Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How about this for $199.00 thumbs down

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
How about this for $199.00 thumbs down
June 03, 2019 09:13PM
Have had my DeepTech Vista Mini Max up for trade or for sale on the forum for awhile now with no hurry to move it but need the $$$ so I am dropping the price to $199.00 Bought it brand new and there is not a thing wrong with it. I get paid every other Wednesday and my 40th. class reunion is this coming Saturday and I don't get a check to the Wednesday after the reunion. I am happy with my life and like what I do but have always lived check to check. But I rather have just enough to get by and be happy than be miserable and have lots of money. Mini Max has ground balance, 11" DD coil with coil cover and is a deep seeker and great in iron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 12:05AM by SkiWhiz.
Re: How about this for $199.00 thumbs down
June 03, 2019 09:43PM
Bill Murry quote comes to mind.......... Money can't buy happiness, but it's much more comfortable crying in a Mercedes than on a bike. Theres a lot of ways to be rich .. AND happy that dont involve having a wad of cash. GL on that sale.
June 03, 2019 11:40PM
Isn't it a a DeepTech Vista Mini Max, and not a Teknetics? Maybe you need to check your listing?
June 04, 2019 12:08AM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't it a a DeepTech Vista Mini Max, and not a Te
> knetics? Maybe you need to check your listing?

You are correct Tom, thank you. Listing updated.

Not blaming Mike Hillis but after all that fuss over a detector that I sold him that came without a charging cable, seems that folks are skeptical doing business with me, I have not sold one detector since then. I want everyone to know that I am an honest man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 12:13AM by SkiWhiz.
June 04, 2019 12:41AM
That whole debacle didn't make me think at all that you are dishonest, Mr SkiWhiz.....most here probably feel the same.
June 04, 2019 12:56AM
LOL, yeah I was wondering about the Teknetics Mini Max myself!
June 04, 2019 01:21AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> Have had my DeepTech Vista Mini Max up for trade o
> r for sale on the forum for awhile now with no hur
> ry to move it but need the $$$ so I am dropping th
> e price to $199.00 Bought it brand new and there i
> s not a thing wrong with it. I get paid every othe
> r Wednesday and my 40th. class reunion is this com
> ing Saturday and I don't get a check to the Wednes
> day after the reunion. I am happy with my life and
> like what I do but have always lived check to chec
> k. But I rather have just enough to get by and be
> happy than be miserable and have lots of money. Mi
> ni Max has ground balance, 11" DD coil with coil c
> over and is a deep seeker and great in iron.

Steve-----Having read your post.----Please take this following advice in the spirit I give it--which is a well meaning tip.-------As the old saying goes--"It's not about what you make but rather what you save/set aside".------Even if you do live check to check (as you say)---If you would just take a small portion of funds (no matter how small) and consistently set it aside in it's own account/cookie jar (whatever)---you would then have funds for most forseen (or unforeseen) events that may come up.-----You would be surprised how much even a few dollars set aside each payday (and left alone unless needed) will build up over time.----If (as you say)--you only have "just enough to get by"---you need to SERIOUSLY examine your expenditures as to what can be changed/adjusted.-----There's another reason for doing this---it's called "peace of mind"----it's comforting/reassuring to know a person has a "nest egg" if needed.-------You don't need a fancy financial planner---all it takes is a little planning on your own (and being consistent).------I've "been there, done that" (for years)----it works!-----------Del
June 04, 2019 04:39AM
I am a fan of MH and you. Never thought less of you as I followed the thread. I would like to think it is just a randomness that occurred and not a boycott.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 04, 2019 05:33AM
Pasttom Wrote:
> I am a fan of MH and you. Never thought less of you as I followed the thread. I would like to think it is just a randomness that occurred and not a boycott.

Well said, exactly the way I feel as well.
June 04, 2019 02:58PM
i know that ski whiz is an honest man and i will tell you why.... on the treasure forum my user name is big jon thats what i call my autistic son. between 5 to 6 years ago something like that my son was needing a pair of head phones for his metal detector and i just couldnt afford them at the time.i contacted ski whiz and told him of my situation,he sent my son a pair of head phones for free and thats something that i will never forget! when a person is in buying and selling things dont go as planned at times,thats just how life is and will always be that way.me personally i would buy anything from him,on headphones he didnt know me from adam never talked to him before in my life. thank god for good people

p.s thanks ski whiz for the headphones!!!
June 04, 2019 03:37PM
That saving a nest egg thing works great until You get a heart attack or cancer. Even with good insurance the cost can still bankrupt you fast. I learned that about a year ago myself. I know Steve has had His share of health problems also.
We are not all blessed with good health and big pensions coming in.
June 04, 2019 04:04PM
PM sent yesterday, what the heck. Always wondered how (new) Vistas compare to the GMP.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
June 04, 2019 04:35PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> That saving a nest egg thing works great until You
> get a heart attack or cancer. Even with good insur
> ance the cost can still bankrupt you fast. I learn
> ed that about a year ago myself. I know Steve has
> had His share of health problems also.
> We are not all blessed with good health and big pe
> nsions coming in.

Harold----Even at that---count your blessings of The Lord.------You (we ALL) have many!
June 04, 2019 09:30PM
skinner Wrote:
> i know that ski whiz is an honest man and i will t
> ell you why.... on the treasure forum my user name
> is big jon thats what i call my autistic son. betw
> een 5 to 6 years ago something like that my son wa
> s needing a pair of head phones for his metal dete
> ctor and i just couldnt afford them at the time.i
> contacted ski whiz and told him of my situation,he
> sent my son a pair of head phones for free and tha
> ts something that i will never forget! when a pers
> on is in buying and selling things dont go as plan
> ned at times,thats just how life is and will alway
> s be that way.me personally i would buy anything f
> rom him,on headphones he didnt know me from adam n
> ever talked to him before in my life. thank god fo
> r good people
>
>
>
> p.s thanks ski whiz for the headphones!!!

Thank you and I was happy to do it. I hope that you & your son are doing well. And thanks to everyone else for the kind words.
June 04, 2019 11:09PM
Sold to Aaron, thank you!