Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tarsacci

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tarsacci
March 12, 2022 01:39AM
Just started to read about the Tarsacci wonder what Tom thinks about it and other hunters that are using it. I wonder how it compares to the Deus and the Equinox maybe the new legend. Watched a few videos and read a review but just looking for more info. I know that no detector is perfect they have their strengths and weakness. Thanks LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Tarsacci
March 12, 2022 03:31AM
LCPM........ I think you'll find all your answers (and THEN some!!!) on the mile-long Tarsacci MDT thread!
((( In a nutshell...... the Tarsacci is spectacular; yet, has a learning-curve. It doesn't quite sound like a metal detector. Almost 'sonar' audio ))).
March 12, 2022 03:37AM
Lawrenzo --

The "MDT 8000" thread here, is a very comprehensive, answers-nearly-every-question-you-might-have thread, although it's so long that it can be tough to find specific information.

In summary, the MDT is definitely a unit to consider if you hunt in dirt -- or sand -- that is mineralized (this is where it shines, as it offers extra depth capability in mineralized ground, as compared to regular VLF -- be it single or multi/SMF...the MDT in disc. mode surpasses any VLF I have ever used, in disc. mode). It initially caught on with beach hunters, but is also gaining traction as being a very capable -- and at times surprisingly capable -- relic-hunting unit. It is not ideal for use as a "cherry-picker," as the VDI and three-tone audio are not, in my opinion, accurate enough to do so. BUT -- if you simply need to know if your target is ferrous or non-ferrous, and are OK with just some CLUES as to whether the non-ferrous target may be more likely to be a higher conductor or a mid/lower conductor, then I think you'd find the machine to be a very good performer. It can be a bit tricky to set up/tune, but there's lots of help available here to help you with that, when starting out, and Dimitar is also very willing to help anyone understand how to set up the machine properly.

Hopefully, that short summary is of some help.

Steve
March 12, 2022 03:54AM
Lawrenzo.........and..........if it helps any: Tarsacci is based out of Merced.
March 12, 2022 03:17PM
As a beach guy whos used a good many of the beach machines me and the guys who own them here havent put um down. Ive sold 3 Xcal, a CTX and my Nox. I just have this one unit now. For my use its just that good. With any machine there will be "ACCEPTABLE LOSS". I agree with Steve..... not sure id use it as a cherry picker, but on the beach most of us just need to know ferr and non-ferr. With 30 digits its a pretty squeezed TID. For those who say they dig everything..... there ya go. Ive not taken the plunge on either the Deus or the Legend...... thats a big wait and see. Thou i do like, like the Nox, that they can be online upgraded.
March 12, 2022 11:40PM
I just noticed that while I was typing my response, NASA-Tom posted JUST before I did, and said essentially the same thing. Sorry for the repeat!

Steve
March 13, 2022 10:47AM
Seeing as no-one's provided the link, here's the long Tarsacci thread:
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

And there's also the Tarsacci sub-forum on Steve H.'s Detector Prospector site:
[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2022 08:59PM by Pimento.
March 13, 2022 01:51PM
SteveG.... Reinforcement is NEVER a problem!

Pimento...... thanks for the data!