Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The SIMPLEX+ features, frequency and reality.

Posted by Monte 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The SIMPLEX+ features, frequency and reality.
August 01, 2019 12:08PM
Sorry, but I can't believe how many readers are so quick to question or get picky about this new (coming soon) device. Most of the information was right there in the available ads by clicking on Specifications and other attached info.

Operating Frequency: It states 12 kHz.

This is different from all the other more recent and popular models Nokta and/or Makro have offered the past five years. WHY they chose to design it at 12 kHz I haven't a clue, but they did, and since it differs from the other models it should seem likely that NO, the search coils are not interchangeable. That's just the way it is so I don't fuss about that design approach. It is what it is.

Headphones:

If enough avid detectorists already have a model in the Kruzer or Anfibio series, then they already likely have a set of the Green version wireless headphones. They can buy the new Simplex+ at the basic price and have the headphones so they are good to go. The company's design goal is to produce new detector models that are built-in Li-Po powered and Waterproof. No, not everyone will live close to or plan to wade out and get in the water, but some like waterproof to hunt in a rain shower or storm, or for whatever reason. Therefore headphone types / design is optional.

The basic $299 Simplex+ comes standard with a ¼" adapter so that ought to appeal to the majority of the detector users who prefer to hunt with a preferred quality set of corded headphones.

They factored in the additional price version for those who want, or happen to like, the wireless style headphones. They simply added that extra option while still maintaining a very decent, competitive price for such a well-featured model at a remarkable retail.

Search Coils: Standard coil is an 11" open-frame DD.

Looking at the information provided, that is the ONLY search coils currently available for the Simplex+ and comes 'standard.' I would certainly home Nokta / Makro is working on one or two versatile and useful optional search coils, and I feel the very popular open-frame 7" Concentric coil is a must-have in that group, and certainly something like a round 5" DD ought to also be made available. From my point of view, and for many applications, I think those two sizes and types of coils would be most popular. Matter-of-fact (since I'm tossing out my thoughts here) I think it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to make the 7" Concentric and 5" DD coils in WHITE instead of black.

It would make the Simplex+ stand out a little from the other models, and while I don't swim, or therefore dive, I have heard from quite a few water hunters who tell me they would favor a white-colored search coil for hunting in the water. From a personal standpoint when I used to wade on ocean or lake beaches I liked my detect0ors with white-colored search coils, and whenever I have a chance I prefer to use a white-colored search coils or most of my land-based detecting as well. I can visually track where I am working my search coils in and under and around heavy brush and weeds and building rubble. I have white-colored coils on my Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX, a white 5" DD on a Fisher F44, the white 5X9½ HF DD on an XP ORX, and I am never without a white 'OOR' DD on my Nokta FORS CoRe and white 5" DD on my Nokta FORS Relic.

I can guarantee the Nokta / Makro Simplex+ is going to be a regular-carry device in my vehicle at all times, especially since it is very small, light-weight and compactable, but especially because it is a lower-cost yet very versatile detector. I would be quite satisfied with one of the better-size coils was available, mounted on the forward working end of the rod .... and especially if they made it in WHITE. (Hint, Hint!)

Other 'Good Moves' as I See Them:

Rather than add complexity to some models, especially those with a lower and more affordable price tag that is geared to satisfy even a young beginner or newcomer of any age-range on up to the more experienced users, Nokta / Makro engineered a 'Simple' detector to fit anyone, yet incorporate a very 'Functional' array of features to achieve different levels of 'Performance' needed to satisfy a broad range of users for a wide variety of applications. Having the Discriminate mode use a 3-Tone Audio is probably the more popular design approach.thumbs down Also, incorporating the Iron Audio Volume function is also another great tool that many competitors still haven't managed to add to their mid-to upper end models.

The Simplex+ is honestly what many of us have kind of wished for, and trust me, I am far from a newcomer to this great sport. And while I don't swim or dive, I do get out and hunt where sometimes I have to take on some unwelcomed wet weather. I do beach hunt some lakes and rivers on occasion, and I like the concept of having a 'Basic' (aka 'Simple') detector on-hand at all times just to be prepared for anything I might chance upon to hunt. Not a top-dollar model to tote around when it could be left unattended in a wrong place at an inopportune time.

Please, readers, before you get too jumpy and quickly find fault or throw out questions when things have already been explained or described ... just sit back, read all of the already provided information, and relax. Not only have the good folks at Nokta / Makro Detection Technologies works hard to develop a new, practical, and shockingly low-cost Simplex+ for us, they also bring out perhaps the best introduction and promotional video I have yet seen in this industry.eye popping smiley

Enjoy the video a few times, read all the currently available information between viewings, and be assured that all the answers you might want will be coming our way soon by Dilek and the 'team' we've come to admire.

Monte
Re: The SIMPLEX+ features, frequency and reality.
August 02, 2019 03:32AM
Monte,
Have you used the detector called the Simplex?

Here’s why I ask.
What you say here.
> I can guarantee the Nokta / Makro Simplex+ is goin
> g to be a regular-carry device in my vehicle at al
> l times, especially since it is very small, light-
> weight and compactable, but especially because it
> is a lower-cost yet very versatile detector

I am not doubting the Simplex may indeed be a very good detector “value wise” .
But I sure ain’t going to go out on a limb and make any guarantees if I have not held and used a detector.

I may when reading about a new coming model say I am interested, sounds nice, looks nice, is seems priced nice, etc.

Guess one can say, I don’t base how good or bad a detector model is by looking at its brochure or operators manual.

And I hope Nokta-Makro has a nice smooth release of the Simplex as well all other manufacturers releasing new units to the public.

