Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Beach 1 program for land hunting

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Beach 1 program for land hunting
May 30, 2019 08:19PM
Has anyone tried Neil Jones Beach 1 program for land hunting? It's in Andy Sabisch's book. Thanks
Re: Beach 1 program for land hunting
May 30, 2019 08:26PM
How is Andy's Equinox book? I had his book for the Etrac, but really didn't care for it as he was continuously making comparisons between the Etrac and previous generations of Explorers, and never having used an Explorer all it did was make for a lot of extra reading and confusion at times when he was making his comparisons. If one had never used the Explorer, it was a useless comparison and only convoluted the material IMO.
May 30, 2019 09:16PM
The problem is that in beach mode we can not put single frequency.
Personally In land it is not rare that with the nox I have to hunt in single frequency.
May 31, 2019 02:28PM
What would be the purpose of using Beach mode on land?

Is it for dealing with high mineralization situations? That would make sense.

May 31, 2019 03:20PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What would be the purpose of using Beach mode on l
> and?
>
> Is it for dealing with high mineralization situati
> ons? That would make sense.
>
> .

Beach1 has the lowest weighted frequency spread of all, so it will by default do very well on silver coins. It certainly is making ground compensation differently. I dont know if its a great program for soil hunts or not. Probably depends on the local ground matrix.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
May 31, 2019 04:52PM
I used beach1 to hunt an old Union Army encampment that's soil is heavy alkali and really handicaps VLF machines. Oddly in Field2 (my preferred relic mode) the Equinox 800 was not running very well at this particular site, but when I switched to beach1, and 50 tones, it ran great.
May 31, 2019 05:52PM
The preset programs seem pretty well done in the way they do the internal weighting of the multi frequencies, etc. BUT the key is using what works for you and the site you are on. The better one understands how the options impact efficiency the better one will do and appreciate the machine. So forum reads and books become valuable sources of shared experience and expertise. IMHO

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie