Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Will the Hurricane Make My Dream Come True?

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Will the Hurricane Make My Dream Come True?
September 04, 2019 11:11AM
I hate it has to come to this but the replenishment of sand in Horry Co. this past 2 years put the brakes on MDing for me. In the last 3.5 months I have been working as much as possible and only hunted when the wife made me go the beach and only for a few minutes then. Gets old when only targets if any are bottle caps and tabs by the hundreds, Some gold and bands were found by those hunting the towel line for days on end but 99.9% was "tourist trash". The winds that normally are good for hunting have just pulled sand down.
This seems to be changing with the sudden passing of my business partner 3 weeks ago who had the electrical license and now the storm. Hopefully the storm will blow away the 25 million dollars in sand and get back to the hard pan base. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to stay. I have a home standby and a 6.5 gen set I use to power my camper so I will have it better than most.
Hurricane party starts at 5pm. Woo Hoo!
Re: Will the Hurricane Make My Dream Come True?
September 04, 2019 01:06PM
Stay safe and good luck!
Re: Will the Hurricane Make My Dream Come True?
September 04, 2019 11:03PM
Hey SN, do the replenish by pumping the sand from offshore or truck it in from elsewhere?..... If from offshore.....think about it.