Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Testing the F2 settings...

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Testing the F2 settings...
October 12, 2019 12:08AM
Depth and Unmasking..Very basic test will do more next week .test

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2019 01:29AM by calabash digger.
Re: Testing the F2 settings...
October 12, 2019 02:29PM
Calabash, Since your soil is mild like mine could you please do a test using the following settings. Would love to see what you think. Park 1, 50 tones, recovery 2 or 3, bias F2-0, sens. 23-25, all metal, GB-0 and slow swing speed. Want to see depth and unmasking. I've been using F2-0 and I can really tell the iron from a non ferrous targets. These setting been working great in my iron and trashy parks and yards. Seems to work really well on high conductors. Not sure how it does on mid to low conductors. Thanks
October 12, 2019 03:13PM
Cal...….. When you say "wide open"...….. you do not say a number. By the looks of the video...… your "wide open" is a setting of '9'. (((I'm just guessing here))). If indeed..... you are on a setting of '9'...… this is the exact opposite of "wide open"...…… because...…… a setting of '9' employs THE most filters...…. THE most 'choked' setting...….. so as to better ID steel bottlecaps....and sheet steel.
A setting of F2 '0' is "wide open"...… with the LEAST amount of filters...… and is best for deep targets and unmasking.
October 12, 2019 08:33PM
I used the wrong wording Tom.... I meant wide open as the most filter applied. I will make myself clear in the next video when I do some more test. I used F2 4 in a beat up iron loaded site and pulled relics from it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2019 08:34PM by calabash digger.