Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just passed my dive certification exam..

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just passed my dive certification exam..
September 08, 2019 11:59AM
I start open confined water training this week. I have lost 28 pounds and I am riding my bike .. goal is 50 and keep it off and keep in shape to dive.
Re: Just passed my dive certification exam..
September 08, 2019 01:05PM
Keep it up, CD. Congrats on the certification. Now the fun begins!
September 08, 2019 01:18PM
Dang Ole' Cal you doing good. I bet your Doctor told you to lose a few? If not you should get a good physical. Don't be a tuff guy who doesn't go to a Doctor as those guys wind up dead. Do it for your family if not yourself.
September 08, 2019 01:34PM
Great jobs all around. Treasure diving should be great fun and a new challenge as well as loosing a few more pounds and then keeping the lost off. Good luck, bud. HH jim tn
September 08, 2019 01:40PM
Thanks guys...
September 08, 2019 02:55PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks guys...

Great job, Calabash! Love the videos... I’d like to hear your best Jacque Cousteau impression on the next dive video, LOL.
September 08, 2019 02:56PM
Congratulations, good job on the weight loss & good luck with the dive training.
September 08, 2019 04:25PM
September 08, 2019 05:49PM
'Well Dunne! Did mine wayyyyyy back in the '70's...BSAC"
September 08, 2019 05:54PM
I am doing the PADI course.
September 08, 2019 06:34PM
Calabash, your videos won't be the same if you were 50 lbs lighter !! Oh well, we'll have to adjust to the new Calabash ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 08, 2019 06:50PM
Nice work Calabash, I can relate !!

Diving will open up a whole new treasure hunting venue, looking forward to seeing how it works out for you thumbs down
September 08, 2019 07:05PM
Your videos won't be the same without the fat fingers lol just teasing, good luck with it.
September 08, 2019 08:06PM
You know, once a treasure diver, you give up land detecting. Happened to me for 15 years, heck of a lot more treasure of all kinds to find under the water. Then had some ear issues after snorkling in Tampa Bay, the day I was without my ear flush drops.
Word to the wise keep some on hand for after each dive. Mix 75% rubbing alcohol and 50% white vinegar. Three or 4 drops in each ear after a dive, drain out after 15 seconds and your good. The alcohol will kill any bacteria and dry out the water, the vinegar restores acidity to your ears. All it takes is an ear full of crappy water during the dive's duration to do you in. Flush and be safe. I sure miss treasure diving, coins, jewelry, bottles, relics, fishing gear, guns, anchors, oil lamps..........fossils.......rocks.......cannonballs, musketballs, safes, outboard motors...... its there for the taking.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 08:07PM by Sven1.
September 08, 2019 08:37PM
Dropping that kind of weight is awesome. Bike riding is great. Easy on the body with incredible cardio results.
September 08, 2019 09:45PM
Thanks for the advice on the drops had swimmers ear few weeks back and had to research a cure. Bought some swim ear ...but I am going to mix some alcohol and vinegar ….I road 11 miles in a hour before work this morning....
September 08, 2019 10:06PM
Congratulations Cal,

And for sharing the good news! If you had high blood pressure, it’ll surely drop with loosing weight. Mine dropped, and so much better in the knees.

Congrats!
Paul
September 08, 2019 11:08PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Thanks for the advice on the drops had swimmers ea
> r few weeks back and had to research a cure. Bough
> t some swim ear ...but I am going to mix some alco
> hol and vinegar ….I road 11 miles in a hour before
> work this morning....

Be very careful. You might end up with another hobby. A person can spend big money on bikes and accessories. I dropped more money on biking this year than I did on detecting.
September 08, 2019 11:14PM
To late done dropped a bunch... had to buy setup ….certification, and of course a Excalibur….of yeah had to have a dive shaft for the excal....and dont forget the dive shaft for the Equinox.....
September 08, 2019 11:31PM
Good for you. The Harpoon won't hit you now. Keep diving.thumbs down
September 09, 2019 09:02PM
calabash digger Wrote:
> Thanks for the advice on the drops had swimmers ea
> r few weeks back and had to research a cure. Bough
> t some swim ear ...but I am going to mix some alco
> hol and vinegar ….I road 11 miles in a hour before
> work this morning....

Swimear , you just pay 100x the cost of what you can mix it up for yourself.
Swimear is 95% alcohol and 5% glycerin. But, the alcohol vinegar mix has been a standard divers mix long before I started diving in 1979.
[newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me