Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Findmall down....

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Findmall down....
November 14, 2019 10:58PM
Im sure ill get baned from there but here ya go....... Couldnt long on after several attempts. It appeared as thou the form was read only which a GUEST would see. I though maybe my password was corrupt so went to recover it. Same thing. Sooooo i send a message to CONTACT US ..... asking if they could help and went thru my attempts. Here the reply:

You really need to pay attention and READ. We are switching to a new server and the forum is READ ONLY. Do not waste our time with such frivoulous matters. Goof grief man, pull your head out of your ass

Now i read pretty well ..... but like most miss things sometimes. Im really taken back by this since ive been on most of these forums for years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2019 11:05PM by dewcon4414.
Re: Findmall down....
November 14, 2019 11:15PM
Confirmed
''This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.''
November 14, 2019 11:41PM
I believed that just ment I was being treated as a GUEST and needed to log in. But couldnt get it to work. I’m a long ways from being stupid....so I asked for help. Where did I go wrong? Done whining..... more time to detect lol.
November 15, 2019 12:31AM
I'm seeing the same thing.....oh well, FeeMall isn't the most interesting forum out there these days, between detector manufactures dropping off like flies and the aggressive mods and censorship, there are far better places to hang out IMO.
November 15, 2019 01:06AM
Guv did make an announcement a few days ago that a new server was being installed and there would be some interruptions for a spell.

Dew, not a very professional response to your inquiry, I would say.

HH jim tn
November 15, 2019 01:56AM
jim tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Dew, not a very professional response to your inquiry, I would say.
>
> HH jim tn

That's about as unprofessional as it gets. I love how they roll out the red carpet for their sponsors and @#$%& on everyone else, very odd strategy to say the least.

Anytime there's some kind of planned service interruption, communications to the end users goes a long ways, theirs would be classified as an epic fail thumbs up

I get that they probably got asked the same question dozens of times, OK, no problem, just send a canned copy & paste reply, no need to act like an a-hole to your users angry smiley
November 15, 2019 06:52AM
Mods consistently treat members like @#$%& and put themselves on a pedestal. I’m done with that forum.
November 15, 2019 07:12AM
FM was at one time reasonable forum,but in recent years has deleted alot of the main specific model posts due to the main Brands stop sponsoring,so all the topic that i had posting on over the years have been deleted.

Dont post alot on forums in general these days and if i want some specific detecting information then FB usually has a specific section.

In general a massive decline in forum traffic mainly once again due to FB !!
November 15, 2019 10:25AM
I just felt like this guy needs to be called out on how he treats people. One sentence ....... i cant log on can you help. All he had to do was explain to me they were changing the server. My screen never showed anything except the guest screen so i thought i had a pass word problem. Im not point the finger at ANYONE but that guy who gave that kind of response believing the owner would support his comments.
November 15, 2019 02:06PM
READ ONLY MODE Enabled. We are moving Findmall Forums to a new server and during this time, you will not be able to make any new post or replies. When this message is gone, it mean the move have been completed and you will be able to post or reply again. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Top of the screen this morning.....

HH
Mike
November 15, 2019 02:27PM
Mike.....thanks. But that still doesn’t come up on my screen. However I went into one section since it was read only and saw the owner mentioned that. But ....I still don’t believe anyone should get that kind of a response to a ...can you help me. A very short explication is all that was needed. I don’t believe this was the owner... and hopefully he wouldn’t have responded like this nor would he think I got a proper response.
November 15, 2019 02:44PM
The former 'moderator, "Elton", was a true gentleman. Often helped me out with a few things. The likes of him are a rare breed.
November 15, 2019 03:15PM
That place rapidly went to the dogs when Elton died. I don't even bother to go there anymore. Was 'reprimanded' by the forum when I was critical of one of his new advertisers IN A PM for his underhanded/lying business practices.
November 15, 2019 03:47PM
Findmall is back up now.
November 15, 2019 05:49PM
Looks like Findmall is down again.
November 15, 2019 07:05PM
I dont know but it takes a few to figure it all out...... and it still dont work. Isnt there a windows 10... not mentioned?
November 15, 2019 07:18PM
Looks like their having a rough time with their cutover:

[Error writing banner file to /home/usercache/garyk//banner_manager_eec99a027ad437aa1d9ba16f5d35bfc7]An error occurred in the application.
The error was logged to the Phorum event log.
November 17, 2019 07:27PM
If anyone really cares it is up again.
OBN
November 17, 2019 08:59PM
SeabeeRon Wrote:
> If anyone really cares it is up again.

