Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few relics from today.

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A few relics from today.
May 21, 2019 11:56PM
I was able to get back to my honey hole again today. I'm in an unusual situation in life that allows me to hunt more than I normally would, so.......Off I go to try and round up a few more relics while I can. The morning just sucked!! I dug nothing but trash with an occasional percussion cap and a piece of lead here and there. I told myself I would move to another spot and if the trend continued, I was outta there. Fortunately I was able to meander to a hot spot that finally started to give it up and was able to salvage the day. Most of the finds came within the last couple of hours of the hunt and I left feeling very gratified and tired!!! I scored what I believe are 2 Confederate ringtail Sharps, but, I could be mistaken. I'm loving the Nox for this kind of hunting.

My settings were:

Nox 800

Park 2

11" coil

GB 0

Recovery 6

Iron Bias 0

2 Tones

Tone break -9 to +8

Sens 21

Disc -9 to 0

Re: A few relics from today.
May 22, 2019 12:49AM
Nice assortment---looks like a blank or grenade firing cartridge in the modern hull collection.
May 22, 2019 12:59AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice assortment---looks like a blank or grenade fi
> ring cartridge in the modern hull collection.

Thank you Doc. They are blanks, they used to do reenactments on the old parade grounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 01:00AM by Dan(NM).
May 22, 2019 02:58AM
Nice work. That's a great haul.

Dean
May 22, 2019 03:18AM
Nice hunting Dan thumbs down
May 22, 2019 09:12AM
No wonder you were tired, that's a lot of digging/retrieving. Like the buttons, are they identifiable?
May 22, 2019 12:06PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No wonder you were tired, that's a lot of digging/
> retrieving. Like the buttons, are they identifiabl
> e?

One is a Dragoon, the other I assume is an Eagle coat button. All from the 1850's early 1860's
May 22, 2019 04:19PM
nice finds!