Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for Tom

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for Tom
November 07, 2019 12:23AM
Are you still a big fan of the newest Minelab multi freq machine. Any new thoughts? I still have the impact and really like it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Question for Tom
November 07, 2019 02:09AM
LCPM...….. there's a lot of 'tech' in the EQX. If EMI does not shut it down...… I use the EQX. If EMI is EQX inhibiting...…. I still use the Impact. If EMI shuts down nearly all of them...…. the 30-year old CZ is almost immune to EMI...… and comes through. Although the CZ may not be perfect...… it is the most EMI resistant platform..... to date. (((Your probably not talking/asking about wet-salt beach hunting...…. of which I use the Tarsacci))).
November 07, 2019 02:57AM
Thanks

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 07, 2019 03:40AM
I have detected with a CZ-5 right next to a substation and under heavy power lines with no problem at all.
November 07, 2019 11:43AM
(((Same here))).
November 07, 2019 01:41PM
I guess not all old tech is useless, Ha!
Seriously though that is why I can take My CZ-3D to a site that I pounded with My Etrac along with everyone and their brother and still pull a keeper or two. And some sites the Etrac was quiet as a church mouse? I suspect it was silent EMI?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 01:47PM by Harold,ILL..
November 07, 2019 06:35PM
Does that go for any units in the CZ line up?? (Regards to the EMI)
November 08, 2019 05:42AM
SilverPeter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does that go for any units in the CZ line up?? (Re
> gards to the EMI)

Not sure about the CZ digital units? The CZ 5, 6 & 6A has copper shielding on the inside of the control box with the electronics grounded to the shielding. Never opened up a digital CZ?
November 08, 2019 02:23PM
Yes all CZs are good with EMI.
November 09, 2019 12:30AM
Thanks for the reply's...

Follow up questions: If you needed to detect a great area near power lines, would your choice be the CZ3D or the CZ-70, what would be your choice for that area and some depth??
November 09, 2019 05:18AM
I never had EMI issues with my CZ-70 that I can recall.
November 09, 2019 01:02PM
In general...….. the analog CZ's (CZ-5, CZ-6a, CZ-3D) may mitigate EMI slightly better …. over the digital (CZ-7, CZ-7a, CZ-70) CZ platforms. I doubt you would notice a difference though. Overall...…. the CZ's are nearly immune to EMI.