Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F75 Coil Choices ?

Posted by virginia digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F75 Coil Choices ?
October 26, 2019 06:10PM
I am looking to add some new coils to my F75. With so many coil choices from Europe I was wondering what's the difference. I've looked at Cor's, NEL, Detech, Magic and Mars. Have any of you tried them for a comparison?

I appreciate the feed back !

Mark
Re: Fisher F75 Coil Choices ?
October 26, 2019 06:35PM
I always liked the NEL Sharpshooter since it was in between the stock 11 and 5 inch coils.

I used that coil the most when I had my F75.
October 26, 2019 07:29PM
Mars has great light weight choices.
October 26, 2019 07:46PM
I tried a MARS Tiger, I was most unimpressed. It did air-test a bit deeper than the stock coil, as dictated by physics. But in mild ground, it was not noticeably deeper than stock, just maybe if you had the coil rubbing the grass. If you had a small gap it seemed worse than stock. It was obviously heavier than the stock coil ( about 120 grams more ) , which was acceptable .... except it gave no performance advantage. It wouldn't Fast-Grab ground-balance. It didn't seem to pick up any more electrical interference than the stock coil, which was good. It seemed well constructed, and came with a dirt-cap for the free socket on the cable. The box it came in was too small - not deep enough, meaning the coil cable was severely bent over where it leaves the coil and the box lid bulged out.
I quickly sold it on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2019 07:49PM by Pimento.
October 26, 2019 09:59PM
Hard to beat the stock 11" double d coil and the little FT 5"....two awesome coils. Why not stick with them?
October 26, 2019 10:34PM
I have the NEL Attack and Thunder F-75 coils I'll sell for $100 each if you're interested.

I also have an F-75 LTD DST with both the 11" and 5" coils I'll sell for $350.

Everything is 100% good as new except for a repair of one of the ears on the 11" coil. Less than two years old and used less than ten times.

I stopped using it after I bought my Equinox.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2019 11:27PM by Badger in NH.
October 27, 2019 01:03PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hard to beat the stock 11" double d coil and the l
> ittle FT 5"....two awesome coils. Why not stick wi
> th them?

Ditto thumbs down
October 27, 2019 02:29PM
I've tried a few larger and mid size after market coils on my 75's over the years and always seem to end up with the stock 11" as my larger coil and for smaller and in-between sizes, I also end up with the 5 x 10 DD and the 5" small DD, both by Fisher. That little 5" is a laser and gets really nice depth. HH jim tn
October 27, 2019 10:09PM
I have 5" x 10" 'concentric' search coil that I like using on my F75. It was made for an F70. I switch between it and the Sharpshooter DD search coil. The concentric search coil discriminates better, but the DD search coil seems to be a little better at separating targets. It's hard to pick between the two coils. I'd choose either of these two search coils over the 11" stock and 5" search coil.

tabman
October 28, 2019 05:31PM
Hi Mark,

I dunno....Been thinking about the NEL Tornado.

I'm coil heavy but I find them useful and will carry a couple with me, depending on what my focus is. For the F75 I have the following...

5"DD = Heavy trash with full modulated audio and functionality.

5x10"DD = High trash with full modulated audio and functionality,

Mars Tiger 7" round DD. About an 1-1/2” deeper than the 5x10 but very sensitive. Sometimes the extra sensitivity is detrimental. Right now I like the Fisher 5x10 better but I don’t have that much use on the Mars Tiger to be absolute definitive about it.

Stock 11" Bi-Axial DD = the perfect coil for the F75 in my opinion. I mostly run it either 0 sensitivity or 99 sensitivity depending on the dirt. DST with a frequency shift hasn’t required anything else.

a RIF Ranger 10x14" DD. The RIF Ranger coils are Russian. I don’t even know if you can still get them. It has performance issues and isn’t really compatible with the all metal modes. I mainly use it as a clad sweeper when scouting for hot spots.

the 3x6" concentric – Its a hot coil. The F75 almost overpowers it. This coil turns the F75 into a true gold prospecting unit. I use it when hunting tiny jewelry. It will micro jewelry hunt on the surface. Its a shame the GoldBug Pro/F19/G2 models can't use this coil.

the 10" Elliptical concentric – works very good and a must have coil around surface iron or curbing.

I also use the 7.8 kHz 11" Triangulated coil off the F44. While not designed for the F75 it does work. Its good for about 8” of non-modulated audio response and then its off. I really wish Fisher would make this coil for the F75. It’s a deep coil on the F44 and the design is helpful. When running concentrics I probably split the time even between the 10” elliptical concentric and this coil.

I also use the 7.8 kHz NEL Tornado 12x13” DD coil. It operates the same as the Triangulated coil. Good for about 8” of full non-modulated audio then its off. Been thinking about getting one compatible with the F75 but haven’t made up my mind.

Thought it might be helpful.

HH
Mike

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2019 05:36PM by Mike Hillis.
October 28, 2019 11:16PM
Thanks Mike !
I enjoyed your commentary on all the coils you use. Just received a Magic coil today. It's a new company and made in Russia. Looks really nice, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Mark
October 30, 2019 01:04PM
Let us know what you think about that Magic coil. I've been looking at one for the AT Pro.

HH
Mike
October 30, 2019 02:08PM
Many of us know the importance of having various size coils for site applications. Just as importantly, IMHO, is also hunting hard hit spots from different angles and directions. And, being a little curious doesn't hurt either. My buddy and I were hunting a hard worked spot yesterday and I came upon a mixed tone target with my F 75 in 3H tones with the 5 x 10 DD coil on. Working around the target from the complete opposite direction I was able to zero in on the high tone and recovered a small sterling ladies ring. 4" away the mid tone was a thumb tip size ball of foil. Coil size, direction and simply being a little curious was just the right combination for recovering that small silver ring. Would have been a great story if the foil wad had been a gold ring. LOL HH jim tn