Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What I like about the Vista Warrior is exactly what I thought I wouldn't like.

Posted by dgerst 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What I like about the Vista Warrior is exactly what I thought I wouldn't like.
August 01, 2019 02:02AM
I thought I'd only use it as a relic machine because you can't disc past large foil. But that makes you dig stuff you might not otherwise. I know you can always turn a Tesoro (or any other detector for that matter) down but the when I get over a target I'll still thumb the knob sometimes and walk past it. I just dug a '71 Mexican 1 Peso from our Kansas football field. It was deep enough that although it high toned on the sweep the signal went low when I bobbed the coil vertically. That's where a pull tab sounds off. It high toned in all directions out of the ground. I may very well not have dug it with another machine. I've dug lots of deep dimes there lately as well. It really drives home the point that good targets don't always ID like they're supposed to. It's teaching me to be more careful when setting my other detectors as well. Nobody likes digging pull tabs and can slaw but there are targets in that range that'll surprise you. We all know that but with the Warrior you can't forget it .
Good to hear.... if in doubt dig it out
Re: What I like about the Vista Warrior is exactly what I thought I wouldn't like.
August 01, 2019 08:49PM
Any ID other than a beep over a non-ferrous target is too much ID.

Seems as if at first the beep says dig but the ID says don’t dig, even if the target is non-ferrous.

I've always said the best way to great finds is by having a poptop/pulltab competition.

A comp to award the hunter who can dig the most PT/PT in a given time, place.
Any gold found would be considered collateral damage smiling smiley

geo
Re: What I like about the Vista Warrior is exactly what I thought I wouldn't like.
August 01, 2019 10:13PM
Geo...…… about a dozen years ago...….. somewhere on this forum...….. I put out an APB for folks to dig 10 (deeper) mid-tones each/every time they go out on a hunt. Then...… record how many of these deep mid-tones …. were NOT aluminum trash.
August 01, 2019 10:20PM
I remember that Tom. I still dig ALL deep mid-tones, pretty frustrating when your finding pull-tabs at 7” and coppers and silver at 5”, in the same park!

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
August 01, 2019 11:00PM
Yes machines like deeptechs make you SEE what's in the soil.makes you see just how much is left if you are willing to take a chance.

Years ago back in the 80s I used to hunt with a musician..we had 1265's both of us but he would kill me in a camp site on finds.He used to tell me to listen to the quality of the signal..He would say theres lots of info down in the beep if you pay attention.but it all sounded the same to me..we set up machines the same but he found more everytime we hunted even in bad iron sites or open deep areas..It wasnt till later on that I figured out what he was talking about and it took a higher pitch Tesoro to make it happen.he meshed well with the lower hz tone and had way more years of hunting then than I did ,a good 20 more at least.Once I learned the tonal qualities I tried a lower hz unit and then it made sense to me on a 1266 I believe it was.Theres lots of little nuances in analog machines deep down in the audio.slight variations that can go unnoticed till over time you feel them.

Glad you are enjoying the unit!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla