Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOKTA SIMPLEX+ -- FIELD TEST

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOKTA SIMPLEX+ -- FIELD TEST
September 24, 2019 09:48PM
I'll keep this very short...…. because I'm typing from a tiny tablet...…. and it's difficult!

The Simplex...….. by all rights...…. is a $1000 detector.....,,,,,,, that'll be sold for about 1/4 that! Stunning.

I'll reserve 'some' data..... due to: the unit is still a proto; yet, I'll share a few pointers:

* In Florida dirt..... the Simplex is about as deep as the Equinox.
* Field Mode & Beach Mode are the deepest Modes.
* Park Mode is a fast Mode...… that resets between targets very fast; yet, sacrifices some depth.
* All Metal Mode is a very 'raw'...…. minimal filter...…. threshold-based Mode.
* Simplex is a bit deeper than the Impact; primarily due to the 11" Round DD coil (vs 11"x7" elliptical DD coil).
* No hidden menu's. Everything is up front...…. on the LCD screen. Navigating is easy. You may have to look up the meaning of a couple of symbols; yet, it's very intuitive.
* Solid/modern looking unit..... with nice camlocks on the 3-piece shaft. Pistol grip.....and ergonomics are correct. Yes...… bigger coils are a little heavier..... so this unit may feel slightly nose-heavy.
* On medium-depth targets...….. the ID's do 'lock-on' very well. Deep depth targets...… and the ID's splatter a bit more...… as to be expected.
* No large silver coin on-edge issues.
* Very sensitive to tiny low-conductors.
* Audio presentation is very good.
* Unit feels/acts exactly like an Impact...…. on steroids.
* Average EMI issues.
* I verified the unit is waterproof. . . . . . and in saltwater test.
Re: NOKTA SIMPLEX+ -- FIELD TEST
September 24, 2019 09:58PM
Amazing_

its an outstanding metal detector at an unbelievable price_

thank you sir_

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
September 24, 2019 10:27PM
Thanks for the report Tom, I am eager to get one myself and hope to sell a bunch of them.
September 24, 2019 10:35PM
Thanks for the info! I would have loved to have seen a selectable FREQ in this configuration. Of course for more money …..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2019 10:39PM by calabash digger.
September 24, 2019 10:48PM
That performance for that price? This is insane!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2019 10:49PM by possum mo.
September 24, 2019 11:29PM
Amazing! Now I'll be getting one for sure.
September 24, 2019 11:53PM
Current releases and the their performance for price have just killed the used detector market. We all have that sentimental favorite, but it becomes hard to rationalize spending much money on those old models.
September 24, 2019 11:57PM
Great information. One question if you would. Does the Simplex have a headphone jack for standard wired headphones
September 25, 2019 12:36AM
Bill = Yes. (It's a short pigtail for 1/4" phonejack).
September 25, 2019 12:32PM
There are a lot of cats hoping and praying that this unit would come nowhere near the performance of a 'Nox. Not for that price.

Can't wait to see mine come in.
September 25, 2019 12:42PM
I have NO idea why Nokta/Makro is advertising the Simplex as a 'beginners..... bottom-end' unit. It is every bit of Nokta/Makro top-end Flagship. Yes..... Flagship status. Hands-down. It is only the cost of the unit..... that I think may be dictating 'thought-process'; hence, 'beginners unit'. (Which is incorrect mindset).
September 25, 2019 01:25PM
It makes me wonder what features they could have packed in there for another $100? It looks like a great platform to build off of.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
September 25, 2019 02:18PM
I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere....whats the operating frequency?
Mike
September 25, 2019 02:38PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere....whats the
> operating frequency?
> Mike

12KHz
September 25, 2019 02:57PM
We know how this goes..everybody buys this...Then two months later Multi freq...comes out and your stuck with this one ..I would wait!!!!
September 25, 2019 03:27PM
mascard1 Wrote:
> We know how this goes..everybody buys this...Then
> two months later Multi freq...comes out and your s
> tuck with this one ..I would wait!!!!