The rest of what you say above I don’t have a problem with.

Now if you have used the Simplex detector and since you made the comments above. By all means share your experiences please.
And will Simplex be a front seat detector or back seat detector for you?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 03:56AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 02, 2019 10:19AM
I guess the entry level market is a market worth manufacturing for.

But here is my logic. When I hunt an area I want to use the best equipment I have. If I have an Anfibio at home I want to hunt the place with that. Any entry level detector i have would be nothing but a dust collector. Even a 200.00 dollar dust collector is a waste of 200.00 dollars.
August 02, 2019 10:51AM
It would be nice I think to have a all weatherproof inexpensive detector to leave in the trunk in case you come along a promising site to check out.
Then if it shows promise come back with your big gun. At 299.00 how can you go wrong?
August 02, 2019 02:24PM
Monte,Thanks for your timely report---your comments are Always welcome and informative.
August 02, 2019 03:13PM
N/T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 03:14PM by Mike Hillis.
August 02, 2019 04:36PM
I showed the advert to my 13yr old daughter to see her reaction, she loves detecting the dry sand.
She said no way, loves my lightweight Deus!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2019 04:37PM by ghound.
August 02, 2019 04:37PM
I suspect that the Simplex is at it's core a Racer 2, with some updates in a new physical package. The R2 is no slouch, it'll keep up with the best of them, so if the Simplex is a revamped waterproof R2 in an improved lightweight physical package, it's going to make a lot of people happy and you'll see a lot of good finds produced by it. The only thing the ATP/ATM will have over it, is their large coil selection, but I'm sure Nokta will remedy that in short order as they have on all of their other machines.
August 02, 2019 05:49PM
I was going to to actually post the same thing. A waterproof Earlier model. Yeah a company can get away with it once.
August 04, 2019 01:40AM
It would be a home run if this machine is a R2 waterproofed.
August 04, 2019 03:45AM
I actually agree with this.
When I am hunting I want the best I have.

goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess the entry level market is a market worth m
> anufacturing for.
>
> But here is my logic. When I hunt an area I want t
> o use the best equipment I have. If I have an Anfi
> bio at home I want to hunt the place with that. An
> y entry level detector i have would be nothing but
> a dust collector. Even a 200.00 dollar dust collec
> tor is a waste of 200.00 dollars.
August 04, 2019 06:14AM
Interesting that nobody has noticed the Simplex EZ Wander Wireless Module.

Appears to be something along the lines of the WM08 module included with the EQ800 to allow the use of any corded headphone to be used wirelessly.
August 04, 2019 12:34PM
this could be the death of the ACE Series reign

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
August 04, 2019 05:47PM
no wifi fones so old hat
August 05, 2019 01:54AM
I would try it out, Makro and Nokta have put out some quality detectors in the recent past, there is no reason to think they would put out a stinker now. At the very least it would make a good loaner to somebody who wanted to hunt with me who didn't have their own detector or I could let my daughter use it, seems to be pretty simple to run for a novice.
August 05, 2019 04:31PM
Wow! I am one of the few positive comments on this post. That has to be a first? Ha!
August 05, 2019 06:44PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Wow! I am one of the few positive comments on this
> post. That has to be a first? Ha!

Ole Harold!grinning smiley
August 05, 2019 06:59PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Wow! I am one of the few positive comments on this
> post. That has to be a first? Ha!

Probably just guys mumbling they will be forced to buy, spend money on another detector they hadn't planned on being as good as their high end machine for a lot less. And now the newbies have a forceful fast, sleek, furious weapon
that will not leave much behind for them.

I am optimistic that the Simplex will be a great detector for the purpose intended, can't wait to try one.....................................just wish it came out first with a smaller coil to meet the needs of the masses who hunt for coins and jewelry in more trashy sites.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
August 05, 2019 07:33PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2019 07:35PM by ghound.
August 05, 2019 07:33PM
Like Minelab said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth".
August 05, 2019 09:48PM
ghound Wrote:
> Like Minelab said, "everyone has a plan until they
> get punched in the mouth".

Quote for a quote: ''Talent is God given; be humble. Fame is man-given; be grateful. Conceit is self-given; be careful.''
August 05, 2019 11:29PM
thumbs down HH jim tn
August 05, 2019 11:53PM
ghound Wrote:
> Like Minelab said, "everyone has a plan until they
> get punched in the mouth".

Wasn't that Mike Tyson?
August 06, 2019 12:29AM
Yes, it was, referring to Evander Holyfield's 'fight plan'.
August 06, 2019 01:02AM
Pimento Wrote:
> Yes, it was, referring to Evander Holyfield's 'fig
> ht plan'.

Yeah & look who won that fight!smiling smiley
August 06, 2019 03:39AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Pimento Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yes, it was, referring to Evander Holyfield's 'fight plan'.
>
>
> Yeah & look who won that fight!smiling smiley

Someone's about to loose an ear eye popping smiley
August 06, 2019 03:53AM
HAHA looks like someone took over your Deussmiling smiley
August 06, 2019 08:01AM
I think Minelab might bite off quite a few ears when the Vanquish is released lol
August 06, 2019 04:28PM
ghound Wrote:
> I think Minelab might bite off quite a few ears when the Vanquish is released lol

Possible, would be nice if they'd provide some actual info on their teaser videos instead of all their usual antics....time will tell, but I have a feeling the Vanquish and Simplex will be in different leagues.....Nokta has to get cracking on their SMF machine, the single freq VLF market is pretty crowded as it is.
August 06, 2019 06:46PM
Question??--Why are the Noxers so negative about the launch of an excellent entry product---are they concerned it may take some of the luster off of their "holy grail"??