Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D Question on Gold

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D Question on Gold
June 13, 2011 02:55PM
I read Tom's great cz-3d guide, but this question is for you guys who have used the cz-3d out in the field and how it recognizes gold. Generally do gold rings sound with the high tone? What about gold jewelry such as a necklace. The reason I ask this is that the parks I hunt could have lost jewelry in them....but if gold will give a low tone like a pull tab, I am wondering if this machine isn't really what I am needing. Thanks in advance.
Re: CZ-3D Question on Gold
June 13, 2011 03:21PM
Most all machines will read gold in the nickle range and lower and I think the same is with the CZ...There is no machine that is out that can help you find gold with out digging trash. I found five diamond gold rings in about two months from digging pull tabs...But if I had cashed them in I could by a couple of high end detectors and still be digging trash looking for rings.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2011 03:09PM by Lawrenzo.
June 13, 2011 03:53PM
Gold rings generally will come in foil and tabs with a midrange tone while a small gold chain might even come in low tone iron range because of the link makeup...Of course if the ring comes in as nickle or perhaps a large 10 kt college ring in zinc meter facet you will get a high tone...Foil is the high percentage meter zone and the high tone aspect of a CZ3D is basically aimed at coins. I do hope you realize because of size, Kt. rating and whats mixed with the gold expect a gold ring to come in anywhere on the meter from low foil to zinc penny so theoretically to not miss a gold ring one would have to dig all...Lowboys post is spot on and those that investigate get the ones the other guys miss...
June 13, 2011 04:55PM
Thanks for the responses LowBoy and Dan-PA, I really appreciate it! That answers the main questions I had left before I get a cz-3d.
June 13, 2011 09:59PM
I have a CZ3D and scored my first gold ring this year last weekend. It was a rather chunky women's ring 10K gold. It range as a high-tone (Nickel) on the CZ3D in Salt Mode and in Enhanced Mode. The very first ring I found and almost every other "woman's" I tested (much smaller than my recent find) all rang in as foil. Foil on the CZ3D has a separate tone for good reason...and the fact that the CZ3D provided a high-tone for the nickel range isn't ONLY so you dig more nickels.
June 14, 2011 01:54AM
Correct Jeff.

Regardless of detector Make/Model.............most gold ID's as 'foil' (greater than 97%).
June 14, 2011 04:03AM
I have a freind who owns a jewelry shop, he has agreed to let me come in and let me do some testing with my detector.
Should be interesting...
June 14, 2011 11:03AM
It'll be an eye-opener. Test more than just rings!
June 14, 2011 01:35PM
For what its worth and have used a lot of units CZ's may be the best nickle unit ever made..As far as gold rings a CZ5 uncovered a turn of the century 14 kt. gold 16 diamond party ring that I had resized and will become a family heirloom to be passed onto my daughter. I mention nickles as if I find a lot of nickles a gold ring beckons as those before me cherry picked and went over them.In addendum CZ's do like gold rings and excell on beaches especially salt water wet sand areas where the 2 frequency unit handles the enviroment well...