I'm not certain where having a "Nokta/Makro top-end Flagship" performer (per Tom) at that price constitutes being "stuck with this one".
September 25, 2019 04:07PM
As Tom says almost as deep as the Nox in good ground but in any mineralized ground it will not be as deep as the Nox on the low conductors just like the Anfibio.
September 25, 2019 09:09PM
Looking forward to reading the manual.

HH
Mike
September 26, 2019 10:23AM
with what GB is this model ?as its been updated for some reason so how many modes on yours?and the vibrating handles instead of headphones???
September 26, 2019 10:34PM
Can the Simplex get a 14 inch Dime? if its a bit deeper than the Impact i seem to remember Tom begging for just a bit more from the Impact to achieve this.
September 26, 2019 11:29PM
Which US manufacturers do you think are now done? They have all been beat by a relative newcomer to the industry who listens to their customers !
September 27, 2019 12:56AM
virginia digger Wrote:
> Which US manufacturers do you think are now done?
> They have all been beat by a relative newcomer to
> the industry who listens to their customers !

Va. Digger, I hope none. But if they don't hurry and step up to the plate, and I feel they certainly could, well, things don't look too promising. Makes me a little let down and a little sad..
Buy the way I'm a Virginia Digger too. smiling smiley
September 27, 2019 03:56AM
one has to wonder if there is enough of a market left to support
thousands of new sales...seems like most guys who are left are "old timers"
who may be on their last legs! so to speak! maybe domestic makers think that,
and don't want to spend "huge" dollars to compete! ..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 27, 2019 11:28AM
sanjuro Wrote:
> Can the Simplex get a 14 inch Dime? if its a bit d
> eeper than the Impact i seem to remember Tom beggi
> ng for just a bit more from the Impact to achieve
> this.

14" on a dime is alot to expect from any detector.
September 27, 2019 01:20PM
My Etrac with 11" Pro coil will air test a dime out to 13" with a good solid repeatable high tone at Max sensitivity when EMI is low. So I figure 14" is possible on a single freq in the right conditions.

HH
Mike
September 27, 2019 02:41PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> My Etrac with 11" Pro coil will air test a dime ou
> t to 13" with a good solid repeatable high tone at
> Max sensitivity when EMI is low. So I figure 14"
> is possible on a single freq in the right conditio
> ns.
>
> HH
> Mike

I was thinking that he meant in the ground depth, don't know why I never thought of air test.
September 27, 2019 02:44PM
I thought he meant in ground also.
September 27, 2019 05:27PM
Yes i meant in the soil not air in the Impact test by Tom he mentions that it is almost capable of 14 inches on a dime or something like that ( i will have to re read the thread) so if the Simplex is deeper than the Impact then it may get that 14 inch dime
September 27, 2019 05:31PM
My bad....yeah...14" in the ground with Target ID would be tough.

HH
Mike
September 27, 2019 06:26PM
Here's what I am really seeing/experiencing. There are times...… when EMI is low...…. that the Simplex can (just barely) detect a buried 14" dime in my Florida test-garden dirt. There are times when the EQX can also detect this same 14" deep dime...…...again...…. IF extenuating (low EMI) conditions allow. What's crazy is...… these days are not always the same. One day.... the EQX can do it. . . . but the Simplex cannot. The next day..... the EQX cannot …… but the Simplex can. ((( If only to 'finally rid' EMI).
ALSO...…. the modulated audio of the Simplex …. ramps down quicker than the EQX. So...…… this 14" dime audibly sounds VERY weak.,.,.,.,.,., and could be mistaken as 'ground chatter'; yet, I can clearly see that the Simplex is genuinely detecting this dime...… albeit ….. extremely weak.
The EQX...…. on a good day (minimal EQX EMI)…….. when it hit's this dime...…. it is audibly louder.

IN THE REAL WORLD...…. I have yet to detect a dime beyond 12.5" with either detector. ((( I have a textbook perfect test-garden ))).