Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Something to remember when bench testing, or watching other people bench test high frequency detectors: They pick up your fingers and hand.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I learned this from experience....HA.....that great sound is coming from your hand! Yes, the detector will respond to your hand and fingers as if they were a target. Always bench test higher frequency detectors with a non-conductive aid, like a paint stir stick or something similar. Never with your hand.

HH
Mike
Very true.
LOL, yeah I discovered that when testing the gold mode on the Equinox. I couldn't figure out where my target was because I kept dividing the dirt in my hand and it kept giving a signal. Until I finally emptied my hand and discovered the "target" was my hand.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2019 01:23PM by silverfiend.
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I learned this from experience....HA.....that grea
> t sound is coming from your hand! Yes, the dete
> ctor will respond to your hand and fingers as if t
> hey were a target. Always bench test higher freq
> uency detectors with a non-conductive aid, like a
> paint stir stick or something similar. Never with
> your hand.
>
> HH
> Mike

Good advice!-----A little other "advice"----don't detect with said detectors with metal (built into) your shoes.
A small plastic scoop is a necessary accessory when hunting for tiny targets with a sensitive detector.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
I am just curious Mike, how can a person's fingers or hands have an effect if not wearing a ring,etc. Not doubting you just wondering.
(Salts, minerals, water.....are in your body.....,,,,,,and sensitive detectors will detect it).
Little video demonstrating. Disc was set to zero on detector too.
[m.youtube.com]
To much iron in your blood.....ease up on the Geritol.
Tejon’s do the same thing but it’s not really a HF unit compared to what is considered HF
My old Garrett Deep Seeker back in 74 would do the same thing.