There is a tremendous amount of Eric Foster and several others (old) post that would be missed, Lot of great reading...My opinion.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....73....Misc Gold 1 .......Silvers ...110
November 17, 2019 09:12PM
Des D Wrote:
> The former 'moderator, "Elton", was a true gentlem
> an. Often helped me out with a few things. The lik
> es of him are a rare breed. I agree, Elton was a great guy.
November 17, 2019 09:16PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> That place rapidly went to the dogs when Elton die
> d. I don't even bother to go there anymore. Was '
> reprimanded' by the forum when I was critical of o
> ne of his new advertisers IN A PM for his underhan
> ded/lying business practices. I am about 99.9% sure that PM's are not private at Findmall.
November 18, 2019 01:27AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
------------------------------------------------
I am about 99.9% sure that PM's are not private at Findmall.

Oh I can guarantee they arent private. Many people have reported being banned from site soon after complaining about the owner in a PM to another member. It happened to me too many years ago.

======================================================

You can see my videos here: [www.youtube.com]
My blog is here: [thesilverfiend.com]

======================================================
November 18, 2019 10:17AM
Joe..... you can read anything as a guest. But ... there is a certain expectation of being treated with respect..... the old golden rule. My post was pointed directly to who ever sent me that reply. Most of the Mods on the forum are very willing to help and really seem to have a passion about the hobby ... ive never had an issue with any of them..... Elton and Ron especially were outstanding. So its not my intent to bash the forum but rather to bring to light someone one who reflects poorly on it.
November 18, 2019 02:34PM
Findmall still exist? they banned me when decided I didn't want to renew sponsorship. smh
November 18, 2019 04:48PM
silverfiend Wrote:
> SkiWhiz Wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------
> I am about 99.9% sure that PM's are not private a
> t Findmall.
>
>
> Oh I can guarantee they arent private. Many people
> have reported being banned from site soon after co
> mplaining about the owner in a PM to another membe
> r. It happened to me too many years ago.

fwiw, in my case, the new owner of Windy City Detectors forwarded the PM to the fm owner(?) complaining that he was butthurt by my words. the owner PMd me saying he was on the fence about time-outing me, basically asking me to grovel for him. I left no doubt as to what I thought of him, wcd, and crooks in general with my return language. People that whore themselves out for money disgust me.

eta: the old owner of wcd (Ron?)was a great guy. hope he got lots of cash when he sold the business!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2019 04:52PM by Champ Ferguson.
November 18, 2019 04:53PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Findmall still exist? they banned me when decided I didn't want to renew sponsorship. smh

That's pretty low thumbs up
November 18, 2019 05:53PM
silverfiend Wrote:
> SkiWhiz Wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------
> I am about 99.9% sure that PM's are not private a
> t Findmall.
>
>
> Oh I can guarantee they arent private. Many people
> have reported being banned from site soon after co
> mplaining about the owner in a PM to another membe
> r. It happened to me too many years ago.

A few years ago I had a Findmall member tell me that they had a friend on the forum that wanted a price on a detector (I forget which detector it was), so I pm'd him a price. Not long after, a mod. gave me a not so nice message and I got banned. Oh well.
November 18, 2019 10:21PM
Only time I ever got reprimanded by a FM mod, Elton (RIP). And it was because someone complained to him that I was in their business too much, which I don't really get because I wasn't even that active on their at the time. That same person is on here. I'm a reasonable person, if you have an issue with someone, just PM them, don't run crying to mommy.