Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!

Posted by Mike Hillis 
The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
August 30, 2019 06:58PM
I am so impressed with the Trash Density feature on my Etrac.

Coping from the manual, emphasis mine:

In Low setting, E-Trac locks onto the strongest signal target during detection and the detector displays the most stable Target ID.

In High setting, E-Trac searches for the best accepted target signal during detection and then displays the most stable Target ID.

I love this feature on my Etrac. Instead of blanking out all the time I'm only hearing whats inside my accepted pattern. I attribute my latest gold chain find wholly to this feature as the nulls were masking it on my first circuit. Went back through with Trash Density High and no nulls and the little 11-01 low tone peeped. Couldn't even pinpoint it without removing all the surrounding trash, which included a wire coat hanger. I was very impressed.

That little 11-01 peep turned out to be 26" of .585 gold chain.

I got to go back with the 8" coil and see what I missed.

HH
Mike
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
August 30, 2019 09:57PM
Been a few years since I had an E-trac. Is this a new updated feature?
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
August 31, 2019 12:05PM
Good to hear it Mike.

When testing 'New Features', it's sometimes difficult to actually [ see / hear ] when [ appreciable operating differences ] can be observed and captured during Field Testing.
I've got reams of video footage and around 98% is benign while the other 2% captured what you observed!

Des D
ex Minelab tester
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
August 31, 2019 12:19PM
That IS impressive. Was your pattern custom or a default? Did the chain have anything attached larger than the links? Surface find or was it well into the soil?
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
September 02, 2019 11:15AM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good to hear it Mike.
>
> When testing 'New Features', it's sometimes diffic
> ult to actually [ see / hear ] when [ appreciable
> operating differences ] can be observed and captur
> ed during Field Testing.
> I've got reams of video footage and
> around 98% is benign while the other 2% captured w
> hat you observed!
>
> Des D
> ex Minelab tester

Hi Des,
Could you upload some videos about yours tests with the ETrac?, It really will be appreciated by all, cheers!
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
September 02, 2019 11:18AM
Hi Mike,
I normally use "Trash Density High" all the time with good results!
Regards!
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
September 03, 2019 01:34PM
Hi Ozzie,
It was just a plain neck chain. No charms or pendants. Connected. 15 grams of .585

The site is turf and the chain was well down in the dirt below the grass about 2-1/2 or 3 inches. Well...I say grass, it was more a mixture of grass and a broad leaf ground cover. A nice groomed, regularly watered site. Using a screwdriver probe and the Tek-Point pulse probe (the first gen one, where you turn it on and wait a second or two for a confirmation beep). The cloths hanger was laying over most of it, along with some other higher conductive junk. The chain was the only low tone target.

The pattern is just a tweaked default, more narrow on the low conductive side, more open on the high conductive side. I use four tone conductive and tend to ignore the higher conductive tones and only recovery the lowest tone. This site is very noisy and the low tone really stands out among the higher toned chatter.

Funny. I've only used the Etrac five times since I bought it and already made back the money I spent on it twice. Can't wait to cycle back around to it. I've rotated to the V3 for September. I think it will be December before the Etrac comes up in rotation again.

Good job, Des and Minelab. That version of the Trash Density feature is great.

HH
Mike



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2019 04:14PM by Mike Hillis.
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
September 04, 2019 02:15PM
Yep, not a new feature. It's why high discrimination with high trash setting does so well and why recovery speed can be overrated with FBS. There is a reason the Etrac is the trashy park king.
Re: The Etrac's Trash Density feature is great!
September 04, 2019 04:35PM
elromano Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Des D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Good to hear it Mike.
> >
> > When testing 'New Features', it's sometimes diff
> ic
> > ult to actually [ see / hear ] when [ appreciabl
> e
> > operating differences ] can be observed and capt
> ur
> > ed during Field Testing.
> > I've got reams of video footage and[/b
> ]
> > around 98% is benign while the other 2% captured
> w
> > hat you observed!
> >
> > Des D
> > ex Minelab tester
>
> Hi Des,
> Could you upload some videos about yours tests wit
> h the ETrac?, It really will be appreciated by all
> , cheers!


Hello elromano,

Thanks for your Vote of confidence Re: getting to see some old footage of 'E Trac' prototyping.
Am delighted you would be interested in seeing such "stuff".
I'll give you a few reasons for not doing so here: first, it is all on DV tape and that has gone out with the proverbial flood now! Quality when edited and Uploaded suffers quite a bit and another 'excuse' is, it's really boring - OK, we'd get to see what I dug up from many targets Bothe good and bad, mostly bad because I tended to dig everything when prototyping.
Editing is very time consuming and lastly, the 'REWIND' facility of the ol DV camcorder isn't functioning so its a pain to have to find other ways to rewind! But thanks for asking all the same. Appreciated!

Des D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 12 on December 18, 2021
Record Number of Guests: 167 on September 14, 2021
Gold Prices Silver Prices


EPIPHANY METAL DETECTING Announcement

PERSONAL TRAINING....BY PHONE!!!

This forum powered by Phorum.
Forum page views since Jan. 1, 2010.