Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2+

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2+
November 08, 2019 11:01PM
Any of you guys have any knowledge/experience or opinions with this unit. I know of a fellow in my small circle of relic hunters that from what I hear absolutely kills it with that machine when it comes to relic hunting.
Re: G2+
November 08, 2019 11:44PM
I had the Gold Bug Pro with both coils a while back and loved it for working around iron and nails. Basically the same machine as the G2. Excellent separation, very nice tones. Ultra light weight. I wish I hadn't sold it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 11:47PM by Badger in NH.
November 09, 2019 12:13AM
Isn't the G2 PLUS version like a LTD version of the F75 in that it has a boost process and DST?
November 09, 2019 01:10AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't the G2 PLUS version like a LTD version of th
> e F75 in that it has a boost process and DST?

Nope-----The G2+/F-19 doesn't have boost mode (unfortunately).-----Those little machines are pretty much "bullet prove" as far as EMI goes though.
November 09, 2019 01:43AM
The VDI on the G2+ is very accurate and it has reasonable depth as well. Works well in the trashy areas. I think a 5"x 10" DD coil on a G2+ is deadly. That's my opinion.
November 09, 2019 05:04AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Cal_cobra Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Isn't the G2 PLUS version like a LTD version of
> th
> > e F75 in that it has a boost process and DST?
>
>
> Nope-----The G2+/F-19 doesn't have boost mode (unfortunately).-----Those little machines are pretty much "bullet prove" as far as EMI goes though.

What does the PLUS component add then?
November 09, 2019 05:42AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> -----
> > Cal_cobra Wrote:
> > ------------------------------------------------
> --
> > -----
> > > Isn't the G2 PLUS version like a LTD version o
> f
> > th
> > > e F75 in that it has a boost process and DST?
> >
> >
> > Nope-----The G2+/F-19 doesn't have boost mode (u
> nfortunately).-----Those little machines are prett
> y much "bullet prove" as far as EMI goes though.
>
> What does the PLUS component add then?

The added features that the original G2 didn't have.------Notch disc, Ferrous volume control, back light--might be a little more that I didn't list.----Feature wise, the G2+ is the same as the F-19.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 05:56AM by D&P-OR.
November 09, 2019 08:50AM
Bill,
The F19 is an exceptional relic and coin hunter picking through the iron on old house sites. It deserves more respect. Big screen, iron volume control.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 09:38AM by texkinzee.
November 09, 2019 12:18PM
I forgot about the F-19. I believe that came later, after the G2 and GBP were first introduced.
November 10, 2019 12:47AM
The adjustable "V" break is a really nice feature on the G2+ & F-19 also and is a feature the original G2 doesn't have.
November 10, 2019 02:42AM
My F19 was a nickel killer at depth. It had the best, most stable and accurate target ID of any Fisher I owned or used. I always said if they should have made a waterproof version.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
November 10, 2019 04:22AM
khouse -- TOTALLY agree with you about the best, most stable and accurate target ID of any Fisher unit. It is surprisingly deep, too...

Steve
November 10, 2019 01:23PM
I've had both the G2+ and the F19. Same machine except the grip. G2+ had the F75 type Handle mounted control while the F19 had the S rod mounted control box. I actually liked the F19 a little better as it felt more solid. Both are really good relic detectors. The only thing I didn't like was the volume was very soft using headphones. It didn't matter which of the 10 or so headphones I tried, they were all very quiet and I've got very good hearing. I think they may have fixed that problem but I'm not sure.
November 10, 2019 05:22PM
For coin & jewelry on trashy parks & relic hunting.......can’t beat the G2+, with its Rock solid ID, even at max Depth ....Light weight .......wide VDI Range......Only draw back is one tone only ( VCO) AKA ....duck call ......some people don’t like it ....but it gives lots of information on the size of the target & depth of target ........At it’s low low price ....really can’t go wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2019 07:22PM by Rob in (ca).
November 12, 2019 11:02PM
Thanks guys, appreciate all the responses smileys with beer
November 13, 2019 01:50AM
Looks like the F-19 will get re-branded as the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro - likely with a big price cut.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 13, 2019 09:11AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> Looks like the F-19 will get re-branded as the Bou
> nty Hunter Time Ranger Pro - likely with a big pri
> ce cut.
>
> [www.detectorprospector.com]
> 143-new-for-2020-bounty-hunter-time-ranger-pro/

If so---why would they do this?-----It appears to have the exact same features, buttons & rod configuration as the F-19.------Just a new paint job & name change?
November 13, 2019 01:20PM
Sounds like they are trying to give the Bounty Hunter Brand more legitimacy. Seems like a lost cause to me.
November 13, 2019 01:46PM
It’s all about distribution. Bounty Hunter is a mass-market brand. Online sales, big box stores and the like. This thing will sell by the container load in those outlets. First Texas makes a very significant portion of their annual sales and profit from this line.

Having said that, getting what is really an F19 with an 11” DD coil for a price which will likely be half the MSRP price of the F19 is a great deal for lots of folks who know what an excellent relic and gold nugget detector it is.

Rick Kempf
November 13, 2019 04:00PM
lytle78 Wrote:

>
> Having said that, getting what is really an F19 wi
> th an 11” DD coil for a price which will likely be
> half the MSRP price of the F19 is a great deal for
> lots of folks who know what an excellent relic and
> gold nugget detector it is.

And make many of those who bought F-19's discover that they paid hundreds of dollars just for the Fisher logo.
November 13, 2019 08:25PM
Translation shows it will be a re-branded GoldBug Pro with FE volume control. Not a re-branded F19

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2019 08:37PM by Mike Hillis.
November 13, 2019 10:59PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> Sounds like they are trying to give the Bounty Hunter Brand more legitimacy. Seems like a lost cause to me.

It's probably less expensive for them to move to this electronic package vs the old muffler on a stick TIme Ranger version. Hey they have to be cranking something out in that new fancy manufacturing plant in El Paso right?
November 13, 2019 11:03PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> lytle78 Wrote:
> -----
> > Looks like the F-19 will get re-branded as the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro - likely with a big price cut.
> >
> > [www.detectorprospector.com]
>
>
> If so---why would they do this?-----It appears to have the exact same features, buttons & rod configuration as the F-19.------Just a new paint job & name change?

That's been their MO for the last ten years, kind of went the route of Whites repackaging the same machines with new coils and paint jobs as new models.

FTP did the same thing with their "new" Teknetics models....same ole same ole at FTP.
November 14, 2019 12:25AM
If I understand it, the F19 is a Gold Bug Pro with 11” DD, FE volume, notch and red backlight. The new BH seems to have those features.

Rick Kempf
November 14, 2019 12:34AM
lytle78 Wrote:
> If I understand it, the F19 is a Gold Bug Pro with 11” DD, FE volume, notch and red backlight. The new BH seems to have those features.

Do we have any idea on the pricing? I like the red backlight, and if it's as good of a relic hunter as mentioned above, wouldn't mind trying it out. I've always heard these machines are button magnets in iron.

How does it do in medium to higher mineralized dirt? That always killed my F75.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2019 01:24AM by Cal_cobra.
November 14, 2019 01:41PM
If I were FTP, I would just combine Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter into one brand and stop trying to milk these old names that have absolutely nothing to do with their original companies.

Fisher went out of business the moment FTP bought the rights to the name. The Fisher company from 20 years ago no longer exists.