Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Amazed how powerful the Orx is in Gold 1

Posted by Rick, N. MI 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Amazed how powerful the Orx is in Gold 1
November 22, 2019 04:25PM
Last summer I hunted with the Orx in the freshwater lakes using Deep mode. Just now was testing a ladies 2.04 gram 14k gold ring in sand and was taken by surprise how much more powerful the Orx was in the Gold modes than Deep mode on the gold ring. On my test coins Gold mode didn't do as well as Deep mode so used Deep mode ring hunting last summer lol. Should have known Gold mode would be more powerful on gold lol.

Was just taken by surprised how much deeper it was on the gold ring.

A 2.04 gr 14k gold ring buried at 12" in sand the Orx hits it in Gold 1 & 2 and with the coil raised about 4". Gold 1 hit a little louder. Orx w/ 9" hf coil. 28khz, sensi. max, recovery 2, disc IAR 2. Iron off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ring .89 grams 14k at 12" in the sand.

The Orx in Gold 1 and 2 got a solid hit and Gold 1 could be raised about 3".

Gold Kruzer got a tick would be noticeable on it using the 9x5 dd coil.

Simplex no hit.

Equinox w/ 11" coil no hit. Don't know why the Equinox didn't get a hit. Tried Gold 1 and Park 1, Sensitivity 24, 2 tone, Tone break -1, recovery 4, F2 0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orx is the best for lake hunting. The Gold Kruzer close behind.
Still amazed how powerful the Orx is in Gold 1.
This mode will be unbelievable in my mild fresh water lakes.

Can't wait till spring.
Re: Amazed how powerful the Orx is in Gold 1
November 22, 2019 04:56PM
PARK 2 is geared more toward gold... from what I understand. ORX ,DEUS, EQUINOX very close in my soil on gold.
November 22, 2019 05:43PM
Hi Rick,
Pretty cool the Gold Kruzer ticked on the .89 gram ring at 12" in sand. 1 gram 14 K yellow gold is about a 23 VDI on a F75, which is about where the Gold Kruzer just starts to operate well.

Thanks for sharing.

HH
Mike
November 22, 2019 06:50PM
Hello Rick,

You’re right, especially hunting in water gold mode is the way to go. Here on West Coast fresh water, with the Deus, Equinox or other top end VLF with all metal zip -zip audio gold mode is better. Plus, can increase sensitivity using with Gold mode feature.

Most hunters are stuck using discrimination modes in fresh water, not realizing the zip-zip gold mode is better. What works great inland, doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll work in fresh water. Black sand is tough, Gold modes on the Deus, Equinox, MX-Sport etc are better for water hunting.

HH, Paul
November 22, 2019 08:19PM
I agree completely Paul.

Thanks
November 23, 2019 01:15PM
I use mine most of the time in gold mode relic hunting. I set the IAR at 5 and set the freq. to 14.
November 24, 2019 02:16PM
I haven't used the Orx in Gold modes yet in the water or relic. I will be using it. Gold modes also seems to separate better.

My prayers are with you. The power of prayer.
November 29, 2019 02:37AM
The gold modes has less Filters, will have to try it on the next hunt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2019 02:39AM by Rob in (ca).