Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank you NASA Tom for your dedication and sharing your settings with the Equinox - my results in the last few hunts

Posted by EPL II 
Knowing I have high mineralization here in CT, I didn't think that a lower recovery speed would work well....

I had been running 6-8 in recovery speed along with a variable iron bias between 1-3. Since I have change my settings to the following:
Park1
Ground Balance
All-metal mode
Always used 50 tones since day 1
Sensitivity 23-24, (I had mainly been running up to 20 sometimes 21 with sensitivity but since you mentioned to run it higher I did exactly that)
Iron Bias - 0
Recovery - 4 and scanning slow just like a BBS / FBS machine

Going with your recommendations, I have made it into the 1700's club twice ( 1787 Fugio cent and 1787 Horned Bust cent ) found my first half cent, first seated 1856 half dime, first 1803 Reale, many rosey, mercury dimes and barber dimes, several IH and over a hundred wheat cents from a pounded and left for dead public area that has been hunted for 40 + years.
With these few simple changes, I am floored and very happy with the finds I am making!
Thank you Mr. Dankowski for sharing your wisdom and expertise.











Some amazing finds,i am using a similar setup as yourself but instead of Park 1 i am using Park 2 mainly because my targets are silver and gold hammered coins,just feel that Park 2 would be slightly more biased towards my targets.One thing i dont use is 50 tones as it just a little too much audio overload for me,so settled on 5 tones and in some cases when i just want a nice few hours detecting i also use 2 tones.

But the other main settings are very similar as what Tom suggested and you have proven that it does work !!
Very impressive finds! How deep were they?

-Ken
Hi Ken,

Surprisingly, The coins were only 3" - 7" . (One of the coppers may have been knocking on the door of 8") I am noticing a trend with the Equinox and that is finding targets many others missed and they aren't all that deep.


Kitz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very impressive finds! How deep were they?
>
> -Ken
Nice!
You have some nice looking finds there, Congratulations!
Fantastic finds. I to have been using Toms suggested settings and it is amazing the number of silvers and other old coins I am finding in the same as you old parks that many said are hunted out. I have so far taken my CTX to 3 sites that I have pounded with the Equinox and the finds have been very few. Just yesterday my brother and I rehunted a spot that we have pulled lots of silvers, wheats and IH's out of recently using Tom D. settings. I wanted to see what the CTX could uncover that I missed with the Equinox. After 6 hours of hunting I found only 1 silver dime and 2 wheats. I then ask my brother who was using the Equinox what he found. He also had found 1 silver dime and 2 wheats. So from what I am seeing after hunting 3 different sites I'm not missing anything using the Equinox that the CTX would have found. I think they are both great detectors but the Equinox being half the weight is a plus in my book.
Awesome finds!
Congratulations EPL II,

These are terrific finds, especially breaking into the 1700 era!

Are these from a park like grassy terrain area? If they are, truly outstanding finds from a pounded area.

Thanks so much for sharing,
Paul

[/b]EPL II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Knowing I have high mineralization here in CT, I
> didn't think that a lower recovery speed would wor
> k well....
>
> I had been running 6-8 in recovery speed along wi
> th a variable iron bias between 1-3. Since I have
> change my settings to the following:
> Park1
> Ground Balance
> All-metal mode
> Always used 50 tones since day 1
> Sensitivity 23-24, (I had mainly been running up
> to 20 sometimes 21 with sensitivity but since you
> mentioned to run it higher I did exactly that)
> Iron Bias - 0
> Recovery - 4 and scanning slow just like a BBS / F
> BS machine
>
> Going with your recommendations, I have made it in
> to the 1700's club twice ( 1787 Fugio cent and 178
> 7 Horned Bust cent ) found my first half cent, fir
> st seated 1856 half dime, first 1803 Reale, many r
> osey, mercury dimes and barber dimes, several IH a
> nd over a hundred wheat cents from a pounded and l
> eft for dead public area that has been hunted for
> 40 + years.
> With these few simple changes, I am floored and ve
> ry happy with the finds I am making!
> Thank you Mr. Dankowski for sharing your wisdom an
> d expertise.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
EPL II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Ken,
>
> Surprisingly, The coins were only 3" - 7" . (One o
> f the coppers may have been knocking on the door o
> f 8") I am noticing a trend with the Equinox and t
> hat is finding targets many others missed and they
> aren't all that deep.

Thanks, it's great to know that they weren't that deep. A lot of places I hunt have manicured grounds, so I wouldn't want to be going beyond 8" anyway. 3" is even better :-)

-Ken
Great oldies, love those colonial coins!

Okay I'm going to program this into the EQ800 user slot, def have some places I'd like to test at.

I have one heavy alkali site that I need to hunt in beach mode, I take it I could apply the same parameters to beach 1, 50 tones, etc. anticipating similar results?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 04:57PM by Cal_cobra.
Hi Paul,

Thank you.
Yes its a huge grassy field. I just wish they would cut the field more often to keep the vegetation short.



Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations EPL II,

These are terrific finds, especially breaking into the 1700 era!
Are these from a park like grassy terrain area? If they are, truly outstanding finds from a pounded
area.
Thanks so much for sharing,
Paul
You guys are welcome. (And..... this is only the tip-of-the-iceberg).
Nice digs there EPL - love draped bust coins!
Tom D. wrote (And..... this is only the tip-of-the-iceberg). Is there some other settings or suggestions you would care to share with us or are you talking about something new coming in the future?
if i was a betting man,i'll bet he's talking about the "possibilities" of simultaneous multi frequency
in future development.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
McCJ2 = Both
Curious Tom ...... what changes would you make to these settings now that the update is out?
When I can figure out how to restore my computer...… so the forum is 'back to normal'...… and allows me to post...…… I'll type a bunch more...…. but on the other thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 41
Record Number of Users: 12 on December 18, 2021
Record Number of Guests: 167 on September 14, 2021
Gold Prices Silver Prices


EPIPHANY METAL DETECTING Announcement

PERSONAL TRAINING....BY PHONE!!!

This forum powered by Phorum.
Forum page views since Jan. 1, 2010.