
> along with about any other Metal Detector. They ra
> rely have a problem even after years of use.

I read somewhere, think it was a Tabman post at Friendlys Tabman said that Rusty Henry bought a ton of stuff...................from Tesoro stock.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 05, 2019 12:37AM
Sven1 Wrote:

> I read somewhere, think it was a Tabman post at Fr
> iendlys Tabman said that Rusty Henry bought a ton
> of stuff...................from Tesoro stock.

It was at T-Net. LINK

tabman
May 05, 2019 02:28AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2019 02:30AM by GeoW.
May 05, 2019 02:46AM
If I get the hankering for a Tesoro , I think I would try the new Deeptech instead. I loved the audio on the Vista Gold I had.
May 05, 2019 02:56AM
Congrats, that honker of a chain and pendant probably paid for that lil Tesoro thumbs down
May 06, 2019 08:05PM
I think the DeepTech machines are going to continue where Tesoro left off. Too bad they couldn't have worked out a deal with Tesoro and started making them on this side of the pond. Would have kept people working and probably would have expanded their market share in the US if they were built and serviced there. I'm going to be watching the Vista X feedback very closely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2019 08:06PM by Dan B.