Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I'm Hooked On My Fisher CZ-5

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I'm Hooked On My Fisher CZ-5
May 24, 2019 06:31PM
The more I use it, the more I like it. It's one amazing detector!

tabman
Re: I'm Hooked On My Fisher CZ-5
May 24, 2019 07:29PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of CZs.
When Dave Johnson made the CZ He created a Beast.
May 24, 2019 08:08PM
Best nickel machine ever made. Have mason jars full of buffalos, Vs, and war nickels to show for it.lol
cjc
May 25, 2019 03:00AM
Best, most conclusive beach machine ever.
cjc
May 25, 2019 03:06AM
Nothing wrong with that !! You don’t have to have the latest and so called greatest to get the goods. I have a CZ5 that I bought in 1993 and it still has a place with me. I have tested many brands of detectors against it and many were sold and the CZ5 remains. I always give the challenging detector one full year of experienced use before deciding to sell ..... as to keep up with what new technology has to offer. I just recently assembled a Nox 800 and hope to be starting my one year test tomorrow.One thing about a CZ5 is that once you have mastered it , you won’t forget its nuances. I never have issues digging deep iron ..... pinpointing is a dead giveaway on rusty iron and yes the CZ5 kills nickels. HH Tony
May 25, 2019 04:13AM
Sounds like an intelligent strategy, Tony.

And testimony to the cz platform that it's still with you over a quarter century later after many others have come and gone.
May 25, 2019 07:41AM
I had an Equinox 600 for a while and detected on Gulf and Atlantic coast beaches with it for several months last year - I also had a CZ-6 with me. The Nox had better depth on small stuff, the CZ had better depth on big stuff. The Nox was noisy in black sand and in the water compared to the CZ which just went quietly along.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
May 25, 2019 05:03PM
I liked the CZ70 for deep silver hunting.

I took the CZ70 to New York once, nothing like pulling seated dimes out of old city parks thumbs down
May 25, 2019 05:20PM
My CZ-6A is currently residing under an Anderson straight shaft. And it just quietly goes about it’s business untill something good
comes along. Concentric coil and multifrequency,... Genious.

Last hunt before fishing season starts 1 June I’m swinging a Classic. Enjoying the scenery and digging a few keepers. Then it’s Fishing till winter kicks in.

Had a Nox 800, sold it to get some fishing cash. Probably get another one next season :-) It just likes that smallish yellow stuff,... and well it is a little temperamental.
Probably need to learn to appreciate it!

HH
Johnb