Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

PANTERA just listed

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
PANTERA just listed
August 29, 2019 01:13AM
Really rare machine, just listed on FeeBay, incase anyone’s looking...

Aaron
Re: PANTERA just listed
August 29, 2019 03:40AM
Hello Aaron,

Just now seen it, she is pretty clean right down to the coil. I picked up a Pantera from the UK a while back, not as clean as this particular one on eBay but mine is still in good condition.

Thanks for sharing,
Paul
August 29, 2019 11:51AM
One of Monte's all-time faves!
August 29, 2019 01:38PM
Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Aaron,
>
> Just now seen it, she is pretty clean right
> down to the coil. I picked up a Pantera from the
> UK a while back, not as clean as this particular o
> ne on eBay but mine is still in good condition.
>
> Thanks for sharing,
> Paul

Yes Paul, really nice unit, haven’t seen one on feebay in a long time.

Aaron
August 29, 2019 04:11PM
"?Why spend $$$ on old tech?"
August 29, 2019 09:04PM
D I have the same problem with classic cars, but there sure are a lot of people who don't! Nostalgia by any other name?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 29, 2019 10:48PM
The Pantera is up there with the Diablo µmax - short production run - interesting operating characteristics - thin but solid fan base. Kind of like the Pinzgauer.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
August 29, 2019 11:03PM
Most guys won’t part w them, I know you can’t get Keith sell his. Must be reason why...

Aaron
August 30, 2019 12:22AM
I am hatching a plot to buy the entire fleet of Pinzgauers from the Omani Forces - surely they are about tired of them - think of all the spare parts!!!

If you are confused, here’s a pic.

upload images ad free

And a “civilian” view

And - one with “teeth”

a us bank near me

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 12:33AM by lytle78.
August 30, 2019 12:36AM
Is it desirable because it is rare? or because of how well it works? It don't look that impressive. Looks like it might be a good cherry picker because of the notch.eye rolling smiley
August 30, 2019 12:47AM
Are you asking about the Pantera or the Pinzgauer - they are both rare over here - The Pinzgauer has no notch!

Just kidding - the notch is the main attraction of the Pantera - and two tones if I remember correctly. Classic Jack Gifford design - a master of analogue design.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 01:40AM by lytle78.
August 30, 2019 02:26AM
O man Rick those are some awesome looking off road wagons! I'd be a little nervous about mpg and yeah parts availability. Same reason I am not getting a Honda Element.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 30, 2019 03:13AM
You want to “supersize” that? there’s always the Tatra 813. Saddam bought a bunch of them to convert into mobile Scud launchers. After the dust settled from the Gulf War, a bunch of them - unconverted ended up in Riyadh. I had a chance to drive one (slowly) around the lot a Saudi equipment dealer had them in - wow.

Sort of the grandad of the Pinzgauer. This monster is 8X8 - central backbone chassis with all the axles being swing axles from the central tube - V12 twin turbo air cooled diesel, central horizontal PTO winch with fairleads in all four directions - Just the thing for hauling all those Czech Panzer divisions to the front where they were scheduled to be the breakthrough forces to bust the NATO defenses.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2019 03:17AM by lytle78.
August 30, 2019 02:36PM
This is also one of Hombre's fave Detectors.
August 30, 2019 06:26PM
That is a very well kept Pantera for sure. Tempting...but....emotional Impulse buys have to be way cheaper than that now a days considering it would only get used maybe once or twice a year.

HH
Mike
August 31, 2019 12:47PM
I had one briefly but My Golden uMax was so much hotter I just turned around and resold it. Maybe it was not a hot one as barley hit a dime at 6" tops?
August 31, 2019 03:16PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I had one briefly but My Golden uMax was so much h
> otter I just turned around and resold it. Maybe it
> was not a hot one as barley hit a dime at 6" tops?

I had 2 of them. Definitely not a 'depth demon'. Had to be super tuned,meaning running a higher than normal threshold in the all metal mode and then switching to discriminate mode. I found my first shield nickel with one.
August 31, 2019 11:08PM
Des D Wrote:
> "?Why spend $$$ on old tech?"[/siz
> e]

why not? - its always good to take down someone swinging the latest & greatest with an old tech unit

its seems to readjust the balance and disc of the user smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2019 11:14PM by rustic charm.