Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For some reason I can't quite explain yet I pretty excited about the Vanquish.

Posted by Mike Hillis 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For some reason I can't quite explain yet I pretty excited about the Vanquish.
October 15, 2019 09:00PM
Something about the low cost multi frequency that offer targeted full band or focused band spectrum hunting kind of ticks my boxes.

I know, I know, EQ already does this but getting this below the $500 dollar mark is exciting to me.

Anyway...really looking forward to the release.

HH
Mike
Re: For some reason I can't quite explain yet I pretty excited about the Vanquish.
October 15, 2019 10:18PM
If the 540 gets decent depth I will buy the pro pack for a second/backup detector. I love the multi IQ tech. My old Teknetics Delta 4000 is getting pretty tired. The Nox needs a new little buddy. It would be disappointing if they got the same depth as the Ace series they are gunning for. I don't understand the hoopla about them not being waterproof. I'm not going to buy an entry level "turn on and go" detector for water hunting.
Re: For some reason I can't quite explain yet I pretty excited about the Vanquish.
October 15, 2019 10:44PM
makes you wonder how Garrett - Whites - Teknetics - Fisher etc are going to compete

I could be wrong but it appears to me prices for top quality & great preforming units
have dropped due to these continual releases from both Nokta-Makro & Minelab

Any idea when the old fulla's are due to wake up?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
October 16, 2019 07:43AM
Same here, multi IQ just works so much better in my soil, single freq is dead to me lol
I'm ordering one for myself and one for my daughter as she loves detecting the beach.
It must be hard for other manufacturers who are all fighting for the same customers in the single or selectable freq market, while Minelab have a whole market to themselves!
October 16, 2019 07:33PM
Wondering how the Vanquish would stack up against my Fisher F5? Mostly interested in increased depth. How bout it, Mike H.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2019 08:42PM by Beach.
October 16, 2019 09:39PM
It takes many hours to master a new detector. If the Vanquish offers no performance advantage over the Equinox, I don't want to spend the time to learn a new detector.
October 17, 2019 06:28PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something about the low cost multi frequency that
> offer targeted full band or focused band spectrum
> hunting kind of ticks my boxes.
>
> I know, I know, EQ already does this but getting t
> his below the $500 dollar mark is exciting to me.
>
> Anyway...really looking forward to the release.
>
> HH
> Mike

Mike----You compulsive buyer you!!! (by your own admission I might add)grinning smiley------It's different this time though--right??winking smiley-----I'm kiddin, I'm kiddin!----------Del
October 22, 2019 01:23PM
Hey Beach,

I dunno. Only way to tell is coil to coil in your dirt.

HH
Mike
October 24, 2019 12:22AM
Everything looks good , my only concerns are the dreaded narrow VDI range, where nickels -pull tabs - can slaw all fall in one VDI Number. Making cherry picking trashy parks unproductive.....Is January 2020 still the release date?
October 24, 2019 05:10AM
Rob...……. are you having the same/exact problem with the Equinox?
October 25, 2019 12:18AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rob...……. are you having the same/exact problem wi
> th the Equinox?

Yes .....the Nox has a lot going for it, but a wide VDI Range is not one of them.
October 25, 2019 12:37AM
The EQX and VNQ have identical ID-span range. There's attributes/detriments to a 'medium span-width' ID range!